It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Extraterrestrials

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
It was fun reading the whole thread and I enjoyed it.
Hopefully in the next few hundred year we will have the technology to travel faster than the speed of light and we can travel few thousand light years away from earth and observe the planet. If we can see pyramids are there, it will confirm they are much older. Maybe we can even see it being built. I think it's possible to do
edit on 20-7-2011 by koolindian because: Spelling

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
it is human make it?

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Ancient Aliens - The show on History channel kicks off season 3 July 28th for anyone interested. It will have 15 episodes this season.

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by NavalFC

Not possible. Just because some TV show runs a special and calls it debunked, does not make it so. there are still insufficient facts to back up either theory. Electro-plating metal, which is what most debunkers claim the baghdad battery is used for, is not a technique to easily arrive at for an egyptian metalsmith. Knowledege of chemical properties, reactions and electical understanding would presumably have to come first. Which leads to the question how did they arrive at and what led these people to use these processes for the applications even debunkers claim them to be. I just think using mythbusters as your basis to claim that the theory has been debunked is a little reckless. If you choose to not believe or open your mind to the possibily that is quite alright, but dont use ridiculous rating driven tv shows as evidence to support your claims.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by FarAndFewBetween

As opposed to creating an entire thread out of a demonstrably false television crockumentary like Ancient Aliens?

Harte

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte
reply to post by FarAndFewBetween

As opposed to creating an entire thread out of a demonstrably false television crockumentary like Ancient Aliens?

Harte

Bill Lyne dabbled in ancient writings and artifacts after the likes of Dr. Fell and found
nothing to support anything other than human activity. Very engrossing human history
in ancient times. He had started out on the man made UFO ship theory that butted
up against the ET theories and definitely any ancient alien dialogues. Well he hands
a copy of his book to the owner of an area he did research at and is later banned
from the range. As time passes he finds people waiting for occasional UFOs to pass
bye but pays no attention. Years later he see for himself with no crowds around that
indeed unknown ships fly to that location at night. Lyne surmises that the risk of him
finding evidence of ship landing was the reason for his being banned. I think he did a
better with his man made UFO history than his man made ancient history any way
especially when ancient aliens seem more important to the people of Earth. Who
needs to know what humans do or did on Earth, its better to make up fantasies.

edit on 8/30/2011 by TeslaandLyne because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne
Bill Lyne dabbled in ancient writings and artifacts after the likes of Dr. Fell and found
nothing to support anything other than human activity. Very engrossing human history
in ancient times. He had started out on the man made UFO ship theory that butted
up against the ET theories and definitely any ancient alien dialogues. Well he hands
a copy of his book to the owner of an area he did research at and is later banned
from the range. As time passes he finds people waiting for occasional UFOs to pass
bye but pays no attention. Years later he see for himself with no crowds around that
indeed unknown ships fly to that location at night. Lyne surmises that the risk of him
finding evidence of ship landing was the reason for his being banned. I think he did a
better with his man made UFO history than his man made ancient history any way
especially when ancient aliens seem more important to the people of Earth. Who
needs to know what humans do or did on Earth, its better to make up fantasies.

Lyne, eh?

The Pogue carburetor was tested in 1935. A V-8 Ford coupe, driven from Winnipeg, Manitoba to Vancouver, B.C. Canada, got 130 miles per gallon. The government grabbed the carburetor and put it on the Sherman Tank, as WW II began. The tanks got 70 miles per gallon. [pdf] Occult Science Dictatorship: The Official State Science Religion and How to Get Excommunicated by William Lyne

The above is a flat-out lie.

Thanks, but no thanks. I prefer serious researchers, not fantasists.

Harte

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Probably not his research.
He tosses out a lot for you to say nay.
As far as ancient ETs still landing on the same camping grounds
in New Mexico I think not and no fantasy.

ED: I think I mentioned that carburetor early on in my post years at ATS.
Guess that left a bad impression. I think he goes in to Holly carburetors
and vapor action that is lacking now with gasoline having so much water
we sort have lost the advantage. So fantasy we know it can't be real.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

www.google.com...
and
www.google.com...

snopes.com: Miracle Carburetor www.snopes.com/autos/business/carburetor.asp Mar 12, 2011 – The Pogue carburetor was touted as getting 200+ miles to the gallon. Glowing reports about this miracle of ingenuity's making a 1879 mile trip ...

and strangely:

Sepp Hasslberger: Pogue Carburetor, 'Gasoline Vapor Maker ... blog.hasslberger.com/2007/.../pogue_carburetor_gasoline_vapo.ht... - Cached Apr 14, 2007 – C.N. Pogue, the inventor, supplies his carburetor with two mixing chambers instead of one. The gasoline is vaporized in the primary chamber ... ►

Remember running on water and hydrogen injection or perhaps why Henry Ford took
the Tesla ignition coil out of the Model T as cars ran well on the hot spark.
Any carburetor runs real well with a Tesla coil doing the work.
Sure its a Big Lie on all these carburetor performances because the Tesla coil
is doing all the work.

ED: During the recent running on water era on youtube you always had the
Tesla coil being pointed out.
ED+:
video.google.com...
a lot of Tesla coils, no fuel, Nobel gases, makes a vacuum engine
edit on 9/4/2011 by TeslaandLyne because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I'm going back all the way to the OP's argument...

Originally posted by Skyfloating
...The general publics resistance against the Ancient Astronaut Theory derives from the fact that it appears to contradict two very fundamental pillars of societies belief-systems:

* Religious Creationism
* Darwinist Evolution Theory

Those in no way describe my resistance to the idea. My resistance to believing in ancient astronauts is all about that there is no real evidence to indicate they ever existed. Plus I know that early humans were exactly like we are, and I know that we humans (humans today AND early humans) can achieve great things through using our brains. THEREFORE, I see no need to use the "ancient astronaut" idea to explain developments in human civilization.

Early Egyptians, and for that matter, the human species over the past 100,000+ years were exactly like us physiologically. They were homo sapiens, just like us, which means they had the exact same brain we do and the same capacity for learning, creating, and problem solving. This fact is hugely misunderstood or under-appreciated by those who think early humans needed alien help.

I suppose if someone wants to believe that ancient humans were dumb useless idiots who needed aliens to set them on the path to civilization, then maybe that person would be likely to believe in ancient astronauts. However, early humans were not dumb -- they were as intelligent as we are. We may have more knowledge than the Egyptians or the Incas or the Assyrians, but they had the same ability to understand and solve problems as we do, because their brains are like ours. They didn't need the help of ancient astronauts to achieve the things they achieved.

For example, people LOVE to talk about the Pyramids when attempting to prove the idea of alien technology used by early human civilization. However, if aliens helped build the Pyramids, then why do we have over 1000 years over steady progression in pyramid technology -- slowly progressing from:

- small mounds
to
- small stone tombs (made from stone slabs)
to
- mastabas (mound-like, but made of stone units, such as blocks)
to
- stacked mastabas
to
multi-level stacked mastabas
to
- stepped Pyramids (which is basically a stacked mastata)
to
- small smooth pyramids

...all leading slowly but surely to:

- The Great Pyramid.

We can see over the 1000+ years of Egyptian architecture where their idea for a pyramid and most of their construction techniques came from.

Granted, there may be a few construction details that are still unknown, but it is very likely that the Egyptians had a few clever techniques of their own (developed over over their 1000s of years of building experience) that have since been lost to history....

...I mean, they were just as smart as we are, so I don't find it hard to believe they could have created some very clever building techniques.

If ancient astronauts were responsible for the construction of the Great Pyramid, then why do we see this slow progression in architectural ideas and construction techniques required to build the Great Pyramid? There was no unexplainable "quantum leap" in pyramid building. The historical record of Egyptian architecture is quite clear.

The same could be said for Stonehenge, the Moai, the Antikythera mechanism, etc. -- or even earlier and more important steps towards civilization, such as the development of farming and animal domestication. All of these developments are not impossible for early humans to do without help from ETs because -- and it bears repeating -- early humans were equally as intelligent as we are and had the same capacity to solve problems an create clever solutions to their tasks at hand, plus had the mental ability to do and build great things.

edit on 9/4/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I would like to entertain the thought that the Ancient Alien theory is completely plausible. We see it in today's anthropological evidence called "pilot society" where primitive tribes in the south pacific worshiped and mimicked the WW2 planes when they were stationed on their islands. So groups even built air plane replicas out of thatch and wood. What the movie "the gods must be crazy" and you will see what I mean.

www.imdb.com...

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MorganFloridaMUFON

I'm not saying it is "impossible" that ETs visited the Earth in the past (i.e., I suppose it is certainly plausible), but what I'm saying in my post above is that there is no reason to believe that it ever happened. I don't see any reason that human civilization and past human achievements (such as the pyramids) necessarily needed any help from aliens.

Of course I can't prove that aliens didn't come to visit while -- say for example -- the Egyptians were building the Great Pyramid, but I do NOT think there is any reason to believe that aliens were definitely there, either.

edit on 9/4/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I disagree with the De evolution theory......... I agree there was better science and knowledge......... but it was lost due to social unrest....... and whenever there is talk about medieval era science...... why is only Europe considered......??? at the time when Dark ages ruled Europe..... Arabs made a Mechanical Computer....... Inca where developing/Creating corn........... why do we ignore those things.............??

Have fun....... Peace........
Primus

posted on Oct, 3 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
I have another Theory about Humans and Ancient Alien astronauts........

I believe there were ancient Alien astronauts.......... they visited us.......... they even intervened with our development........... but not in the positive way.......... what if they visited us to control........... us.... what if they saw something in young newly born Sentient species on Earth......... maybe a threat to them...........

Maybe We were developing technologically too fast....... Maybe we showed many powers like (Telepathic,Telekinetic, etc.) that made them fear us............. i have many circumstantial proofs that human are way more powerful beings than they are at the moment........ I think i know how they have intervened............ They intervened Through 'VIRUS'......... i believe virus is root to many of our problems.......... When i will be allowed i will post a thread about it................

It is my observation Technological of any civilization is - Directly proportional to the Size of the Civilization
- Directly proportional to the Higher Density of population

So during the middlle ages after the fall of roman and Greek empires.......... Europe had very relatively small nations.........

I will post a thread to about technological growth............

So, my point here is THERE WERE ANCIENT ALIEN ASTRONAUTS AND THEY DID INTERVENE BUT NOT IN A POSITIVE WAY...................

Have Fun....... Peace........
Primus

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

How can the Ancient Aliens concept be going against Religious Creationism and Darwinist Evolution when it is actually supporting both? It is telling us that there IS evolution and yet there WAS a Creation event. Ironic as it is, the Creation of Man [by Ancient Alien scientist] is the Missing Link that evolution has always sought.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

This is old news in the AA theory so you should already know this. We don't have steady progression in pyramid technology. You are looking at it backwards. The Giza pyramids were there first. Later pyramids were built in emulation of them. Most likely on sites deemed prudent by the ancients.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Probably already posted but anyways.

The photo was apparently taken back in 1972 by an archeology team from the University of Illinois while visiting a private musem in Arequipa, Peru.

www.mysterycasebook.com...

Found in a pyramid in Egypt:

edit on 19-10-2012 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Why do skeptics even bother to post in an area that they do not enjoy? Do they really think they will change peoples minds? Do they really think they will make the subject go away? What a waste of their time.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Originally posted by spiritualarchitect

I guess I'm a skeptic. I haven't fully embraced that yet.

Why do skeptics even bother to post in an area that they do not enjoy?

skeptics are really just miserable people and don't enjoy anything...so why not post here?

Do they really think they will change peoples minds?

absolutely not.

Do they really think they will make the subject go away?

yes.

What a waste of their time.

...and talking about mythical beings as if they are real is not?

edit on 19-10-2012 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ZetaRediculian

Myths are an excuse made by atheist to explain away history they cannot fathom.

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38 >>

join