It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Extraterrestrials

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Daniken finally made another one of his books available in English. Title: "History is Wrong". I recommend it along with the book "Tayos Gold" by Stan Hall if you wish to read about how the "Metal Library Hoax"...is not a hoax afterall.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
don't know if it's been posted here before. I lost track of this thread awhile ago and just trying to get caught up. Anyway I was reading the thread " The Egyptian Pyramids are a Warning" and found a link to this site you all might want to check out. it's www.thehiddenrecords.com. Pretty interesting research by an archeoastronomer.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by missvicky
from www.thehiddenrecords.com... "A message encoded in all pyramid layouts worldwide reveal the unthinkable"...

can you or someone explain this? I can't find any info on this site and varying data on google.

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I like that finding in the pyramid..

I have seen acouple of Debunk attempts, and , Muhuhu just and attempt to hide more history..

Why do they take some thing that looks like something and makes sence, and twist it into some thing that makes no sence at all ?
Well, that is science for you !!!! Hiding history..

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChemBreather
Why do they take some thing that looks like something and makes sense, and twist it into some thing that makes no sence at all ?
Well, that is science for you !!!! Hiding history

Ive been starting to think that maybe they are not hiding history but actually not yet intelligent enough to understand it...as troubling as that sounds.

[edit on 3-9-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by NavalFC

DEBUNKING AAT NONSENSE: RETURN OF THE SKEPTIC

This time folks I bing you tidings, tidings of a youtube video!

www.youtube.com...

Watch and enjoy

This video is a joke.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex

Originally posted by cosmicpixie

1. A site showing a temple engraving in the tomb of Ptah-Hotep which rather clearly portrays what looks like an alien. Also on this site ancient engravings of what is clearly a helicopter along with several other modern-day looking flying vehicles

Cosmic Egypt

Actually, it does not clearly show anything. That particular photo is not of very good quality, and the image is not clear. Much like other phenomenon in the UFO world, an unclear picture leads to a false interpretation.

It is actually a lotus-plant. This website has a much clearer picture.
If you still want to believe it is an alien, I suppose you could go out on a limb and say it kind of looks like a member Lovecraft's Great Race of Yith or maybe an "Elder Thing".

I've brought it up before, but I implore anyone interested in the paleo-contact hypothesis to read Cult of Alien Gods. The author shows that not only did Lovecraft influence modern sci-fi and horror, but traces the origins of the paleo-contact hypothesis back to him.

The hieroglyphs "clearly" showing helicopters and other flying craft don't actually show them. Egyptologists know what they are, and even what they say ("The one of the Two Ladies, who suppresses the nine foreign countries."). Those images are a result of erosion and an author inscribing multiple hieroglyphs on top of each other. It is a result of pareidolia and coincidence they appear, somewhat roughly, to resemble flying machines.

Just for you re information Lovecraft was a free mason, of his true name wasn t Lovecraft but he was indeed a freemason. And a lot of Free mason were Sci fi and Fantasy Writers

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ray Amuro
Just for you re information Lovecraft was a free mason, of his true name wasn t Lovecraft but he was indeed a freemason. And a lot of Free mason were Sci fi and Fantasy Writers

Neither HP Lovecraft or his father were Freemasons... His grandfather was:

There is no evidence to indicate that either Lovecraft or his father were freemasons. His grandfather however—a one-time school teacher, mill owner, real estate salesman and later president of the Owyhee Land & Irrigation Co.—was an active freemason, and was a founding member of Ionic Lodge No. 28 in Greene, Rhode Island in 1870.

www.freemasonry.bcy.ca...

Just as an FYI.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   
It never fails to amaze me how easily people accept whatever debunking off hand comment made by a random expert or non-expert they are given. Considering how much in the zeitgeist of the media concerning the Will Smith Men in Black movie and their "flashy thing" that allows them to entrance the population en masse and force them to believe whatever bs story they're fed about how that was actually light reflecting off swamp gas. We titter, and laugh, and then get presented by a theory that presents a serious problem - it makes a lot of sense, and that presents a problem. None of us likes having to change our entire beliefs from the ground up. It requires a lot of work, and a lot of soul searching, as everything has to be adjusted to take on the new information.

So even though we see Will Smith and his flashy thing excuse, and even though we see scientists and experts in the field in television shows and movies being manipulated by threats of funding cuts and loss of reputation to lie to the public, we do not question how the experts can be sure that it really is a palmrest and not a helicopter. They came to that determination the same number of years after the event, and with the same available date. Any debunk is nothing more than another interpretation of the evidence. It's not like these debunkers are bringing the answer book out with them, it's just light reflected off swamp gas.

Now, could you all stand around me and look at this oddly phallic shiny thing I'm holding. Dammit, where are my sunglasses?

[edit on 24-10-2009 by TheIrvy]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

So how are they not hieroglyphs Sky?

Here is a question, were the panels translated in the 19th century? Yes
or no? If they were how could they have been if they weren't hieroglyphs? Since those poor Egyptologists wouldn't have known what those odd shapes were, why did they translate them as Egyptian, how could they?

Again your ignore the context of the panel, again what does the panel -which is in hieroglyphs, to the left of your panel say? What does the panel to the right, which is in hieroglyphs, say? Do you notice that the flow of the message is..broken, its like something is missing, oh wait if you add in your panel the message makes perfect sense

Why is that Sky?

I look forward to the creative way you will avoid answering these questions. LOL

Oh by the way Sky what is the date of the Abydos panel - what does that date tell you?

Given the Indian texts are littered with vivid and technical descriptions of advanced flying vehicles, it's hardly unlikely the Egyptians knew, saw or heard about them.

What you are referring to is a well known fake translation made in the 1920s

[edit on 4/12/08 by Hanslune]

19 th century "Egyptologists" were all Free Masons, they covered up everything... Try to open yourself to this reality and you will see the truth!

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   

thegrayone: Archaeologists say that this is due to ancients poor art- and drawing skills (2-dimensional). So to debunk that debunk we'd have to find ancient egyptian depictions of face profiles that show a difference to humans. As for the elongated skulls: There's no denying that thats odd.

So we're assuming that although these people could perform precision measurements, they couldn't draw very well. My guess is the real art was stolen, they as a culture were smarter than us and the elite dumbed us down so we don't intellectualize for ourselves anymore. They couldn't draw my a$%!!!

[edit on 28-10-2009 by PhyberDragon]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Some replies jon123: My understanding is that the Mormon books have some passages that are reminiscent of the Ancient Astronaut Theory. I havent read them, but thats what Ive been told by Mormons.

As a Mormon I can tell you that, yes, the theory is not against the teachings of the Temple. Since, in fact, the Book of Mormon clearly describes Jesus bringing many of the peoples from the Old World to the Americas by way of submarine, which a submarine is what I believe I saw depicted on your Egyptian beam hieroglyphics for Osiris. That and I am a former Submariner so I personally find the connections entertaining. Lets not forget that ancient submarines could easily have been UFO's, after all, there are countless stories of Light wheels and submergent UFO's. My father first introduced me to the concept of the Lord being either aliens or Time Traveller's. He says I should look to Time Traveller's before ascribing beyond this planet though. The Book of Isaiah in the BIBLE is a great starting point. And let's not forget the BIBLE in all it's it's translations through time has been very clear that Moses went up "into" and not "onto" Mt Sinai, what if the UFO didbn't land on MT Sinai, but rather, Mt Sinai was the UFO. Just a thought. Would explain why it's so hard to pinpoint it's exact location.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by NavalFC

your right skyfloating, there is no way humans could ever ever make up such a story. the only reasonable assumption left is aliens.
*sarcasm*

[edit on 4-12-2008 by NavalFC]

Your right it could have all been made up. But, where are all the skeptical writings from the same time period calling bullsh@#?

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheIrvy
we do not question how the experts can be sure that it really is a palmrest and not a helicopter.

It is not a palmrest, it is a palimpsest.

Honestly, though, do you really think the Egyptians built helicopters and jets? The Saqqara "bird" suggests that they may have known how to make gliders based on bird designs.
forgetomori.com...

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

So there's some heiroglyphic dialougue on either side of the pictures. Yippee!! There's comments attached to pictures in books too. Does that make the pictures part of the dialogue?

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Now, in fairness, there could be a plausible explanation. I don't personally believe this but I can imagine that if I were alive back then maybe we held a ceromony honouring our creation stories, where did the stories come from, well, one day a child asks mommy and daddy where they came from. Of course, mommy and daddy have no clue. So as they look at the natural world around them they tell their kid yarn after yarn of fiction like it was the real deal, course they didn't know lying was wrong. This kid tells his kids and twists a few things here or there, which leads us to our ceromony generations later. Our local celebs are dressed up in the finest costumes. This one guy represents the creative being that fell from the sky. So I draw his picture of him (or her) all decked out in their costume. And just like the stories I even embellish my picture some. Then of course when I write a little caption or byline up to describe my picture, I don't want to name the local celeb or even mention that they're the local celeb and ruin the whole vibe of the thing so I just write down what they're supposed to represent. Ages later, you find the picture and assuming you haven't totally deluded yourself into thinking you even know what I wrote if in fact you don't have a clue, but we'll suppose you read it right, you'd think they were the creative being from the sky that I drew and not people in costumes. You'd be half right. That is who they were pretending to be and so what I drew. And half wrong since the costume and the story were all made up to begin with. That my friends is why you can't always believe what's written beside a picture and sometimes you just can't trust the picture itself.
As for Gods and Aliens, by definition they are interchangeably one and the same being. YHWH is not of the Earth and therefore is extraterrestrial in origin. And evolution, I see where it's coming from, but, it will take more than bones at point A of development and bones at point B of development to call it a science. You need the bones of the stages in between, else it's as hoaky as any religion.
[edit on 29-10-2009 by PhyberDragon]

[edit on 29-10-2009 by PhyberDragon]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Dinwiddy

Why do these people always insist that this is scary stuff or that boggles the mind or that people just couldn't accept it or that it would shatter their faith. Where do these people live? Most people I've met, myself especially, couldn't give two sh@#'s less whether there were aliens or Gods combing our skies and if we saw one tomorrow, whoopty f@#$ing-do. The only people anal attentive enough to be thrown off their rockers are the same idiot experts who write the crap.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by lifeform

Umm, the BIBLE is written for book sales, so is the Talmud, and the Koran. Sure they may be distributed freely, but, others with an agenda to draw you into the the business of their church in an effort to extoll fees from you in the form of collections are footing the bill. Otherwise they wouldn't be printed as no publishing company will print them for free. So they clearly must be disinfo because they were written purely to sell books, letter by letter. Thanks for clearing that up Anti72

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by spacevisitor

If people struggle with the idea of whether aliens are real while the aliens are in fact visiting their planet, could not be assumed that people struggled with whether a GOD or GOD's existed even as that GOD was visitng them? The BIBLE certainly makes a case for this, how many times did the Lord (singular or plural I don't care which) have to appear to them and many still skeptical walked away.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Fastwalker81

There are some inconsistencies in the video I think, like Egypt being the first known civ to mankind. I thought this was Sumer..

I hear that alot, too. But, this is usually by the same people that admit that Tibet predates Sumer by 4000 years, even if we've still not been able to access their guarded records. But then that would mean that Tibet is the longest standing government in the world despite all that claims that all governments have risen and fallen up to modern times. Liars really should keep their lies straight. And I don't believe any expert or acadamian who recieves their funding from those who only contribute to like minded individuals. It sort of completely taints the rivers of history and science and religion and all that.

I don't care to investigate if UFO's are real, I'm more interested in catching one or building one for myself whether any government or group likes it. But, you never hear anyone talk about doing either of those things.

new topics

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join