It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Extraterrestrials

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I gave up on this thread as soon as I read that someone said we can not build a pyramid today. Why would we want to? We have more efficient methods that meet our needs. I really just want to pull my hair out with some(or on this site it seems to be a lot) of the unintelligent comments. But yeah you are right we can build a particle accelerator today, but we cant cut stone accurate enough and put it together. We can build sky scrapers, cut diamonds to precision, build locks in the sea, and yet for some reason we can't build pyramids. Someone shoot me.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Or how about this. What if, I know this is a huge what if for some of you, but what if people of that time were actually able to build these pyramids? hmmm. What if not everything is a conspiracy theory? I mean at the rate that some of you people propose conspiracy theories would just mean that humans today know nothing factual about our history, past or present. Some of you soon enough are going to come up with a theory of how my very backhand is not actually what I perceive it as and I don't even know my own backhand.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I remember reading somewhere this tiny spiral thing from the Ural was identified by an russian ingeneer. it was a part of from a rocket or something. there was said to be a base in that area.

have a nice evening.

[edit on 8-12-2008 by deKooning]

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by deKooning
I remember reading somewhere this tiny spiral thing from the Ural was identified by an russian ingeneer. it was a part of from a rocket or something. there was said to be a base in that area.

have a nice evening.

Many of these nano-parts were found underground...hence the dating to ancient times.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamingtree
I gave up on this thread as soon as I read that someone said we can not build a pyramid today. Why would we want to? We have more efficient methods that meet our needs. I really just want to pull my hair out with some(or on this site it seems to be a lot) of the unintelligent comments. But yeah you are right we can build a particle accelerator today, but we cant cut stone accurate enough and put it together. We can build sky scrapers, cut diamonds to precision, build locks in the sea, and yet for some reason we can't build pyramids. Someone shoot me.

Pyramids are an overdone topic. Thats why I am posting everything BUT pyramid-stuff (No offense to those who do though :up

A wealth of better evidence has been posted for those who can read and follow leads.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamingtree

It was humans who built the pyramids...just not in the manner that some theologists have claimed that they used hords of slave labor to do it.

And there still is out for debate as to exactly WHEN the Giza pyramids were built. There is plenty of evidence of when the other, more sloppy looking pyramids were built, but not the ones at Giza yet.

That still does not mean or imply that humans did not build them. You could be right, they knew how to build them like that with such precision that you cant even slip a piece of paper between the seperations of each block. The fits and edges comming together as if they were naturally formed that way to assemble a huge monument.

Heh, there was one theory I saw on History channel that the way they were able to cut each stone with such precision on all of them was using water and some abrasive tool, all by hand. Hell it would have taken far longer to get each block so smooth and precise that the thing would have taken several hundred years to complete. But they did not take that long.

Funny too how the odd shaped, lopsided pyramids do not have the same precision on each stone as the pyramids of Giza do.

Why is that btw? Why would only certian pyramids have such precision in the fitting of each individual block, and the others that were constructed have such sloppy blocks, some of which were so un-precise that the things ended up collapsing?

No I dont think aliens built the pyramids at Giza. I think humans did when there was a time "The First Time-ie 25,000+ yrs ago" that humans had far more capability than even us today, and obviously far more capability than the humans of ancient times just 5000 years ago.

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 8-12-2008 by RFBurns]

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

have a nice evening.

Many of these nano-parts were found underground...hence the dating to ancient times.

no, not underground, and not ancient. new tech of a rocket or so.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Sorry OP dont mean to post more pyramid stuff.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
You must be talking about my posts, and boy you guys are rude, gave me a good laugh actually.

I asked, can you duplicate the Pyramids at Giza using the same technology that was used when they first were built? And do it in the same time frame?

Not with today's technology. But the same technology they used.

Thanks

Thats is how you debunk, actually go out and replicate the entire exact procedure. Get back to me when you're finished.

Aloha

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
Sorry OP dont mean to post more pyramid stuff.

Cheers!!!!

Go Ahead and talk pyramids all you want.

However...there's ALSO other stuff out there, pretty good stuff and I have yet to see one of the Skeptics address the gems in a sincere manner.

[edit on 8-12-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by cosmicpixie
reply to post by spacevisitor

The tales in the ancient Indian texts read like science fiction yet are legends of very real events.

I have the same opinion cosmicpixie, and that is why I posted them.

Thanks for the interesting link.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I really love those stories you posted here.

Thanks for that and the link.
Bye the way, what is your opinion of the so called Dropa Stones story.
Do you think it is worth to post it here or do you think it is a fraud?

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacevisitor
reply to post by Skyfloating

I really love those stories you posted here.

Thanks for that and the link.
Bye the way, what is your opinion of the so called Dropa Stones story.
Do you think it is worth to post it here or do you think it is a fraud?

Probably genuine. But Im careful about them. If there is indeed a huge cover-up, the method "they" use to keep the cover up is twofold:

a) Debunk and Deny Everything
b) Create Hoaxes and Frauds to divert attention from the good stuff

And if a researcher and author of this stuff...like Sitchin, Hancock, Daniken...falls for one of the hoaxes, then "they" can come in and declare him a fraud for life.

Know what I mean?

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
you dont even have to debunk.

when you read a book by Däniken you see he formly never clearly claims for example alien involvement in the construction of the pyramids.
he only asks speculative questions, he seems clever. but no scientist, HE knows that. he´s an bestselling author.
´Where came the builders from´, ´ this stone drilling hole looks too perfect too be made with primitive, stoneage tools, it looks like a modern drill ´´what culture did have these technics´..blah..
its clear that a less-informed, or Science Fiction-reader loves this stuff, but its
..just entertainment.

like his swiss ´Mystery Park´( it went broke 2006).
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mystery_Park

´´
* Nazca explored the Nazca Lines near Nazca, Peru.
* Contact explored cargo cults.
* MegaStones explored Stonehenge.
* Maya explored the Maya calendar.
* Orient explored Great Pyramid of Giza.
* Vimana explored the Vimana (flying machines) described in the Mahabharata and the Rig Veda.
* Challenge explored space flight and Mars exploration.

The Panorama Kugel was the central pavilion, topped by a 41-meter high sphere, from which the park's grounds could be seen. The "Kugel" contained exhibits of von Däniken's works.´´

he´s in it for the money, too..

dont take this too seriously, people.

cheers

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
since the OP wants to introduce the whole topic of AAT, these notes of the personal data of the original AAT ´foundingfather´ Däniken are very important to know. just for the record.

Legal troubles

Von Däniken's run-ins with the law started at an early age. As a boy scout he was brought before a judge to answer charges that he had taken money from the treasury. In 1960, he worked in hotels and restaurants across Switzerland and was convicted of fraud, serving a prison sentence for defrauding his boss at one hotel. In 1967, soon after the "Chariots of the Gods" was published he was arrested and charged by Interpol with fraud and tax evasion for non-payment of $14,000.00. On behalf of the prosecution, he was subjected to psychological examinations. These results of the examinations, made during preliminary inquiry, were read during trial without the defense being allowed to cross-examine them.[3] During the investigation authorities uncovered a large personal debt totaling $700,000.00. Von Däniken was eventually found guilty of embezzlement and served more than three years in prison. In 1982, the conviction was overturned by the Graubünden cantonal court. During his jail time he wrote his second book: Return to the Stars. These convictions dogged von Däniken, who was at times not permitted a visa to enter the United States. This caused him to become a no-show at several speaking engagements including a "Legendary Times" San Francisco, California seminar in May 2004.

By 1982, after further controversies, he could not find an English or American publisher for his tenth book. Although in the past few years his theories have made a modest resurgence, a huge, multi-million dollar theme park based on von Daniken's persona was a financial disappointment and closed in November 2006 due to poor attendance.

)

another important details on his career. just for the record.

(translated with babelfish from german to english)

Between best-sellers and Bündner process 1968 appeared its book ´memories of the future´, after 20 publishing houses had rejected it. It became an unexpected success. The sales figures snapped up, within short time were Däniken edition millionaire. Despite the incomes by the publication Däniken at the beginning of of 1969 moved over mountain of debt of 380.000 francs before itself according to newspaper reports still another. [4] On 18 November 1968 it therefore due to one of Swiss law enforcement agencies arranged interpole search in Austria arrested, in February 1969 to Switzerland delivered and defraudations continued repetitive by the Bündner canton court in Chur on 13 February 1970 because of and falsification of documents to 3 ½ years penintentiary, 3,000 francs fine and loss of the civil civil rights on two years condemned. The psychiatric court expert wrote: „It is it […] completely indifferently, the thickest lies up tables, or also twists, fantasyful excuses, in order to pull its head from the loop, if it is confronted with obvious facts unpleasant for it. “[5] Dänikens request for an upper expert's assessment and its plea of nullity against the judgement were rejected 1970 by Swiss Federal court and its annulment yard. „Custody and process represented a dishonest falsification of the facts “, wrote to Däniken in addition retrospectively 1976. [6] In March 1982 main header the canton court grey federations the judgement up. [7] With increasing success as an author and the incomes resulting from it Dänikens continuous argument with Swiss courts ended. But began at 1968 a set of plagiarism and falsification reproaches, which persist until today. Däniken was accused parts of its books with other authors to have taken and/or its theses by manipulated interpretations of scientific sources and falsified illustrations to support.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

no, not underground, and not ancient. new tech of a rocket or so.

Thank you for actually addressing one of the evidence-pieces brought up

But...uhm...no...I couldnt find any document linking those spiral pieces to any rocket.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by deKooning

Ive addressed the smear-campaign against Daniken on the first page.

A few pages ago Ive shown how his foundation now funds university-expeditions. This means he has made peace with science.

Whats more is that one mistake or one misstep many decades ago does not equal the entirety of his material being invalid.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Hi Skyfloating

Just wanted to say this is one of the best threads I have ever come across on the net. It brings together a lot of subjects I have been interested in over the years
It is annoying that it has attracted what seems to be the entire troll cast of the LOTR trilogy but that is to be expected, keep up the good work and to contributed myself to the discussion I am sure there is photographic evidence of Atomic Blast Sites dating thousands of years in the past which would back up the ancient atomic war discussion, I will do some digging and post back.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by deKooning

As a boy scout he was brought before a judge to answer charges that he had taken money from the treasury.

*gathers self*

Okay, besides the first sentence being tragically hilarious, your damning evidence also reinforces what the OP stated in the opening. Namely, that Von D has seen his rep systematically besmerched since the publication of 'Chariots'.

After his childhood malfeasance we have:

1960, he worked in hotels and restaurants across Switzerland and was convicted of fraud, serving a prison sentence for defrauding his boss at one hotel.

Defrauding his boss of what/how much? When did he serve this sentence and for how long?

After that, the timeline of the various 'crimes' he 'committed' all seem to involve him being prosecuted over small amounts of money when he was a newly wealthy man due to the intl. success of Chariots. Odd.

They are also extremely petty in that context, and that the proseuution immediately employing a psych to evaluate him can also speak volumes to dictating a story to the MSM, at the height of Von D's fame, which conveniently paints Von D as a delusional con artist.

Add to this he was seemingly exonerated of those same 'crimes' in the early 80's (when interest in him was at its nadir) and your post looks more like it is making the OP's point.

As to the babelfish translation... ???? If you would please post the German text in its entireity I think we can manage a better one and start to get to the bottom of what is what here.

Also, I think our esteemed OP, Skyfloating, has access to books not published in U.S., where Von D adresses this. I, for one, would very much like to know what he has to say in his defense, and/or in response to his persecution.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join