It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Extraterrestrials

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
History is FULL of kings, gods, and idols that strongly suggest an alien ~ aincient astronaut = non-human.

Quick Citing:
Sun god Ra: en.wikipedia.org...
"he was believed to command the sky ... earth and underworld," underworld simply being the world while it is night time (read: that which is below the world that is alive with sunlight = underworld).

angel Moroni: (the one who appeared to Joseph Smith saying the Holy Bible is bogus)
en.wikipedia.org...

These are only two, but I research this a bit and the consistent suggestion is striking. I notice a couple consistent parallels between characters in history that may have been aliens or aincient astronauts:

1.) High interest in being worshiped, and keeping humans dependent to them (Egyptian gods that 'protected' Egypt from invaders as long as they were worshipped).
2.) Teaching against the Holy Bible. Instead they push science or natural things as a religion.
3.) Promising everlasting life, control as a ruler on another planet, or other carnal promises.

David Flynn suggests a theory that may be considered 'aincient astronauts,' and is to me the most reasonable, accurate, and most importantly ...

everything fits together making perfect sense.

I suggest you search for his website www.mt.net/~watcher or search 'David Flynn' on youtube.

Be ready to be blown away.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
As I've mentioned before, the hieroglyphic evidence is inconclusive.

For one instance of this, see the following link regarding a "helicopter" in Egypt
www.catchpenny.org...

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Skyfloating. Great work. In this topsy-turby world we now inhabit it's good to see the important topics still getting attention.
There are so many pieces to the Ancient Astronaut puzzle. That's why the debunkers are funny. The debunkers just need to read more; perhaps a lot more.
Once a person has studied the hundreds and hundreds of mind-blowing mysteries from all over the ancient world the pieces of the puzzle fall into place...and the picture becomes clear. Ancient Astronaut clear, if you know what I mean?
So, debunkers, eat a good lunch, go to a place called the 'library', open things called 'books', and talk to us again in a few years.

Skyfloating, keep your eye on the sparrow!

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13

For one instance of this, see the following link regarding a "helicopter" in Egypt
www.catchpenny.org...

How about megalithic evidence and technological evidence?

If you think we are currently more advanced than people who built Giza pyramids, then why don't we build another one?

You know why?

Because we can NOT.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zepherian
I would say that we don't really know enough about ancient history to really be able to either debunk or prove such a complex hypothesis for the genesis of human technological society. Micheal Cremo is one to be read regarding the ancient history of mankind, as he has good insight.

My personal feeling is the history we do know is sometimes wrong and always incomplete, and that the real history probably does include alien contact. This is a violent planet that has been inhabited for eons. It is not impossible that we have had previous civilizations, lost in the mist of time because they never made it off planet, or lost in the mist of time because they were either outposts of bigger galactic civilizations that were shut down or simply that they left this planet for other ones. Who knows?

However, one thing I will say, we do not need the ancient astronaut hypothesis to explain mankind, although it makes for a cool science fiction/historical movie. We could be homegrown and just studied by extraterrestrials.

One thing that I do know for sure is that there is something up there in the skies.

What you, any individual such as myself know, is not what is known in the 'big picture spectrum of things'... The complete set of comomon knowledge exists in all verifiable written records, by inference (putting 2 & 2 together) & simply conencting the dots. I'm sorry for bringing up David Icke's compilation information regarding the evidence of reptilians & extraterrrestials, but just do a google search & find the PDF for free. - You can also find 'The book of Enoch, which is HIGHLY interesting, for it clearly describes 'the watchers' & how at one time ETs lived amongst us in the open.
Furthermore, there are paintings from back then that depict flying machines in the background... And my religious co-worker scoffs at me for 'believing in aliens'. Really.
Sherry shriner, um, HELLO?

PS: I don't believe everything she says, but the prominent people in this field are on the right track, that's for sure! AND I'm NOT TALKING ABOUT MICHEAL FRIGGING MOORE or any other shill!

[edit on 3-12-2008 by Time=Now]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by FIFIGI

Originally posted by ravenshadow13

www.catchpenny.org...

How about megalithic evidence and technological evidence?

If you think we are currently more advanced than people who built Giza pyramids, then why don't we build another one?

You know why?

Because we can NOT.

BECAUSE WE CAN'T, exactly...

Look at stonehenge , & the Easter Island heads, that were in the game boy version of super mario bros. (irrevevant, I just love games, but my projects don't allow time for me to play them :-(

Let's DEMAND the presedents to do blood tests to show the simillarity of their DNA... Let's DEMAND that a challenge be brought forth to give a billion dollars to ANY group to build a pyramid, & even with today's technogy, noone would be able to do so. So how were they built? and WHY? And if that really is a pyramid on Mars, we better get our ract together, of EAth may end up looking like that soon... I mean... Why has noone ever asked why there are so many broken rocks all over the place on Mars? It looks like... Massive wars took place, or there is a physical coverup of a global civilization. (sorry for (sort of) going off topic, but it's ALL connected... Whatever race is making these pyramids, they surely are quite strange & malevolent indeed.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

So in that conclusion you linked to, where did the "red" engravings come from?

Surely your not suggesting that they are errosions that just so happen to form the top of a rotor assembly of a helicopter, a tail fin for an airplane?

As someone else so elegantly likes to say....utter nonsense!!!!!!

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   

One thing that I find interesting is the drawings. The ones that you showed here have specific details about them, like the small beings seating on the big ones have little pouches for stomach, the elongated heads( ancient skulls have being found displaying this characteristics and even some part in Peru they were still practicing this by wrapping the infant's head to elongate itt so it could resemble their gods).
One thing that intrigues me, and I have not seen anyone mention this ever in any books or in the internet, is the profile of the beings. A human profile shows only half of an eye but this beings' profiles show a whole eye. Is that because the actual head and face was elongated, like a reptile's head (please don't dismiss me because I mentioned reptiles) or just mistakes? The drawings show so much difficult details that I find it difficult to believe that those are mistakes.

When I go to the Museum of Natural History, here in NY, I see drawings of humans and animals from caves dating around 5000 years ago. The drawings are so good that you can tell the zebras from the giraffes, dogs and other animals. In those drawings you can see giraffes, in great details, with short and large necks, and human in normal size and giants. Were those mistakes or did they record what they saw?

A really great book on this subject, in my opinion, is "Supernatural" by Graham Hancock, even thought I disagree with his final conclusion.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I take issue with the idea of ancient astronauts.. at least in the way it's been suggested with regards to art and relics. For instance, did you know that Sumerian cultures believed the soul left our bodies through our eyes? That's why they depicted large eyed humans in their art. Beware of these authors who are selling you poorly researched "facts". Much of the time they're starting from a belief and then cherry picking findings to prove their belief.. without getting the information on the findings themselves. Much of human history depicts spiritual imagery and fertility.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
What about the fact that although the Egyptians kept very careful records about everything they ever did; every king they had, every war they fought, and every structure they built, there were no records of them ever having built the pyramids?

Did you know that the height of the pyramid (481 feet) is almost exactly 1/1,000,000,000 of the distance from the earth to the sun (480.6 billion feet)?

www.outerworlds.com...

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   
The ancient Astronaut is extremely difficult if not impossible to either prove or disprove.

It may help to narrow it down first. I have attempted to do part of that with a web site about ancient civilizations around the world including many that moved colossal stones well over 100 tons in Ireland, France, Spain, Italy, Greece, Tyrkey, Israel, Lebanon, Egypt, India, Korea, Japan, Mexico, Boliva and Peru. The biggest stone moved with ancient technology in modern experiments is probably not much more than 10 tons. There are claims that people have done better but if the debunkers could document them better they would have or at least they should have.

There is definitely an unexplained mystery here.

My site also discusses other wonders like large volumes of statues and colossal sculpture insitu as well as a few things that can be explained by normal evolution like cave paintings.

This site trys to focus on the hard facts first to help narrow things down.

www.geocities.com...

This isn't enough to explain everything or even close. A closer look at technology like the Orion project and biosphere 2 and much more will help.

All the information would need to be organized in the most effective mannor possible to come closest to the truth. My web site still needs work but in some ways it is better than what the traditional scholars are presenting to the public.

Another thing that might be worth looking at are the "mystics" and "miracles" that religions have been useing to back up there beliefs. I'm sceptical about their interpretation of these since if a good God did exist he would start by opening an open line of communication. This hasn't happened so the "God" or "astronaut" in question isn't putting our best interest first but it is possible that once they acomplish what they want that the secrecy may no longer be neccissary.

As for the so called sceptics if they start out sceptical at least until they look at the evidence I don't mind that at all in fact I recomend it. However that isn't the way they behave. The self defined sceptics often decide it isn't true before looking at the evidsence and then they dig in their heals. When this happens instead of debunking they add bunk or sometimes they replace some bunk with different bunk.

As for the most popular theorists like Sitchen, Von Daniken and Hancock they don't get it right in there entirety but they may get somethings right.
In Sitchen's case I couldn't even bring myself to read his books they are so bad I only got a few pages into one before giving up. I have found out that he makes claims that ignore basic laws of gravity and ignores the habitable zone. Von Daniken and Hancock both make some good points but they also get bogged down in mythology and jump to conclusions to fast. I suspect that Jaques Vallees is closer to the truth. He does a better job admitting when he is speculating.

This is a good idea to consider as long as you don't jump to conclusions pro or con too fast.

G'day

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Im with you 110%

The problem with the subject is the "sheeple" have been mislead down the path of mythology and pure hog wash. If the subject was put before a unbiased jury there could only be one outcome. There is more than enough information, and artifacts, to support the position, we were not alone, nor are we now!

Its not only the Darwinists and religions, its also the secret societies that work overtime to hide the truth of this subject.

Sorry for butting in, but this one subject gets my goat

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by All Seeing Eye

Im with you 110%

The problem with the subject is the "sheeple" have been mislead down the path of mythology and pure hog wash. If the subject was put before a unbiased jury there could only be one outcome. There is more than enough information, and artifacts, to support the position, we were not alone, nor are we now!

Its not only the Darwinists and religions, its also the secret societies that work overtime to hide the truth of this subject.

Sorry for butting in, but this one subject gets my goat

Hahahahahahahhaha

Humans building ancient civilizations and pyramids? yeah right! That is so hard to believe! The sheeple! such ignorant fools!
Aliens built it all! that is so much moe plausible and supported by the evidence...

HAHAHA YEAH right, give me a break

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by NavalFC

HAHAHA YEAH right, give me a break
Hey brother, you going to give me back my goat, are are you going to keep using it as a thing of amusement...

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by NavalFC

is there some refutation to what skyfloating is presenting you'd like to offer? or are you just going to be snide? and your earlier post "debunked, go read these books" hardly contributes or refutes what sky is putting forth.

skyfloating, i enjoy your threads, they are well thought out and presented in an easy to read manner. i've long been interested in this subject and will probably take a couple days to read through your links and really digest what you're putting forth.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
If anyone is interested in ancient aliens and seeing them depicted in art, I believe the best collection is here. Ancient UFO's depicted in art

People were drawing what they saw in the sky centuries ago and people are still drawing and depicting the same objects today. Pretty amazing.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by realgraverobber
History is FULL of kings, gods, and idols that strongly suggest an alien ~ aincient astronaut = non-human.

angel Moroni: (the one who appeared to Joseph Smith saying the Holy Bible is bogus)
en.wikipedia.org...

I'd be worried about your research if you got that one wrong. Angel Moroni did not state that the Holy Bible is bogus. He directed Joseph Smith to an additional record, besides the Bible (The Book of Mormon). Followers of that religion (Mormons.....or officially, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints), believe the Bible also, and read from it weekly.

Now as to the OP, I find it very plausible that anciently, aliens visited Earth. There is plenty of artisanry, oral and written records to suggest such activity.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Your all crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nah just kidding.

Skyfloating. Great thread!

I particularly find the first picture fascinating since the "man" is in a craft of some kind and they represent flight by using feathers around the body of the craft.

[edit on 4-12-2008 by Unlimitedpossibilities]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   
This is my first post on this site, and what a great topic to post on.

I have always thought it was logical that an advanced being or group had much to do with the development of our planet. From ancient art, the building of pyramids in many areas of the earth, the legends, the holy books, and all of this evidence that we are in fact being visited, is too much to not give this a real serious consideration.

I have never had more than a passing interest in UFO's until recently. I have always accepted they are real as many people in my family have seen them when the local nuclear power plant was being constructed in the mid to late 60's here. As I have read, studied, and listened to many interviews and pieces on this the pieces are all falling together. I joke with my kids and tell them I have fallen into the wormhole now as this whole subject is fascinating. red

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 03:27 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Excellent post Sky, and a few people on here who describe me as a skeptic would be suprised to find out that this is one theory I actually subscribe to.

An old associate of mine once described the bible as the "Greatest contact story never told", and I actually agree with that idea. I too did some research into this subject when I was younger and my conclusion was that at some point in the past 5,000 years the planet was visited by a passing race - some of whom may have influenced events here. The legends from nearly every culture across the globe seem to point to that.

I also agree that there was a very particular, organised "hit" on the early authors such as Von Daniken, and although some of his works may have been misinformed/misguided the theory was as good as anything anyone else put forward. Indeed, he did go to great lengths to try and correct some of his mistakes in later works, but by that point the smears were sticking.

So a great read, and heres hoping you get more positive contributions. I might try and dig up some of my old stuff as well

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join