It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Extraterrestrials

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I just found out that he has a website setup so you can learn how to read hieroglyph's on your own using his translations.

Start learning how to read and write ancient Egyptian hieroglyphs

Some important rules for how to read the Egyptian Hieroglyphic texts

I love this stuff!

[edit on 4-12-2008 by warrenb]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Skyfloating...thank you for what in my opinion is the thread of the year. The amount of work you have been putting into this is impressive and appreciated. If one believes or not, it is something fantastic to think about either way. The clean and smart presentation is a great example of the level of professionalism on this site. I look forward to doing more research (it seems limitless) and reading posts from other intrigued and informed forum members. S+F, site Digg too.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Again Sky you absolute refuse to look at the inscriptions fully or in context - but then that is your deliberate tactic isn't it? Not very intellectually honest would you say. This is SO funny.

So yet again Sky what does the inscription say in full?

Does it make sense when you cut out part of it which you say are flying machines??

Lets see if you can really reach for the truth and actual put down in a message what the inscription actually says.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Lhote’s round-headed denizens of the Red Planet were depicted by the primitive cave artists as wearing suits strongly reminiscent of those worn by our own astronauts on the Moon, down to the detail of the boots. Several hundred such drawings exist, scattered over many miles of desert: strange helmeted and figures with antennae, often floating in weightlessness as if the artist had been able to witness one of our modern space walks.

Source

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Howdy Warrenb

So your opinionf people making fake claims, taking things out of context, misrepresenting evidence and basically hiding what they don't want others to know - just to support their own limited view point is okay?

That seems to be an odd position to take - why do you do that?

You should be asking Sky why he won't be intellectually honest with us.

Aren't you interested to know what Sky is trying soard to hide from the readers?

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   

A ‘Mayan rocket’ (according to Erich von Däniken).

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

I already know the answer - as does Sky, the issue is why he is presenting the data out of context and when challenged he refuses to acknowledge this.

Why listen to or trust someone who deliberately distorts evidence to hide information?

Why do you support such actions by Sky? Skyfloating is an enormously talented and intelligent guy, an excellent writer - but he has one glaring flaw. He tailors the information he presents to the public by censoring it to promote his view of reality.

When I find him doing that, I go back to the Motto of ATS, "deny ignorance"........

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Further reading for those interested

My favorite is The Lost Civilization of Lemuria, by Frank Joseph.
He does amazing research and provides information that is fresh and new.
For example, he provides incredible details about the Philippine agricultural food terraces. To this day no-one knows who or how they were built. But they could feed millions. He also discusses Nan Madol (in the Pacific) and its strange history amongst other topics. Very good book.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Ah it would seem Sky has flown the coop

Here is the answer that Sky wouldn't give you.

The famous "helicopter" inscription is part of a larger inscription

“In the photos, we clearly see "Who repulses the Nine Bows," which figures in some of the Two-Ladies names of Seti I, replaced by "Who protects Egypt and overthrows the foreign countries," a Two-Ladies name of Ramesses II. With some of the plaster that once covered Seti I's titulary now ..”

“The "Nine Bows" refers to the _nine traditional enemies of Egypt_, so an alternate (though not literal) translation of the phrase is: "Who repulses the Nine [Enemies of Egypt]…

The original article

Now why would Sky not post this? Because it doesn't support his world view. Some people are comfortable with withholding information. I believe in giving ALL the information out and letting intelligent people make up their own minds. I do not support censoring information and trying to fool people into believing something I want them to believe by distoring information.

I always recommend reading Sky well written posts, just take what he writes with a piece of salt, a piece the size of Gibraltar in some cases!

Hans

[edit on 4/12/08 by Hanslune]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Ms. Katherine Griffis-Greenberg, from the University of Alabama at Birmingham (USA) has provided the following information: “In the photos, we clearly see "Who repulses the Nine Bows,"

Hilarious. Thats sure going to make me change my position on them

I agree, Skyfloating. That is hilarious. It is laughable that someone would actually translate the hieroglyphs and provide an answer other than "it's helicopters, tanks, and submarines!"

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
But but....Sky was only giving part of the inscription and that was out of context.......

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

We already know what the inscription is. You think this is the first time we see it and you think that you are presenting something new or that you are doing anyone a favor with your posts?

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb
bugger off
your not contributing anything of interest or intellect to the thread

He has every right to be here, give his opinion and ask questions, even if it is opinions you do not like or questions you do not want asked. This is a forum for discussion, not an echo-chamber. If you find an alternative viewpoint so offensive, a liberal use of the ignore button is in order; that way will only have to see the opinions you agree with.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Then why didn't you post it?

Isn't it nice to see the panel amongst the other panels in which it is a part?

Sorry Dudes I must rush off. You are all invited to the Lost Civilizations forum at ATS where I normally post. I came here quite by accident.

Seeya

[edit on 4/12/08 by Hanslune]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   

We already know what the inscription is. You think this is the first time we see it and you think that you are presenting something new or that you are doing anyone a favor with your posts?

The point was not that we've seen the inscription already. The point was that it was claimed there is no translation, when in fact there is a translation, and this fact has been ignored in effort to build a case.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

It doesn't contribute anything to the point of the thread and makes it a real mess for those who actually find the topic of interest. It's a shame that this happens.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   

It doesn't contribute anything to the point of the thread and makes it a real mess for those who actually find the topic of interest. It's a shame that this happens.

Actually, he is making a very important contribution to the thread. All the information is not being provided, and in this case, either twisted or outright ignored.

By the way, I hate you. Every time I see your name, I think "Warren G." and get "Regulators" stuck in my head.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Thanks for the thread. Very intriguing information.

Hope you don't mind if I spout off a couple of relating quotes on "lost" civilizations:

"History is fables agreed upon." - Voltaire

"Who controls the past controls the future: who controls the present controls the past." - George Orwell

"History, is made up of the bad actions of extraordinary men and woman. All the most noted destroyers and deceivers of our species, all the founders of arbitrary governments and false religions have been extraordinary people; and nine tenths of the calamities that have befallen the human race had no other origin than the union of high intelligence with low desires." - Thomas B. Macaulay

"Never forget the importance of history. To know nothing of what happened before you took your place on Earth, is to remain a child for ever and ever." - Unknown

And my favorite:

"History is more or less bunk." - Henry Ford

And might I point out that it was only after Henry Ford had been taken in by the industrial elites of the world as one of their own that he was quoted as saying,
"It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning." This, to me, initiates questions of conspiracy among the inner circles of elites (think Bilderburg or CFR - these are not new cliques - maybe in name, but the ideas which they support have existed as long as recorded history) and only validates the "bunk history" quote, in my mind.

There is a lot that has happened to this planet in it's 4.5 billion years. We only have a detailed comprehension of the last 3,000 – 4,000 years and extremely vague recollection of the previous 10,000 - though, archeology has produced evidence of intelligent humankind as far back as 250,000 years.

To have an Earth that is 4.5 BILLION years old and a species that is (by some estimates) 250,000 years old (that's not including species that existed before Homo sapien) and only have a recorded history of 2,000 years is, in my opinion, questionable.

"History is written by the victors." - Winston Churchill

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
This is a great topic, highly debated with many opinions on either side. In my personal opinion, I believe that it is human nature to constantly explain what is unexplainable. People have a tendancy to use religion as a comfortable cushion because it's impossible to know what there really is after death and whether or not there is a heavy or hell or even an afterlife.

The feeling of knowing where you are going to be is much better than not knowing. For example, children who live in warzones fall asleep not knowing what will happen to them when they wake up or even if they will ever wake up; knowing that they will wake up to see another day is all they could ever hope for.

It is the same with religion--people want to know what is going to happen to them after they die; people want to know why they should live their lives; people need a sense of structure that will keep the world from falling into chaos.

Who is to say that all the religious texts in the world aren't merely works of fiction written by scholars who understood the need for order and gave people a set of goals to live by? And who is to say that these scholars used ficitional or highly exaggerated stories to demonstrate the devastating nature of human chaos? And perhaps these works are based upon factual and very explainable events.

In any regard, that is my personal take on religion and the human need to constantly explain things which in fact lead to the skewing of factual and even realistic events.

-Koifish from the sacred pond

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
reply to post by warrenb

Howdy Warrenb

So your opinionf people making fake claims, taking things out of context, misrepresenting evidence and basically hiding what they don't want others to know - just to support their own limited view point is okay?

You have just summed up the mainstream view and attitude to the AAT BEAUTIFULLY! ... lol ... how delicious!.. hehe

@ Skyfloating. Congrats on another superb thread. A great read

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join