It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Extraterrestrials

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I've been looking into the ancient astronaut concept for years and am a firm supporter of the "theory" now.

Here are a few sites worth visiting, most contain some very interesting pics, I don't know how to upload pics directly into threads, maybe someone here can select a few of the more intriguing ones and do so...

1. A site showing a temple engraving in the tomb of Ptah-Hotep which rather clearly portrays what looks like an alien. Also on this site ancient engravings of what is clearly a helicopter along with several other modern-day looking flying vehicles

Cosmic Egypt

2. Elaborating on the Ptah-Hotep /Osiris conection and discussing also the Egypt-Pyramid-UFO connection:

More about Egypt and the Extraterrestrial links

3. An assortment of very odd looking , very old skulls. The group of exceptionally elongated skulls are interesting as the shape corresponds exactly to the shape of the heads/skulls of certain Egyptian gods, as carved into ancient Egyptian tombs and temples.

Odd Skulls . Pictures and discussion and further links.

4. I've recently been reading into ancient Indian epics. There are dozens of ancient Indian texts describing their possession and use of technologically advanced airborne vehicles. There were whole flight manuals describing how they were made, how they operated, how the pilots should train , etc etc. There were great battles fought in these vehicles, sometimes out in space with an enemy they called THE SHALVA. According to wiki, the Shalva were the children of DITI and the sage KASHYAPA. They were a race of GIANTS who fought against the gods because they were jealous of their DEVA (half brothers, hybrids of the gods and early man). These DEVAS were also sometimes called ASURAS. This is a fascinating parallel to the ancient Sumerian tales of how the ANNUNAKI had a faction of "lesser gods" known as the IGIGI (translates as "the watchers"). These IGIGI staged a revolt against the higher annunaki gods due to getting fed up of being used for labour. They later got sexually involved with the newly created modern homo sapiens and created a race of hybrids, who were tall in size like they were ("the giants". These hybrids were also called NEPHILIM). But they then got jealous of the hybrids.
The Old Testament picks up on this story too while describing also the ongoing contention between the humans, the hybrids and the gods. The gods (annunaki) wanted to get rid of the giants/nephilim.

Anyway, here is a site summarising the ancient Indian - flying vehicle facts. There's a wealth of info on the subject if you google it.

Vimanas and Ancient India's advanced technology

That's probably enough for now.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 04:38 AM
link   

The above wings are most intriguing. They can be found as a symbol for many major corporations (Masonic): Chrysler, Mazda, etc... Mazda was a Zoroastrian god, I wonder how the name traversed to Japan.

This somewhat explains the above:

video.google.ca...

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Some replies

bringthelight: I actually forgot that line of evidence in the OP. "Stuff that suddenly appears" without thousands of evolutionary years. I`ll try digging some stuff up on it.

AnonymousATS (pg1): Sorry, cant open your pictures. I think I know which ones you mean though.

thegrayone: Archaeologists say that this is due to ancients poor art- and drawing skills (2-dimensional). So to debunk that debunk we'd have to find ancient egyptian depictions of face profiles that show a difference to humans. As for the elongated skulls: There's no denying that thats odd.

Nofretete, Ancient Egypt

Well-known OOPA

unknown known: Yes. Where are the records of the kings having built the pyramids?

zacharystaylor: I agree that Jacques Vallee may be closer to the truth than some of the ancient-astronaut authors mentioned. I intend to bring that up later.

jon123: My understanding is that the Mormon books have some passages that are reminiscent of the Ancient Astronaut Theory. I havent read them, but thats what Ive been told by Mormons.

neformore: Im really happy to see you post here that you entertain this possibility. Why? Because you're known to have a critical mind that doesnt buy into stuff that easily.

cosmicpixie: The ancient indian Mahabarata and Ramayana are indeed full of ancient star wars, flying aircraft, tales of Gods and Goddesses flying around in their aircraft, landing, fueling, firing, dying, mixing with humans, etc. Thanks for the links.

hotrice: Yes, thats a picture of the God Mazda in his flying craft. The Gods are never depicted as "Supreme Beings" but as quite human or humanoid.

[edit on 4-12-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

I dont know for certain, but it looks like those ancient astronauts, are still with us, unless this video is some type of dis info piece.

Interstellar is a film to be long remembered for generations to come. You are immediately made aware of the fact these things are in orbit in deep space yet not so far away. As you view this film, you might be surprised how many of them resemble things depicted in some of the more recent blockbuster feature films.
They look more like Egyptian art in some ways, to me.

The full movie can be purchased for 12.95 here interstellar-themovie.com...

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 05:03 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
This thread serves to summarize the "Ancient Astronaut Theory" (AAT), also called the "Paleocontact Theory" by scientists such as Carl Sagan.

Don't forget these ones:

(Oh hai, human-alien hybrids!)

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 05:38 AM
link   
continued from opening post

Some African Mythology

Here are some quotes from the mythology of various african tribes on the subject of "Gods" and "the Heavens". Take note that most languages still have the same word for "sky" and "heaven".This example list is only Africa, and within Africa, only a few tribes. Similar "Creation Myths" can be found on any other continent as well.

Common doctrine would have us believe that these "Creation Myths" are all "made up" fictional accounts. If that were so, why are the all nearly identical?

The Maasai:

The Gods sent some of their children to earth. They came from above the clouds and brought plants and animals with them.

The Jaluo (of east africa):

Apodho came down to earth accompanied by his wife, bringing with him all cultural assets.

The Madi-Moru:

The first people lived in the Heavens. Until that connection was cut, there was a lot of traffic from the Heavens to Earth.

The Ganda (of Lake Victoria):

The primal women came from the Heavens.

The Nyoro:

When God established the Earth, he sent the first human couple down from the Heavens.

The Kivu-Pygmies:

Our ancestors fell from the Heavens.

The Kuluwe:

The first humans came from the Sky, arriving with seed, rake, axe, tools etc.

The Bena-Lulua:

God sent four of his sons to earth.

The Ashanti:

Seven people created by God climbed down to earth. After conceiving other people, they returned to the Heavens.

The Ziba:

God Rugaba travels upwards to the heavens and then through the darkness.

The Nandi:

God Tororut lives in the heavens. He looks like a human but has wings that can cause lightning.

Sources:
1. Scheub: A Dictionary of African Mythology
2. Lynch: African Mythology A to Z

to be continued

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Ever consider that the pyramids were in fact resonance chambers to propel the priest or shaman into inner space and not outer space?
The entities the esoteric knowledge all may have come from the realms within through the induction of low frequency resonance from the pyramid and caverns beneath usually with music, chanting and psychedelics.
Sounds like a party to me.

Just a suggestion folks.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 06:04 AM
link   
continued from opening post

Exodus 19, At Mount Sinai

These biblical passages actually speak for themselves so I wont add my own comment here.

Then Moses went up to God, and the LORD called to him from the mountain and said...

... 'You yourselves have seen what I did to Egypt, and how I carried you on eagles' wings and brought you to myself

9 The LORD said to Moses, "I am going to come to you in a dense cloud, so that the people will hear me speaking with you and will always put their trust in you."

10 And the LORD said to Moses, "Go to the people and consecrate them today and tomorrow. Have them wash their clothes 11 and be ready by the third day, because on that day the LORD will come down on Mount Sinai in the sight of all the people. 12 Put limits for the people around the mountain and tell them, 'Be careful that you do not go up the mountain or touch the foot of it. Whoever touches the mountain shall surely be put to death. 13 He shall surely be stoned or shot with arrows; not a hand is to be laid on him. Whether man or animal, he shall not be permitted to live.' Only when the ram's horn sounds a long blast may they go up to the mountain."

16 On the morning of the third day there was thunder and lightning, with a thick cloud over the mountain, and a very loud trumpet blast. Everyone in the camp trembled. 17 Then Moses led the people out of the camp to meet with God, and they stood at the foot of the mountain. 18 Mount Sinai was covered with smoke, because the LORD descended on it in fire. The smoke billowed up from it like smoke from a furnace, the whole mountain trembled violently, 19 and the sound of the trumpet grew louder and louder. Then Moses spoke and the voice of God answered him. [c]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

your right skyfloating, there is no way humans could ever ever make up such a story. the only reasonable assumption left is aliens.
*sarcasm*

[edit on 4-12-2008 by NavalFC]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
This campaign resulted in more than half of Danikens books not even being published in English. This is significant, because they are

a) His later books, in which inconsistencies of his early works were removed and his theory improved

b) Books in which he offered rebuttals and counter-documentation to claims made in the press and by enemies.

One such infamous case was the "Debunkers" book published by Ronald Story in the late 70s. Many dont know that Daniken published an entire book refuting Ronald Story (German Title, translated: "Evidence")

I coincidentally found this book a few days ago in our library at home when looking for books of ancient civilizations. If somebody is interested in the book, I can scan the pictures and illustrations, or translate key parts, or translate requested passages. Just ask here or write me a U2U.

It doesn't only refute "Debunkers", it is written like a court law with Däniken as the main suspect to refute all major flaws in his theories, that the science community pointed out towards him (aka "debunked"). Here's my translation of the abstract of the book from its cover:

"Beweise" [eng. "Evidence"] is the most exciting and audacious book of bestseller author Erich von Däniken. You'll get answers to questions, which previously had to stay open, because the author first had to collect further evidence in a difficult and time-consuming search.

On this search, Däniken travelled across the world: He studied pertinent literature in the most renowned libraries. He interviewed scientists and technicians. In "Beweise", he presents the essence of these multi-annual efforts. "Beweise", written in the style of a fictious law suit which Däniken turns himself voluntarily in as the suspect, is a challenge - to the reader, to science, to the future.

Disclaimer: I just started to read the book and therefore can not yet review its credibility, though I'm as always skeptical of AAT and similar claims.

//EDIT: spelling/grammar in translation.

[edit on 4.12.2008 by SiONiX]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by SiONiX

Yes, please. If and when you do have the time, scan the most relevant debunks-of-debunks and post them

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Ok, since this is a running thread with links to sources alleging alien intervention in the past, I will Also do my own running thread within this thread called,

DEBUNKING THE AAT NONSENSE

First off on ur adventure, of debunking ancient alien myth is this:
www.csicop.org...

Egypt, the alien intervention, debunked!

and since skyfloating includes snippets Ill include one for this:
I spoke to several other Egyptologists who were amazed that this was being done on television, although one said to me that he expects this sort of thing now, "It is just what TV does." But what do the experts say about this "helicopter" glyph? This will serve as an example for all the rest: the "helicopter" is in fact the Abydos palimpsest. A palimpsest is what is created when new writing is inscribed over old. In the case of papyri, old ink is scraped off, but in the case of inscriptions, plaster is added over the old inscription and a new inscription is made. The image described as a helicopter is well known to be the names of Rameses inscribed over the names of his father (something Rameses was known to do quite frequently). A little bit of damage from time and weathering has furthered the illusion of a "helicopter."6 What we should ask is why no Egyptologists were questioned about this, something well known in the literature? As one of them said to me, "We don't live under rocks!" It would not have been hard to get an expert to clarify the meaning of the "helicopter"-they had several experts on camera already. Hawass is heard saying the claim of aliens coming from space and building the pyramids "is nuts," but he is never asked to comment on any specific details of the arguments being made. This is a very one-sided investigation. The people are not being fairly informed.

"
There you go!

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 06:23 AM
link   
continued from opening posts

More Biblical Passages hinting at God arriving from the sky with smoke and fire

7 The voice of the LORD strikes with flashes of lightning.
Psalm 29,7

3 and lays the beams of his upper chambers on their waters. He makes the clouds his chariot and rides on the wings of the wind. 4 He makes winds his messengers, [a] flames of fire his servants.
Psalm 104, 3-4

3 Look! The LORD is coming from his dwelling place; he comes down and treads the high places of the earth. 4 The mountains melt beneath him and the valleys split apart, like wax before the fire, like water rushing down a slope.
Micha 3-4

11 As they were walking along and talking together, suddenly a chariot of fire and horses of fire appeared and separated the two of them, and Elijah went up to heaven in a whirlwind. 12 Elisha saw this and cried out, "My father! My father! The chariots and horsemen of Israel!" And Elisha saw him no more. Then he took hold of his own clothes and tore them apart. 13 He picked up the cloak that had fallen from Elijah and went back and stood on the bank of the Jordan. 14 Then he took the cloak that had fallen from him and struck the water with it. "Where now is the LORD, the God of Elijah?" he asked. When he struck the water, it divided to the right and to the left, and he crossed over.
2.Kings 2, 11-13

25 Then there came a voice from above the expanse over their heads as they stood with lowered wings. 26 Above the expanse over their heads was what looked like a throne of sapphire, [f] and high above on the throne was a figure like that of a man. 27 I saw that from what appeared to be his waist up he looked like glowing metal, as if full of fire, and that from there down he looked like fire; and brilliant light surrounded him. 28 Like the appearance of a rainbow in the clouds on a rainy day, so was the radiance around him.
Ezekiel 1, 26-28

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Are you looking for something specific or could narrow down a little bit more what de-debunks you are looking for? That would be much easier for me, as the whole book is practically about debunking the major debunks of the science community, and presenting further evidence. I am not very familiar with the case, and therefore don't know which were the major flaws in his theory, so it is difficult to me what is relevant for you and what's not.

If you can't, I'll try to consider myself what is relevant and write a synopsis, but this could take some days until I am more familiar with the case.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by SiONiX

Lets make it easier on you. Scanning snippets out of a book is too much of a hassle to ask from fellow ATS-members. Once you're done with the book, write a synopsis. That would be great!

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Welcome to

Debunking the AAT nonsense, part 들!

www.debunker.com...

A article debunking a chunk of Danikens..."work"

and as promised, a snippet just as skyfloating is doing!
"Enough of Von Daniken's claims have, however, been examined to reveal his method of operations: to dazzle the reader with a skillful blend of half-truths (as well as quarter and eighth- truths, too). Looking into his past, (Ref: New York Times Book Review), we should not be too surprised to find that his rather broad criterion of truthfulness has, at times, brought him into conflict with the law. A court in his native Switzerland found Von Daniken guilty of embezzlement, forgery, and fraud, sentencing him to three and a half years in prison. While operating a Swiss hotel. it seems he fraudulently obtained money by misrepresenting his financial assets, this experience in deception later proving invaluable in his literary career. It was during this stay as a guest of the Swiss government that he wrote his second book, Gods from Outer Space, now also a best seller. "

This has been, debunking AAT nonsense, because Humans are not so stupid that they cant invent myths about flying people and religion on their own!

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 06:31 AM
link   

nothing on the crop modification? Im going to have to dig deep and find that info. I remember reading about it and thinking it was one of the most solid pieces of evidence supporting this theory.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by bringthelight

I dont have any of that. Dig it up if you can.

If not, I will, at a later time, because it sure sounds compelling.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 06:39 AM
link   
DEBUNKING AAT NONSENSE: RETURN OF THE SKEPTIC

This time folks I bing you tidings, tidings of a youtube video!

www.youtube.com...

Watch and enjoy

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join