It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Extraterrestrials

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by odyseusz

I heard that story. It’s nothing special. The group of investigators from discovery channel go there to watch close that case. At first they find out that this spirals are something unnatural. Some expert said it is not possible that are human manufactured objects and other experts claims that this elements are hundred thousand years old. After that they discovered that this mysterious alien made artifacts are thrashers from nearby factory which dumps its everywhere in whole neighborhood. Haha. In my opinion that myth is busted.

[edit on 9-12-2008 by odyseusz]

Do you have a source for that?

[edit on 9-12-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by anti72

I ask you a second time: Do you know how long Daniken was in jail?
Do you know which jail he was in?

Im asking, because, in my 10 years of AAT research, I couldnt find any information on this whatsoever.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
reply to post by anti72

I ask you a second time: Do you know how long Daniken was in jail?
Do you know which jail he was in?

Im asking, because, in my 10 years of AAT research, I couldnt find any information on this whatsoever.

calm down.
your research is bad I guess.
he tolds this by himself, on his own page.

tatjana.ingold.ch...

"Können Sie sich vorstellen, dass Sie einmal ins Gefängnis kommen?

Da war ich ja schon. 1968 verhaftete man mich wegen angeblichen Steuerbetrugs, den ich nie begangen habe, daraus wurde eine endlose Geschichte. Aber das ist vergessen, ich mag nicht mehr davon sprechen. "

he wrote his second book in jail.

did you read the research links I posted?
this is research of an archeologist.

[edit on 9-12-2008 by anti72]

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by anti72

Here´s a VERY GOOD site of an german archelogist, who explains most of the popular scientific failures in this context.

doernenburg.alien.de...
doernenburg.alien.de/alternativ/dendera/dend00_e.php

english translation left side.

topics:
-Electric lights in Egypt?
-Baghdad-Batteries
-The "Lamp"
-The translation
´´Undeniably to interpret as lamps...´´
-Egyptological issues
-Bible and Technology
-The Manna Machine
-The Orion-Theory
-Technical examinations:
The shafts

-Pyramid building
-Transport of 6 Mio. tons
-Force, work and ramps
-A transport model
-Artificial stone in pyramids?

cheers..

wow, this is really interesting, thanks.

good stuff..

You say he is an archeologist?

greets

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by deKooning

yeah, a german archeologist.
on his page he shows these popular errors, Däniken and others use.
´electric light ´of the pharaos etc.

nonsense. but popular.

he is posting in a german forum, too.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by odyseusz

Translation by George Sassoon

I heard that story. It’s nothing special. The group of investigators from discovery channel go there to watch close that case. At first they find out that this spirals are something unnatural. Some expert said it is not possible that are human manufactured objects and other experts claims that this elements are hundred thousand years old. After that they discovered that this mysterious alien made artifacts are thrashers from nearby factory which dumps its everywhere in whole neighborhood. Haha. In my opinion that myth is busted.

[edit on 9-12-2008 by odyseusz]

Just because it they are something that we cannot comprehend the ancients doing does not mean it is impossible and did not happen - do we not have nano-technology now??
To accept that theory would to some people seem like we are only just developing what technology the ancients already had - i dont think they like that idea and would rather say it is an impossibilty that have an open mind about it. Personally i think that is exactly the case and if anything 'surfaced' to suggest that - i would think it either may myseriously 'disappear' or covered up to make it known to be a Fake. These were found in russia?? Idont think that they would want to keep interest keen if they stumbled upon something quite significant.

Sure looks like a solenoid of sorts dosn't it - could the ancients have been be harnessing the energy from earths ionisphere/earths magnetic field or something. Whatever - Tesla invented the tesla coil but this looks very similar to a solenoid doesn't it does't it?

magnetic filed of a solenoid:

www.ancient-wisdom.co.uk...

[edit on 9-12-2008 by MCoG1980]

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

This is what i found on him - doen'st say which prison but it does say why and how long for, hope this helps:

www.nationmaster.com...

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by MCoG1980

interesting, really.

"
In the early 1960s, in his mid 20s, he was convicted of defrauding the hotel where he worked and also petty theft, for which he was fined.

In 1967, at the age of 32, Von Däniken was convicted of a large scale embezzlement, forgery and tax evasion, and spent three and half years in prison. During his time in prison he wrote his second book.

Von Däniken has admitted to forging some of his evidence. Pottery depicting UFOs that he claimed came from archaeological digs was in fact created by a modern potter. When confronted with evidence of his fraud Von Däniken claimed it was justified because some people would only believe if they saw proof.

"

interesting though, what he is saying abou that time, NOW :
(posted above)

translated:

" 1968 I was arrested because of alleged tax evasion, which I had never committed, from this became an endless history. But that is forgotten, I may no longer of it speak. "

any questions?

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I find this thread mildly interesting. What I find everybody makes no mention of, is that not only are the ancient astronauts real, and some of them are still around. I've met three different ones, two disembodied consciousnesses that were the size of houses (one below the Garden of the Gods, the other in the old crystal fields on Pike's Peak Mt.) in Co., and a fully embodied ancient, who is still watching, running the 'shew' (Ed Sullivan).

I believe these 'ancient consciousnesses' have showed/presented themselves to many, many people.

[edit on 9-12-2008 by SS,Naga]

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by anti72

Thank you. I just wanted to know if you are willing to read up. He was jailed in 1968, right when his first book started bestselling. For tax-evasion, of which he says he did not commit.

Now tell me: What does his being jailed for tax evasion have to do with his theories on ancient astronauts? What does it have to do with my theories on ancient astronauts?

Answer: NOTHING.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by anti72

"Admitted to forging evidence"? This was part of the smear campaign conducted in the late 60s.

Interesting you make NO MENTION AT ALL of what happened in the 80s, 90s, and 20s.

You are a classical diversion-artist.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by SS,Naga

I understand and agree with the stuff you are talking about. But I havent included it into this thread, because it doesnt hurt the Debunkers/Skeptics-Societies. Its so far beyond them that they wouldnt even understand it.

What hurts them the most is presenting hard evidence to the public.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Very good and well put together post/posts star and flag from me,although i still dont think the evidence is credible or the actual point of the thread in question that aliens have historically visited us,but alot of work went in and it was a good read.

Cheers

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Zecaria Sitchin "The twelth planet" & "End of days : memoirs and prophecies of an extraterrestrial god".

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
When diversion-tactics are applied, and references made that have nothing to do with the Evidence, the only thing I can do is to keep re-posting the Evidence.

Evidence Posted in this Thread & Attempted Debunking

NA = NOT ADDRESSED by the "Debunkers"
A = ADDRESSED by the "Debunkers"

Page 1:

* Questionable Tactics against Ancient Astronaut Theory NA
* Signs of Ancient Genetic Engineering NA
* Reports of Ancient Space Flight NA
* Reports of Ancient Time Dilitation NA
* Similarities in Global Mythology NA
* Mythology turning out to be scientifically verified NA
* Cargo-Cults A

Page 3:

* Odd Skulls NA
* African Mythology confirming how the Gods "descended from the Sky" to interact with humans NA
* Exodus 19: "God" appearing with smoke and lightning, on "the wings of an eagle" and wanting people not to see his aircraft NA
* More Biblical passages indicating the association with flying craft connected to smoke and fire. NA

Page 4

* Abydos Helicopter A
* Winged Discs A

Page 7-15

* The Mystery of Magwangdui NA
* The Validity of AAT as a Theory A
* Ancient Astronauts: Picture Gallery (including the ancient drilled hole) NA
* Elohim: A Plural NA
* The Mimicry Theory A
* Nazca Lines Part 1 - The Official Versions NA
* Book Burnings: A Cause of lost Wisdom? A

Page 16:

* Magnetic and Electric Anomalies on, at and in the Nazca Plateau NA

* The Missing Links in Ancient Agriculture NA

Page 17:

* Ancient Nano-Spirals A (addressed but without any sourcing)

* Non-Human Prehistoric Skulls NA

* The Ancient Mahabarate & Ramanyana confirm AAT. NA

Page 18:

Chinese Archaeologists ask: Why was our culture more advanced at its beginnings than in later Dynasties? NA

18 cases were not addressed. 6 cases were addressed. Of the 6 cases addressed either

a) no sourcing or reference provided or
b) General Debunkers-Websites linked, without specific address of the topic.

Of course, one cant address these topics without having to admit something is terribly wrong with our conventional view of history.

So two possibilities remain: Admit that we have been wrong with our view of history or ignore the message and attack the messenger.

Anyone who has read this thread can see how the messenger is being attacked again and again. Example: The posters anti72 and dekoonig rambling on about Daniken being in jail, being a fraud, etc.

[edit on 9-12-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Keep up the great work!

Still on the fence myself but I have to say that there is a lot of information that still allows for the question of our history. The 'skeptics' / 'debunkers' have failed miserably in attacking this thread. I have challenged a few of their blatant attempts myself with common sense.

The furthering smear campaign is what cracks me up. Simple deflections and attacks. That's exactly what I was trained to do when I was in the service. Just answer the dang questions guys and then let's see where it all falls in the end. Right now the skeptics and debunkers have had it handed to them.

They have picked on the easiest events to attack. Then they have latched onto topics that the OP didn't bring up but was brought up by others. Yet another attempt to deflect.

Again, I simply say, answer ALL of the evidence presented. Once done, with REAL sources, then maybe I'll begin to believe it all as bunk. Until then, I have to say that I am leaning way towards to the AAT side of things.

That also comes down to logic. For I also believe we are NOT the only intelligent form of life in this universe. That is an ignorant concept held onto by those who must absolutely see everything with their own eyes ten times before they will acknowledge it exists. Not a great way to grow. I'm not saying that people should swallow everything they are told but to simply disregard because it goes against the grain or what YOU believe is a pathetic way to live your life.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Now tell me: What does his being jailed for tax evasion have to do with his theories on ancient astronauts? What does it have to do with my theories on ancient astronauts?

Answer: NOTHING

Ain't that the truth Sky

Von Daniken was the first mass media "darling" of the theory, and thats about all you can say, because its not exactly difficult, given time and research, to look at historical records and depictions and see something unusual in them.

So, in essence, whilst Von Daniken may have been a catalyst, this theory is not his alone, or Sitchins, or exclusively owned by anyone. And even if those two displayed some dodgy characteristics, and some shoddy research, it does not mean that everything they attest to is wrong, or that everything they attest to is right either.

Simply put, the theory is is compelling. As already noted every major culture, past and present, details interactions with things coming from the sky, consistently recorded from cave drawings through legends, scripted religious texts and written texts, painted records and from the earliest days of photography.

So while there may be some bad apples knocking about who take their own spin on the theory, it does not detract from the simple evidence that can be seen in the records.

Thats why I find it so compelling a case.

Kudos to you Sky. You are ploughing on in the face of some fairly obtuse opposition, but the information you are putting forward is thought provoking

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
These are my beliefs and are not up for debate:

• 10,000 BC something happened that effectively destroyed an advanced civilization on earth
  • The survivors spent decades just trying to survive and lost much of their knowledge
  • Over centuries and millenniums, isolated pockets of the descendants of the survivors developed diverging histories and origin stories. This explains why building techniques and technologies degraded after the cataclysm.
  • Small pockets of knowledge have, to this day; remained in the hands of a privileged few who use it for their own gains.
  • When evidence and knowledge of life before the cataclysm is found, the privileged destroy it because they do not want the world to know our past.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Everybody can see that you are diverting from the topic.

Sorry, that it is an unpleasant, unfitting fact that he was in jail and personally did admitted to forge some of his evidence.
sorry. I just found that infos, thats all. not my problem.(is this kindrgarden or what?)
perhaps you should have written that on page 1.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   

reply to post by anti72

"Admitted to forging evidence"? This was part of the smear campaign conducted in the late 60s.

Interesting you make NO MENTION AT ALL of what happened in the 80s, 90s, and 20s.

You are a classical diversion-artist.

don´t give me names, ok?

is this another ettempt of personal attack as on previous pages?
unbelievable.only because people aren´t of your opinion.

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join