It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Extraterrestrials

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

that and the fact that the guy started off working FOR NASA

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TheGreensGoblin

Oh come on mate.... I see that stuff in nature every bloody day. hell go to mountains and they are all shaped like stars and naturally form into pyramids too. I went for a trip on Mars and saw a perfectly formed (by nature mind you and light) a face, down to the very detail of nasal proportion to eye sockets. You cannot put that off as man or alien made.... LMFAO

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by stanlee
reply to post by mystiq

that and the fact that the guy started off working FOR NASA

If your talking about Hoagland, I'm aware that he claims to be a former NASA consultant, not an employee but a consultant.

I have my doubts about this though, given the other lies he's told about his past.

And even if it's technically true, what does it mean?

A janitor working for 3M could claim the same, since 3M has been in the past a contractor for NASA.

Harte

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Genetic Engineering

My thread Serapis - genetically engineered Hybrid? shows how ancient historians not only report on the "Gods" creating hybrids but also depicted them all over the place.

There isn't any "ancient historian" reporting on "Gods creating hybrids."

Just saying there is does not make it so.

Care to contradict me with a source?

Time Dilitation

We know of Time-Dilitation when travelling at extreme speeds from Einstein. Many hundred ancient accounts knew of it too, apparently. Only a few examples:

* For Vishnu (Hindu God) a human lifetime went by “in the blink of an eye”.

* The mythical Chinese Kings were “heavenly rulers” that flew around in “Firey Dragons” and lived 18 000 years. Their first ruler, P`an Ku flew around the universe for 2229000 earth years.

* According to the Bible in the Hands of God “all becomes one time and t wo times and half a time”. From the Psalms: “A thousand years are for you like one day”.

* The ancient Japanese text Tango-Fudoki talks about an “island child” being abducted by a flying ship, taken to the Pleijades for a short trip. But opon his retrun to earth, 300 years have passed. On a side-note: Legends of Eskimos speak of “flying houses” that people had “a long time ago”. Other legends speak of machines that cleaned up the snow automatically. (Source: F. Peters / The Book of the Eskimos). Legend also has it that the Eskimos arrived in the arctic north by “giant iron birds”.

Which of the above is supposed to be a description of time dilation? (not dilitation.)

If you are gonna call these time dilation, then I've undergone this myself, without any high speeds.

Nowadays it seems like the years fly by the way months did when I was younger.

Look Ma! Time DILITATION!!!

On page 24 you posted that this post contained evidence of time "dilitation" and that skeptics hadn't addressed this "evidence."

Perhaps it's because it's not evidence, it's you typing a bunch of stuff.

Space-Flight

One example for now:

One of the oldest space-flight reports comes from the Etana Epic of Babylonian Mythology. It contains numerous descriptions of ascension and flight above the earth and repeatedly describes how the earth gets smaller the higher you go. The Etana Epic, which is estimated to be more than 2000 years old (though others say more than 5000) can be viewed in the British Museum. In chapter 12/13 Etana addresses the God Samas asking for the “Herb of Immortality”. Samas tells him to go to the “Eagle” and the Eagle asks him what he wants. Etana responds with “Give me the herb of Immortality”. The Eagle takes Etana “on a ride to the Heavens”. During the flight, The Eagle points out how the earth is getting smaller six times, using words like “the sea now looks like a river”, “the country now looks like a mountain”, “the earth is now like a tree planting”, “Behold my friend, how the earth gets smaller! The country now looks like cake!” As the land disappears, etana says “I want to go back! Take me back!” upon which he is taken back by the Eagle and the earth gets bigger and bigger and the land comes closer and closer.

Apparently, your point here is that a person shouldn't be able to visualize that when one moves farther away from an object, that object appears smaller?

Why would you think this and how is your opinion "evidence" of ancient space flight that the skeptics haven't addressed?

Remember, what can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence.

Harte

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Excellent! Cheers for spreading the word...

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by stanlee

I know what you're saying Stanlee, but there really are pretty impressive videos, I agree, they could be natural formations, but have a decent read into it and you'll see what I'm talking about. I dunno, I read a report by John Anthony West discussing the underwater stuff in Japan and it was rather compelling, I'm not sure what your feelings are on JAW but I personally respect him rather highly.

On a side, has anyone read Science eof the Dogon - by Laird Scranton ? It is a book full of very interesting points, I don't agree with chunks of it, but some of the similarities are fascinating.

U2U me if you've read it, I'd love to see your thoughts.

Goblin

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

continued from opening posts

The Abydos Helicopter, Tank,

In my older thread Forbidden Egyptology and in 100+ other threads on ATS, this ancient egyptian inscription is the cause of much controversy:

Take a very close look at this picture. It is self-explanatory. Egyptologists have tried to pass this helicopter, tank, submarine and airplane as “hieroglyphs” but up to now they have failed to point out where else these writings can be seen other than in the ancient Egyptian Sethos Temple in Abydos. They have also failed to translate this supposed “language”.

What a load.

A valid translation for this was provided right here at ATS by our own Anthropologist, Byrd, who happens to be able to read Hieroglyphics.

Harte, you made me curious about that translation of Byrd, so I did some searching.

I found even two of I must admit very interesting explanations for those figures.

The first one.

reply to post by Byrd

Originally posted by Byrd

Originally posted by drinkinlikeafish
I looking at Egyptian hieroglyphics the other day when I came across Abydos Temple in Giza. Alot of sites seem to have images of hieroglyphics which include helicopters, submarines, army tanks, flying saucers, rods and lots of other strange looking contraptions. My first thought was hoax but people are bringing pictures of it back from their holidays. I find it highly unlikely that people snuck in there and carved images in such detail for a hoax.

Good reasoning there: people are bringing back pictures and for a century and more (even when there were helicopters around) and it was only recently that someone decided it was a helicopter.

These are victims of Enthusiastic Over-Photoshopping.

Look closely at this one:

[img]

At the far left is a round circle (sun) and you can see the whole thing is enclosed in a cartouche. Take a look at it in closer aspect and in context:
www.altarcheologie.nl.../Pharaoh's%20Helicopter.htm

What happened was that it was decided to replace the name of Seti I with Rameses II sometime back in ancient history -- rededicate the temple to Rameses rather than Seti. So they had to replace the titles. Rather than recarve, they plaster over the section and carve on top of that... as bits and pieces fell off, you get the strange effect.

Then the second one.

Look at this really excellent explanation of the real meaning or purpose of those figures.

Pharaoh's Helicopter?

" target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

There are some very strange hieroglyphics in the Temple of Osiris at Abydos. According to many UFO enthusiasts and Atlantis proponents, these glyphs depict highly developed crafts, specifically a helicopter, a submarine, some form of flying saucer, and a jet plane. What are these inscriptions all about?

The glyphs, unretouched.

The glyphs are a result of both erosion of the stone surface (evident elsewhere in the temple) and the process of filling in and re-carving the stone to replace some of the original hieroglyphics. The technical term for such a surface that has been written on more than once is a palimpsest. The usurping and modifying of inscriptions was common in ancient Egypt throughout its history. The Abydos glyph was modified at least once in antiquity, and perhaps twice. Some of the filling has fallen out in places where the older and the newer inscriptions overlap, and the result is unique and odd-looking.

Glyphs superimposed.

The text is part of the titulary of Ramesses II and can be translated as "The one of the Two Ladies, who suppresses the nine foreign countries." This replaces the royal titulary of Seti I that was originally carved into the stone. More technically, the actual "helicopter" seems to be a portion of the psd.t sign and the X3s.t sign on top of each other, with portions missing. An apparent change in scale also mucks things up.

The glyphs in context.

If the ancient Egyptians had vehicles such as helicopters, submarines, and jet airplanes, one would expect to find some evidence of this other than in a single inscription on the lintel of a single temple. This type of large machinery requires a vast amount of support (including fuel, parts, factories, etc.) but there is no trace of any such support in all of Egypt. The Egyptian literature is also bereft of any boast, much less passing mention, of advanced aircraft. Obviously this situation doesn't seem peculiar to those who really want to believe that the ancient Egyptians flew around in airplanes.

]If the ancient Egyptians had vehicles such as helicopters, submarines, and jet airplanes, one would expect to find some evidence of this other than in a single inscription on the lintel of a single temple.

Well you would expect that but that is sorely not always the case because look for instance to the the Great Pyramid of Giza, also called Khufu's Pyramid or the Pyramid of Khufu, and Pyramid of Cheops.
It is believed the pyramid was built as a tomb for Fourth dynasty Egyptian King Khufu (Cheops in Greek) and constructed over a 20 year period concluding around 2560 BC. The Great Pyramid was the tallest man-made structure in the world for over 3,800 years.
Such a marvelous monument, what obvious is build by using an almost unbelievable level of building technique for a great Egyptian king.
And despite that all, there are no hieroglyphs inside or outside whatsoever to tell the story of it or of the king?
Except some faked painted glyphs inside of course.

en.wikipedia.org...

The glyphs in situ.

www.catchpenny.org...

What a load.

In my opinion nothing more then another example of twisting information and the facts regarding this time images of pretty solid figures into totally different ones due Enthusiastic Over-Photoshopping but after that total fitting in the Egyptologists beliefs.

I really wonder what will happen with all the other glyphs in situ if they use the same “tactics” for them also?

[edit on 12/12/08 by spacevisitor]

[edit on 12/12/08 by spacevisitor]

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Harte, yea, Hoagland does give me a headache. He constantly uses photos out of context...anyone seen the PYRAMID on the moon? LOL

Really wasn't impressed...oh dear....and 'datas' head! There was a whole chapter on it in his latest book. I really like his research on the occultic side of NASA but I'm very skeptical of his 'photographic evidence'.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacevisitor
Such a marvelous monument, what obvious is build by using an almost unbelievable level of building technique for a great Egyptian king.
And despite that all, there are no hieroglyphs inside or outside whatsoever to tell the story of it or of the king?
Except some faked painted glyphs inside of course.

en.wikipedia.org...

There are no interior hieroglyphs in most of the Egyptian structures from that period.

Are we to assume they are 10,000 years old as well?

Why did you link wiki here? There's nothing at that page to suggest, or enen hint, that the painted glyphs were fakes.

I assure you, the graffitti and quarry marks (painrted on with red ocre)found within a sealed relieving chamber above the king's chamber in the Great Pyramid are not fakes.

Sitchin was the first modern con man one to claim they might be. This was, of course, because the G.P. wouldn't fit his timeline otherwise.

Graham Hancock picked up on this bull and repeated it (I believe it was in Fingerprints of the Gods) but backed off his claim once he actually went and looked.

Hancock states right on his website what he saw - glyphs between the stones so far back that the had to have been painted on before the stones were placed.

Of course, it doesn't prove the great pyramid was built by the Egyptians, it merely leaves us with three choices:

1. The Egyptians built the G.P.

2. Somebody else built it and painted Egyptian Hieroglyphs in it as they built it, placing painted glyphs in places unreachable after the stones were put in place.

3. Somebody took the G.P. apart, painted some glyphs, then put it back together.

Documentation for what I've stated about Hancock can be found here at ATS. I've linked his page several times. I'm sure you've seen it, but for others in this section of the board, here it is again:
Hancock and the relieving chamber

For those that don't want to see it, I put this quote here so you either have to scroll past it with blinders on, or you'll have to see for yourself:

I am the author of "Fingerprints of the Gods" and the co-author (with Robert Bauval) of "Keeper of Genesis" (entitled "The Message of the Sphinx" in the United States).

Before continuing I advise all who are interested in this position statement to read first the critique of my work posted by Martin Stower on his website (www.dcs.shef.ac.uk...). Please also refer to John Anthony West's open letter to Martin Stower posted on Egyptnews.

Re the 'quarry mark' hieroglyphs in the relieving chambers above the King's Chamber in the Great Pyramid, I have rightly been taken to task for uncritically supporting Zecharia Sitchin's forgery theory. I reported this theory in Fingerprints (published 1995) and in Keeper/Message (published 1996).
As an author and researcher I hope that my work will always be 'in progress' and never finished or set in stone. When I come across new evidence that casts doubt on theories that I previously endorsed I am ready to change my views and admit to past mistakes.
As John West kindly reported in his open letter to Stower I have changed my views on the validity of the forgery theory. The relieving chambers are strictly off limits to the public and are extremely difficult to gain access to. I had been unable to obtain permission to visit them prior to the publication of Keeper/Message in 1996. However, in December 1997, Dr Zahi Hawass allowed me to spend an entire day exploring these chambers. There were no restrictions on where I looked and I had ample time to examine the hieroglyphs closely, under powerful lights. Cracks in some of the joints reveal hieroglyphs set far back into the masonry. No 'forger' could possibly have reached in there after the blocks had been set in place - blocks, I should add, that weigh tens of tons each and that are immovably interlinked with one another. The only reasonable conclusion is the one which orthodox Egyptologists have already long held - namely that the hieroglyphs are genuine Old Kingdom graffiti and that they were daubed on the blocks before construction began.

My emphasis.

Originally posted by spacevisitor

www.catchpenny.org...

What a load.

In my opinion nothing more then another example of twisting information and the facts regarding this time images of pretty solid figures into totally different ones due Enthusiastic Over-Photoshopping but after that total fitting in the Egyptologists beliefs.

I really wonder what will happen with all the other glyphs in situ if they use the same “tactics” for them also?

By your logic, I have to wonder how the Egyptians dealt with the Giant Bees that were chasing their helicopters!

The bees probably ate all the evidence, leaving us with nothing (according to you) except speculation.

Obviously, the Bees were a thorn in the side of earlier and later kings as well, since they appear in several similar "works of art" that the idiotic Egyptologists refer to (foolishly) as "five-fold titularies" of other kings.

Of course, the Giant Bees are no longer to be found in Egypt. They were eaten by the Giant Ducks, the Giant Cobras and the Giant Vultures shown in the same panel.

Harte

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

So the numerous accounts of Gods having a different type of "time" and "time running differently" when traveling with great speed...has nothing at all to do with knowledge of physics, does it?

Right.

[edit on 12-12-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Let's see what's been accomplished so far....

Nothing validated, little understood, a pack of flies gathering around, waiting for the Truth to die (some are already gorging themselves).

Yeah, sounds quite typical for people functioning with their base consciousness (base of the pyramid of consciousness), having no idea of the multidimensional reality that exists at the Top of the Pyramid.

I've been through the Eye of the Pyramid (spontaneous cosmic consciousness), and know the Real behind the Reflected (seemingly-real).

Pearls before swine...they eat anything, but digest only that which is coarse.

So the ancients never existed, the sun shines by day, and dispels inner knowing...I've got that. Bush is good, joy & truth is bad, Soul doesn't exist (unless you give the churchists' their 10%...then you get soul thrown in!).

Most these scoffers & skeptics are dogma believers to begin with, and would stone anything Real (behind the material Reflected).

Ho-hum....I've said this before: those who delight in material ignorance, are free to. The rest of us must push into the Unknown, where what is behind the seems (scenes) Emanates. Disconnect or Direct-Connect?

A flower truly grows from the offal, blooms & disappears into the Ever-All.
So much fertilizer, plenty enough for Truth to Bloom within the hearts of many...but one must seek that nourishment, and expand therefrom.

Subtle Truth of the Real exists. It's subtle, get it? hard to grasp, not for the coarse & gross & sluggish material consciousness. I've met the immaterial ancients, and they are part of the Subtle Real, which is behind All things (yes, even your concrete driveways...).

I say, little proof exists without that is acceptable to the many; seek within.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   

reply to post by Harte

So the numerous accounts of Gods having a different type of "time" and "time running differently" when traveling with great speed...has nothing at all to do with knowledge of physics, does it?

Right.

What accounts?

You claim to know of them, yet fail to present them, and yet still claim no one is addressing this "evidence."

Let's see them.

In the meantime, people have been remarking on the subjectivity of the speed with which time passes as long as we have a record of people making remarks.

The ancient Greeks had poems about how swiftly time passes when you're in the brothel.

Several poets of the Romatic age wrote of this phenomenon as well, as I'm sure many authors from other regions did (the West is limited mostly to the history of Dead White Men, unfortunately.)

When some written work refers to "time flies when your having fun" or some such thing, does that mean the author is talking about time dilation?

While you may have said a thing or two about these sorts of comments, I haven't seen a single legitimate piece of evidence that says anything remotely like time speeds up as you go faster.

People have always been aware that, for example, sleeping time passes much faster than waking time. People have also always noticed that when one is engrossed in something, time flies by.

This (IMO) is the root of the idea of time differentials in various stories. Like the world of faeries vs. the mundane world.

Why should anyone believe anything other than something along these lines when it comes to such stories?

Harte

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
OK so the helicopter hieroglyph has been debunked.
Those hieroglyphs in the GP hidden away behind rocks, they date the GP to when?

The precipitation erosion marks on the Sphinx dating back to 10,500 BC (by looking at when Egypt had enough rainfall to cause this erosion), the fact that the Sphinx directly faces Leo rising in 10,500 BC the fact that the three pyramids line up to Orions belt in 10,500 BC.

What do skeptics believe regarding that information?

That information I first read in Hancock's Fingerprints of the Gods, I believe, or Keeper of Genesis.

Apologies, Sky, for bringing this thread back to the Pyramids when you are wishing to move away from them and onto other aspects of the unexplained.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
They don't debunk anything. Official policies never lead to the truth. And with all the possibilities, you would list anything you can think of, 1 through to say 10, if you can even get that far. Then you think you've debunked something by running with your favorite on the list. The real world doesn't work that way. I've seen pics of ufos "successfully" debunked that way.
When in truth, no matter which explanation you run with, its only a possibility, unless the circumstantial evidence surrounding the evidence supports one of the premises, in which case it may even be a probability. Most of them are still "mysteries" except perhaps to the one taking the shot, who quite probably has already ruled out most of the things on the list, but the blurry shot doesn't do their mental process justice. And no, most ufo shots are not balloons, or birds.

This evidence, while circumstantial, is comparative information that can be gathered from many sources of ancient to modern civilizations, including native cultures spread throughout the world. The pieces of the puzzle fit together.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I published a documentary about a UFO crash find that was found to be 150 million years oild - but ATS wouldn't publish it because the Defense Intelligence Agent that prepared it wouldn't sign his name.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dinwiddy
I published a documentary about a UFO crash find that was found to be 150 million years oild - but ATS wouldn't publish it because the Defense Intelligence Agent that prepared it wouldn't sign his name.

And I can find this documentary...where?

Thanks

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SS,Naga

Very well put

Base consciousness is dense in every sense of the word.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by george_gaz

Have you read form Atlantis to the Sphinx?
I forget who the author is but he addresses this in good detail. I tend to believe that for as old as this planet is, it's just logical that anciently, civilizations have come, risen, and gone. There's plenty of evidence around the world of ingeinus archetecture based on what I think is an organic technology.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Harte, what I want to say to you would get me banned. And I love ATS.
But I am tired. And I see no point to even try to give you the keys to the kingdom, and frankly I don't think they are deserved.

But I would appreciate it, if you could actually add something to this thread and all the others, instead of trying to take.

freedom of thought

seagrass.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Dinwiddy is right skyfloating, the case really exist.
I hope you don’t mind but I did some searching and I found this so far.
Not that I new of it, I really never heard of this case before but I will look further into it in the hope to find more information about it.
It really fits in this thread, but I have really no idea of its value or even if it is a hoax or not.
But so far it’s no doubt very interesting.

VICTOR:

"Operation XXXXX XXXXX": A highly classified, sensitive operation with
far-reaching national security implications that took place in 1968. A
XXXXX archaeological team uncovered a large metallic object in a remote
area of southern XXXXX which is a close NATO ally of ours. The object
was believed to be an ALIEN SPACECRAFT that had crashed approximately
200 million years ago [200 MYA] according to the archaeological team.

The site subsequently was examined by a USAF Recovery Team, which then
put the age of the ALIEN CRAFT at approximately 150 million years ago
[150 MYA]. I don't think anyone can give an actual age of the site, but
it was somewhere between 150 and 200 MYA, based on the location of where
it was found.

Our scientists used the ABSOLUTE DATING METHOD employing decaying
radioactive isotopes. Sedimentary rock formations and the fact that the
object was EMBEDDED INTO THE ROCK were used to estimate the age of the
ALIEN CRAFT.

The ALIEN CRAFT itself was 45 feet in diameter. The craft was
transported to the State of XXXXX and then to the giant XXXXX lab
complex in XXXXX and opened. The ALIEN CRAFT contained two (2) highly