It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Extraterrestrials

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by spacevisitor

Its an interesting read, but soon we'll want insider personell to actually provide their names when "coming out".

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Dont you think the "Gods" being referred to as living in other time-dimensions is a bit different than time flying in a greek brothel?

Come on, at least admit that its an interesting idea.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Interesting read sky, Cheers!

I've always found some of the ancient ET/UFO artwork to be some of the most compelling and believable of the ufo/alien "pictures" out there.
The fact that cultures and people, who supposedly never mixed, have some amazingly similar depictions of "gods" "aliens" and "flying machines" is remarkable.

a well constructed and thought out thread as always.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Perhaps interesting for some here.
A short but in my opinion interesting dialogue from Michael E. Salla with Richard C. Hoagland.
Could it really be possible that because India have started a mission to investigate the Moon, that in time, information will be released or leaked out that will confirm the by many people already claimed existence of ancient/recent ET/human artefacts there?

India's First Moon Mission and the Re-Discovery of Extraterrestrial Artifacts: A Dialogue with Richard C. Hoagland

M.S.: How do you anticipate NASA/DOD trying to influence what the Indians put up for the public on their future moon database?

R.H.: the Indian government signed a "memo of understanding" with NASA some years ago, over this Indian Moon Mission [ ]. As a result, there are a couple of NASA experiments flying on the Chandraayan mission, in addition to the Indian experiments, with JPL scientists involved. However, if the Indian government is planning to reveal "the good stuff," I don't believe NASA will hold much influence in their larger policy objectives. Again, it all depends on agreements much higher up "the food chain," and how much "change" Obama (and the folks behind him ...) REALLY are supporting ... in the run-up to 2012.

M.S.: Do you consider India as a possible contender for informing the world about artifacts on the moon through satellite imagery?

R.H.: Definitely, yes. The Indian Vedas preserve remarkable hints of the ancient, sweeping, high-tech history of all humanity -- from the distant era when both the Moon and Mars (and many other bodies in the solar system) were once inhabited ... by our own great, great, great ancestors. If there is to be "disclosure" of these long hidden truths, there would be no more fitting "messenger" than India ... if they are "allowed" to make them public by other geopolitical forces acting on them at this time. Obama's curious, public "singling out" of India's new Moon mission ... weeks before he was in any position to do anything about it ... is a very intriguing sign of what could happen in the coming months ....

Source; exopolitics.org...

Just a thought.
May this really happening one day, could information like that then being the starting point for our historians and archaeologists to reconsider there current views and theories about certain interesting artefacts and Ancient stone technology found and present here on Earth that don't fit the established pattern of prehistory but in fact indeed belonged and where build once by on Earth present advanced ET civilizations before any of the known ancient cultures came into being.

So far, for so many nothing more then a dream or fairy tale, but for me, is it nothing more then a matter of time.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by spacevisitor

India is one of the few countries where the "ancient astronaut theory" is more wideley accepted...even among government officials and the scientific establishment.

The reason for this is that their ancient texts are plastered with flying Gods, sex-having Gods, Gods from different planets, etc.

So I wouldnt be surprised if India leaks more than us.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
reply to post by Harte

Dont you think the "Gods" being referred to as living in other time-dimensions is a bit different than time flying in a greek brothel?

Come on, at least admit that its an interesting idea.

I didn't mean to imply it wasn't interesting.

I meant to imply that you are putting your own spin on stories that have no similarity to the concept of time dilation.

Harte

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   

The reason for this is that their ancient texts are plastered with flying Gods, sex-having Gods,

That last one is a religion I could glom onto!

Originally posted by Skyfloating Gods from different planets, etc.

So I wouldnt be surprised if India leaks more than us.

Please tell me which of India's pantheon were from other planets.

Harte

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

I`ll look up relevant passages from the Mahabarata someday and post them in this thread. Promise. I'll also add some Sex-with-the-Gods scenes.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 04:20 AM
link   

reply to post by Harte

I`ll look up relevant passages from the Mahabarata someday and post them in this thread. Promise. I'll also add some Sex-with-the-Gods scenes.

Does that mean, no more helicopters ?

This thread is amazing !!!

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 05:00 AM
link   
This is the Tomb of the mythical chinese emperor ShaoHao located at a town/place called Qufu. Its the only known stone-pyramid in China.

Whats odd about the Chinese name "Qufu" is that the ancient Egyptian Khufu is said to be the builder of the Great Pyramid of Giza (although there is not much evidence for this).

I stumbled upon the name-sync by change while surfing around for Pyramids in China.

Is this just a coincidence? Or did Chinese travellers copy the name from Egypt? Or is there a more mysterious and forgotten story behind this?

[edit on 16-12-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harte
[Please tell me which of India's pantheon were from other planets.

Harte

I have always enjoyed reading Harte's posts on this subject for MANY years now. However, to answer this one question I must say that, from my own study of the many different religions across this planet, that this is the one religion where your question/statement baffles me. I would think that you of all people here would know that the Hindu religion has a VAST number of deities. In essence, there are a limitless number of deities in the religion for any or all circumstances. So, I'm sure there will be some from the various planets in our system. It depends on the needs of the person who will end up praying to them.

Then again, I do not recall any actually being labeled as coming from any one or all of our planets in this solar system.

I always look to Harte and Byrd to at least keep this line of thought in order. Skepticism is healthy but the undying argument of "provide the hard evidence/facts" can interfere greatly with progress. It is obvious that you are both well versed in this subject.

I remember reading one of your explanations on the Vedas a LONG time ago. That no where in the document does it actually describe battles with flying machines and such. That it is a misinterpretation. I have yet to find anything definitive either way.

There is the "It's a misinterpretation" crowd and then there's the "what about the pictures that support the texts" crowd. It's an endless argument that unfortunately do to the human nature of destroying utterly that which we do not understand, we may never know the truth of. Thus, we must then begin to look at the 'evidence' as presented by the OP throughout the document. It's not absolute 'proof' but when you start to piece all of it together (well, the pieces that have not irrefutibly been debunked) you must at least begin to question the history of mankind as presented by, well, the historians. Does it mean that we have aliens visiting us? Well, there are many aspects to that line of thought.

Just felt like replying to a very respected skeptic of this subject.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by dariousg

Originally posted by Harte
[Please tell me which of India's pantheon were from other planets.

Harte

I have always enjoyed reading Harte's posts on this subject for MANY years now. However, to answer this one question I must say that, from my own study of the many different religions across this planet, that this is the one religion where your question/statement baffles me. I would think that you of all people here would know that the Hindu religion has a VAST number of deities. In essence, there are a limitless number of deities in the religion for any or all circumstances. So, I'm sure there will be some from the various planets in our system. It depends on the needs of the person who will end up praying to them.

Then again, I do not recall any actually being labeled as coming from any one or all of our planets in this solar system.

Many thanks for what you posted, Darious.

Like you, I don't recall any Hindu Gods being from another planet, which is (of course) why I asked.

In fact,. I'm not aware of the Hindus even knowing that other planets are places one actually could "be from."

I'm certain, however, that a cursory google search will turn up some whacko nutjob website that claims this.

I would prefer some textual reference from any of the multitude of Vedas attesting to this alien origin of any of these gods.

I seem to recall that the majority of the Hindu Pantheon were incarnations (avatars) of Vishnu.

So, since many were Vishnu reborn, if Vishnu is from around here, these others would be as well.

I remember reading one of your explanations on the Vedas a LONG time ago. That no where in the document does it actually describe battles with flying machines and such. That it is a misinterpretation. I have yet to find anything definitive either way.

You are misremembering then. The Vedas actually do describe such battles. However, there is one particular quote (used by David Hatcher Childress to bolster his ancient nuclear war claim) that is attributed to the Mahabharata that appears nowhere in any Vedic work.

It's that particular information that you are most likely remembering.

Thus, we must then begin to look at the 'evidence' as presented by the OP throughout the document. It's not absolute 'proof' but when you start to piece all of it together (well, the pieces that have not irrefutibly been debunked) you must at least begin to question the history of mankind as presented by, well, the historians. Does it mean that we have aliens visiting us? Well, there are many aspects to that line of thought.

My personal opinion is that there exists no evidence to indicate any ancient alien visitation. All evidence presented is quite easily explained away using mundane means.

As I said earlier though, that doesn't mean aliens never visited the Earth in ancient times. Just that if they did (assuming they exist at all and can even get here) we have no real evidence of it.

Just felt like replying to a very respected skeptic of this subject.

It's very kind of you to say that Darious. I was considering leaving ATS for good after some of the things I've read here in the past two or three months.

Perhaps I'll stay a little longer.

Thank you.

Harte

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Very nice post dariousg.

Even if I dont like it, Hartes brand of skepticism is of course welcome on ATS. Without it we'd have not as much motivation to dig up all this stuff. Now it even looks like I'll have to review the Vedas because of him.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
The Ancient God Maui

Maui, Hawaii

When „Maui“ is mentioned we often associate it with laid back surfers basking in the sun of Hawaii’s second largest Island.

There is more to the name though. Few people know that Maui can be found at many different places than only Hawaii and that he was either an ancient God, an ancient wise man, an ancient culture-bearer, an ancient “sky god” or an ancient culture hero, depending on location and tradition.

Some of the places/peoples featuring Maui in their ancient texts are:

Hawaiian Mythology

Maori Mythology (New Zealand)

Mangarevan Mythology

Tahitian Mythology

Tongan Mythology

Samoan Mythology

These wikipedia sources quote from the scholary 1891 book“Maori-Polynesian Comparative Dictionary” by Edward Robert Tregear.

From the similarities of the Maui-Stories we can deduce that they all have common roots and that Maui must have been a very important figure to be held in memory for so long by so many now separate tribes.

This also makes it unlikely that the original motive of the Maui-legends were fiction. In comparing the various Maui-Mythologies one can see that in the way they contradict each other in some details, that the original story has been lost and some fiction added here and there but that they agree in some of the main details (such as Maui being a discoverer or bringer of the art of making fire).

Most interesting in context of the Gods = Extraterrestrials theory is that these myths, once again, not only resemble each other but most of the other God-Myths across the globe.

How can one overlook the common themes of culture-bearers coming from the sky, teaching various lessons and leaving again?

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Nazca Lines

I suspect the most important thing about this is that it shows organization and intelligence that isn't what you would expect from ancient civilizations. How would they know how to build this and how could they design it from the ground? What purpose could it serve? My leading theory about this is that it indicates cult activity. It doesn't serve a practical purpose for those that do it but the activity involved in building it is used as part of an indoctrinating process. they teach a limited set of skills to each person but not a rational purpose. It could be about controling people and using them for other purposes. The same goes for a lot of other ancient structures. the Nazca lines wouldn't be neccissary for a landing strip but the people may have believed it though.

The Baghdad battery could serve a similar purpose. It wasn't very strong so it wouldn't be something that the alins would have used they would hav e done much better. I don't even think it could power more than a light bulb.

Someone mentioned Hawaii. There is a mystery there involving how the people got there in the first place. The official story is that they rowed 2,000 miles without knowing which way they were going. This is a bit hard to believe so I put it on the list of unsolved mysteries.

I'm not saying Ancient Aliens have been proven it is still speculation; but there is a lot of evidence of many unsolved mysteries and I can't come up with better ideas.

For what it's worth a couple related strings include

MJ-12 where I speculate about why there is so much disinformation

107 Wonders of the Ancient world in the string and linked site I speculate more about cult activity.

Alien Motives

On another not there are a lot of posters on this string who aren't contributing just disrupting. They may not respect the discusion but the best way to deal with them is to ignore them IMO. They are behaving like little children if you give them attention they keep coming back.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Highly interesting thread Skyfloating.

I must admit that I have not read the whole thread yet, so I apologise if my question was already covered.

I saw a relatively old thread pop up on the first page of the boards this week and it caught my interest.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The above thread is about Project Isis and The Tomb Of The Visitor. Sci Fi channel did an episode on it which is not widely available on the Internet.

THE SECRET KGB UFO ABDUCTION FILES

There is not much info on the case exept for the documentary. I never heard of this case before, so I thought I'd ask about it in this thread as it fits in nicely with the topic of ancient ET.

Has this been proven a hoax?

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Fastwalker81

Interesting Vid. British TV seems to have followed up on some of the claims made.

Intelligence Agencies researching "fringe-science" is a historical fact. Think of the CIAs remote-viewing and '___'-mind-control experimentation.

The fact that modern Egyptology likes to cover-up new finds is also established: The KV-63 Conspiracy

[edit on 17-12-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Does anyone know if the following snippet from the Video just posted is true?

"Egypt accounted for 43% of the aid received by the Soviet Union for all third world nations".

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Intelligence Agencies researching "fringe-science" is a historical fact. Think of the CIAs remote-viewing and '___'-mind-control experimentation.

Yes its funny how these phenomenon are ridiculed by the mainstream media, governments and science yet the CIA and KGB have shown major interest in this.

The fact that modern Egyptology likes to cover-up new finds is also established: The KV-63 Conspiracy

Thanks for the link. It doesn't surprise me at all that Egypt is doing this.

In the thread I linked an alleged Egyptian official says:

"The truth is, almost every expert who has seen this mummy has concluded it's not of earthly origin," the source says. "There's a feeling this is an extraterrestrial who somehow ended up advising an Egyptian king. But everyone in the government is shying away from that conclusion because it backs up wacky New Age ideas that the ancient Egyptians had help from space aliens in building their extraordinary civilization. The Egyptians refuse to believe their heritage came from outer space"

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Fastwalker81

Im still watching your Video with ocassional breaks. I`ll have to look up some other data referencing the alien reportedly discovered by the KGB before I buy into it. But its interesting enough to follow up on.

I do understand how these "Egyptians" (muslims...which, spiritually, have nothing to do with ancient egyptians) wouldnt want to accept alien heritage.

Religion is the #1 reason this stuff is still being suppressed. Even if the Catholic Pope is very, very, very slowly trying to admit to ETs in some of his speeches....there is a fear of finding out too much about oneself and the vastness of the universe.

[edit on 17-12-2008 by Skyfloating]

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join