It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

#1 Mars

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by NavalFC

Originally posted by angel of lightangelo

reply to post by angel of lightangelo

alive as in what? alive as in being taken seriously by anyone who matters and being given consideration? No.

Isn't it nice that you have a place like this where you can freely express your opinion?

indeed. I see it as a place where I can directly combat some nonsense from point of origin and stop its spread so that maybe just maybe one day the UFO phenomenon cant be approached from a scentific poit of view and be taken seriously

Basically what your saying is that all this important people that tuque care of our nation they wore joking about the UFO phenomena? this is why I wrote this comment on Page 7 cause people like you.

Skeptics already look stupid man, what better testimony than (P.Harry S. Truman, P.Gerald Ford, P.Reagan, P.Jimmy Carter, General Douglas MacArthur, Major Gordon Cooper, Stephen Hawkins, Astronaut Donal Slayton, Astronaut L.Gordon Cooper, John Lear, Robert Dean, Lt. Philips j. Corso) the list of all this high rank people goes on and on. still I didn't mention Police Off, Governors, School Teachers, Fisher men's, Doctors, and regular people like you and me. now do you think they look stupid now?
Did I mention The U.K-UFO disclosure? France, Peru, Spain, Russia, Skeptics should ask themselves this, what is so important up in space that India, China, Russia even Hugo Chavez is exploring out in space.

cause them phony digital photos from Mars? or the hoax on the Moon? why even with all this budget problems whe have in U.S today and still whe have money to spend on more missions out in space? (SPECIALY MARS) yea skeptics have all the answers. (THE WETHER BALLON, CGI or Bug in the cam lens's ) whe humans think that whe are on top of everything that there is no grater technology then ours and some think that we are alone in the Universe thats all "BULL" some think that whe evolutionized from the monkey but they don't believe in Big Foot so yea there a ho bunch of people that still think that our government looks out for our benefits and the future love ones as well. Well let me tell you this? why a war that we didn't need that cost the lives of thousand of our American troops and not to mention innocent people from Iraq and U.S... Hail P.Bush... Hail NASA YEA WAKE UP PEOPLE!!

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   

reply to post by RFBurns

are you joking? I am ALL OVER the place on this board. Im sorry I am not a God and can not post on all threads at once, If I could that would be awesome though

No Im not joking, and no you cetianly are not GOD by any means of the word or entity.

I love the other post too, out here to prevent the spread of bs. Well guess what, your WAY too late for that. Unless you are GOD, there isnt a thing you can do to prevent the flood of inquering minds. Now if that just jerks you to no end well I dont know if there is anything that can help with that, except maybe trying a little dose of home remidy "let them be".

So with one post you have in here, your on an agenda, a mission. A mission to stop the spread of freedom of thought and freedom of discussion about what MAY be. Seems like its almost a voodoo to you in how you react to these discussions. Quite hilarious at times too.

Afer reviewing several of your replies to these speculations, I think that in only 2 or 3, you actually provided some productive coutner points that made the discussion go forward. Too bad that didnt last long because behind all that smoke and puff puff, I think that you could really do some good out here. But thats up to you.

You are definately developing a reputation out here mighty fast. And from the review of others who have replied back to your colorful contributions, your not preventing anything other than preventing folks from actually paying attention to what you have to say because you say the same thing in every subject you post in...all within the forum "Aliens/UFO". I dont see you over at the politics forum or the NWO conspiracies forums, and countless others. You seem to stick to a particular forum or two, and its obvious with that, that your sole purpose is to target those forums specifically...and for what?...to prevent the spread of bs?

Heh, wishfull thinking there Naval. You are only adding more fuel to the fire, and the fire is now a huge bonfire and getting bigger.

I used to do the same crap your pulling at another forum years ago. And you know what, the end result was more determination by those seeking the truth. Why do you think this site is so popular? Not because of the debunking, but because of the discussions and the ideas and the discovery.

It is those like you that give the open minded that much more reason to dig deeper for that truth. If you seriously think that bullying your way through a forum is going to stop the flood of inquery, you might as well give it up while your WAY behind.

Im not saying that you should change your position on things, nor trying to convince you to move to the other side, tho you might find the air a bit more refreshing in an "open" room than one that is totally en"closed".

Well good luck with your agenda there.....your going to need a whole lot of it!

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

I stay within the UFO forum because i believe UFOs are actually something that deserves scientific scrutiny. NWO? heh. NWO is conspiracy created by pople who are paranoid and deluded. But UFOs. deserve study, but UFOs are a disgrace in the scientififc community because so much bullcrap spreads and has marred the image of UFO research.

Open minded? UFO proponents seem to have a warped idea of being open minded,
To them being open minded = believe everything we say otherwise your just a close minded skeptic not willing to see the evidence. They have said as much themselves here. true, I might not convince the true beleiver, who is going to believe there are secret government mars cover ups no matter how much scientific data says otherwise, but the middle grounds, the moderates,. those who arent too sure. if I can even show one of them, that rationality can and does prevail, and to use reason and logic and EVIDENCE instead of sensationalism, then that is on less person out spreading some of the nonsense, and If i made made adifference for that one, an the people he would have spread it to, then ive done my job.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
One of my main rules for the authenticity of a video is if it HAS to have weird music slapped on it, I wont be watching it. I DID however see the stupid Bigfoot on Mars photo while grabbing the slider and charging thru it with the sound off. Can I ask, once again, why, oh WHY no one gives a flying flip to the nice little pond in the right hand corner of the stupid photo? Do I have to find the photo and put a crayon circle around it, complete with arrows AND ALL CAPS LETTERING, and enough exclamation points to swear anyone off punctuation for life? Screw the blurry, pixilated junk. They're sending back clear enough photos with weird crap in them in glorious over done red color.

I'd give my right arm for a good, concise website that has clear, unfondled pictures of mars that shows anomalies... And without leading statements such as "This is THE GEAR, this is THE HOUSEWIFE"... And pointing to pictures so sharpened, if you look hard enough, you can see Popeye and Michael Jackson playing poker in the little blocks. No ridiculous, slow motion pans that get slower every pass, with theremin music supplied by some 60 year old druggie. Is it too much to ask?

*shuts up and stomps off*

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by angel of lightangelo

alive as in what? alive as in being taken seriously by anyone who matters and being given consideration? No.

Isn't it nice that you have a place like this where you can freely express your opinion?

indeed. I see it as a place where I can directly combat some nonsense from point of origin and stop its spread so that maybe just maybe one day the UFO phenomenon cant be approached from a scentific poit of view and be taken seriously

Ah yes, and it hardly gets more "scentific" than mythbusters eh? You believe we went to the moon. Cool, they convinced you. Not me. Sorry that bothers you so much but if you really feel it is important, feel free to start a thread or U2U me proving it once and for all. Otherwise, it seems all you really care about is being a jerk on a message board to people that do not think the way you do. It is funny since I starred so many of your posts in another thread, and I was the only one, and yet here you are just plaine being rude.

Do you really care about this or do you just like arguing on a board. If it really matters, prove it to me. If not, please do not bother being rude for no other reason than to do so.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   

when I argue on ATS i am not doing it for the sake of argument. I truly deep down want the scientifi conspiracy to take a look at the UFO phenomenon and study it, using the scientific method. but the scientific community wont touch it with 40 ft pole. Why? because its considered fringe. Why? becuse of the so many unfounded claims and conspiracies.

Some of them very disappointing. Like when Alien autopsy came out, I really truly deep down wanted it to be real. that would have been awesome and a great story, but as time went on and evidence came about i couldnt deny to my own self the obvious, that it was a clever hoax.
that is where the evidence pointed. I always felt that maybe if scientists studied the phneomenon, not just UFO researchers who right books, maybe an explanation could be achievd one way or another. So, the only way to get this to happen is to de--fringe the UFO phenomenon, which means exposing unfounded conspiracy theories.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by NavalFC

Then you should easily be able to understand this. As a kid, I really wanted to believe that we went to the moon. But as I grew and learned, and new information became available, saddly, I had to accept that it was no longer anywhere near 100% proven at all.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   
So basically they said it's not a face on mars because the dude contradicted himself, it's much more simple to be just a formation of erosion, and the higher resolution image doesn't show anything like the lower resolution image.

The high res image is total garbage. Blurring programs at their best.

How can you point out the obvious differences in the first and last image when they tamper with many images. Blur this blur that. Didn't debunk anything.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   

when I argue on ATS i am not doing it for the sake of argument. I truly deep down want the scientifi conspiracy to take a look at the UFO phenomenon and study it, using the scientific method. but the scientific community wont touch it with 40 ft pole. Why? because its considered fringe. Why? becuse of the so many unfounded claims and conspiracies.

This is where the scientific method is needed the most.

Some of them very disappointing. Like when Alien autopsy came out, I really truly deep down wanted it to be real. that would have been awesome and a great story, but as time went on and evidence came about i couldnt deny to my own self the obvious, that it was a clever hoax.
that is where the evidence pointed. I always felt that maybe if scientists studied the phneomenon, not just UFO researchers who right books, maybe an explanation could be achievd one way or another. So, the only way to get this to happen is to de--fringe the UFO phenomenon, which means exposing unfounded conspiracy theories.

You know, people are very inquisitive these days. They dont need their hand held to go peepee. In other words, they are smart enough to spot a hoax, a fabricated video, a faked picture, a wild claim with no evidence to back it up, and even smart enough to know the difference between something truely unusual vs something obviously bogus.

Scientists in the mainstream science community wont come near the subject matter because of the redicule they would face from all angles. And why is that? Simple. For the last 60 years, government has done quite a bit to discredit, derail and even have some loose their careers over the subject. All they did was spend decades telling the public that its just swamp gas, Venus, mist, flock of high flying birds, weather ballons.

The scientists are not going to take the risk of becoming the next laughing stock of the mainstream community because there is active elements that cause the ridicule in order to maintain the secrecy of the subjects. Why? Last time I heard was because of some stupid National Security reason.

What is so vital to keep secret about space, UFO's aliens, ruins, artifacts that would jepordize the national security? Absolutely nothing at all! The only security it threatens is the control of society they have over us, keeping us down here on the planet while they spend all our money looking at neat stuff and building things and expecting today's society to accept the mudane explanation of swamp gas and rocks.

Some have even said the reason for secrecy is because of the religious implications. Everytime I hear this, I think of the scene from the 1950's movie "War Of The Worlds", when the preacher makes the statement "If they are highly advanced, they must be nearer the creator for that reason". Of course in this production, he is killed by the invading Martians in their black and green machines. Again I always keep in mind, that if these visitors wanted to take us out, that would have happend a long time ago.

All these sightings going on lately, some of which couldnt hold water much less hold up a craft in mid air. But not all of them are fake, hoaxes or elaborate CGI animations. Some of them are actual visitations, encounters, experiences. And it is increasing.

If these things were a threat to anyone, our clocks would have been cleaned a very long time ago. If there was any speicies that was posing a threat, it is US that poses the threat. We launch missile capable satellites up into orbit and park them there, easily swung around to aim not down at Earth, but outward towards them. Our primative "tribal warfare" traits is what is a threat to them. They do not pose any threat to us what so ever.

These signtings, encounters and videos are only going to increase as each day goes by. And again, not all of them are hoaxes. Other nations are going into space, they will discover what NASA and DOD already know, and WILL announce it to their people, as well as the world. And even tho it might sound unlikely, it very well could come down to them out there comming in masses to make themselves known.

Instead of a gradual education process to these things, government, and NASA, has hidden these things for too long. Now its going to be a "crash course" in disclosure. If there was anything that could cause a panic, a "War Of The Worlds" scenario, a crash course in meeting ET would do it.

The Brookings report was right for its time. The mindset of the people were not as sophisticated as they are today. The concept of what the Brookings report and its reasons are antiquated, just as antiquated as the horse and buggy. It is a relic. The concept of its conclusions is a relic. The reasons within it are a relic. The secrecy is a relic.

Its time to put humanity where it rightfully belongs.

Hopefully that will happen before someone else...like them out there, are the ones that end up educating us.

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 10-12-2008 by RFBurns]

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by NavalFC

the spce probes on their own? no. the photos and data the collect are interpeted by people trained to do so.

So, you are actually saying that these people working for NASA, are getting data that they can interpret as 'a former civilization has lived here' or 'no earlier civilization has lived here'.
Now you are really stretching these things a bit thin you know.

which is where these mars photos come in. The preimise of this thread regarding mars photos, people try to make things out in them to be things they are not.

As i said, people are guessing what things are from what they look to be.
Hmm, quite similar to the procedures that NASA uses actually.
It's not an entirely accurate method.

this "well nobody really knows" crap that your playing is scientififcally dishonest because yes,science does know and has proven this.

Please, since it has been proven, it would be very kind of you to tell us which magazine, url where we can read this proof is located.
It would give me closure, it would stop me from spewing this "crap" as you call it.

Oh, just so i do not forget, now i dont want an opinion or some guessing from a scientist.
But proof, as in, close up pictures of the 'objects', scrapings, test samples from these 'objects'.

your attempting to take everything we have learned over the years and marginalize it in support of this wild argument, and its nonsense.

Really...
Just to make some things clear, i'm not supporting anything here.
And what we do know? Haha, that is so very little.
From one day to another the NASA scientists can't even agree on if microbes could survive on mars, or if they already exist there.

This what you call nonsense, is the Truth.
Have a nice day.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by NavalFC

I am still looking for intelligent life on earth. Nothing yet. I think it's possible there is some on Mars.

Anything the government promotes or ducks would be well to question.

Since you mentioned evolution: It's mathematically impossible even with a trillion years for a few amino acids floating around in a swamp to gather together to make a single celled organism. Now there are millions of types of life on earth. That means trillions X trillions of parallel transformations within DNA and cells among all the separate species would have to have taken place over a period of time. Well, an eternity would not give you enough time for that. Believing evolution is like believing that if you watched the snow on an off air television set the electrons would eventually form a picture of my naked wife! You only wish...LOL

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
That bad astronomy site shows some flaws of Hoagland but has it discredited the moon anomolies or the links in geometry?

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Awoken One

Links in geomettry? so your just going to spew some nonsene that was fed to you. Do you realize whatkind of nonsense that is? if you took a photo of the rockie mountains above the earth and started drawing lines from peak to peak and mking shapes, you could find all sorts of "geometrical relationships" because of the sheer numbers of combinations of lines you could have! that doesnt make it proof that the rockies were artifical structures though!

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Matrix

Since you mentioned evolution: It's mathematically impossible even with a trillion years for a few amino acids floating around in a swamp to gather together to make a single celled organism.

you are going to find that i am nothing close to a skeptic. The opposite, actually.

But i would like to disagree with the above statement. It is not mathematically impossible, or even improbable. Reality, by its very nature, is fractal in design. Molecules and atoms tend to piece themselves together in certain ways. This seems to be frequent, and always happens. The "evolution" of simple organisms, it would seem to me, are the rule and not the exception.

I believe evolution is over blown, and represents (at best) genetic drift. However, I do believe that simple life forms anywhere that you find the molecules to arrange themselves into their predetermined order. Simple, basic chemistry.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by NavalFC

I would say that for your premise to work, you might want to take a few minutes to provide geometric links for the Rockies.

What Hoagland has shown regarding Cydonia IS interesting, and worthy of at least noting in case it becomes pertinent at some point in the future.

That IS what science is, right? You don't just discard what you deem as poppycock for the simple sake of discarding it?

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Links in geomettry? so your just going to spew some nonsene that was fed to you. Do you realize whatkind of nonsense that is? if you took a photo of the rockie mountains above the earth and started drawing lines from peak to peak and mking shapes, you could find all sorts of "geometrical relationships" because of the sheer numbers of combinations of lines you could have! that doesnt make it proof that the rockies were artifical structures though!

The sine of one location..ie Giza..is equal to the cosine of the other..ie Cydonia. What most dont understand about RCH's linking of Cydonia to Giza, is the fact that he started with the geometrical equations at Giza, and then worked with the geometrical equations at Cydonia. It was only when he had completed both independantly of each other, that the match was discovered. He isnt the only one to find that conclusion either.

Its a bit impossible to call it a result of just putting down lines and making up geometrical calculations when the studies were independant of each other and occured at completely different times. He has stated that fact time and time again. But when no one listens to the facts about how he found the results, its easy to just blow it off and call it nonsense.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   

reply to post by RFBurns

acually., yes you can. Math is the universal language, saying things like "ts on exactly 63 grid point" doesnt make it evidence. I could go into a gravel pit and compute the radius of a imaginary circle betwen some rocks and facotr all sorts of things in, but it doesnt make it anything more then gravel.
This makes absolutely no sense. Yes, it's just gravel, but you, and intelligent being, created man-made formations with mere gravel. That's exactly what the people researching Cydonia are talking about. If the rocks and soil were left alone, then it would be just that, rocks and soil, but those rocks and soil on Mars shows geometrical shapes and designs that most definetly does not look natural. This then begs the question: Did intelligent beings create those shapes and designs? Such as what you did with the gravel. You lost all credability with this statement and it clearly shows you're grasping at straws.

For the sake of argument, lets say you did put geometrical shapes and designs in the gravel. Then some curious creature on mars with a high-powered telescope zoomed in to the spot that you created geometrical shapes. Yes, it's just gravel but would the creature be wrong if it said that an intelligent being created those geometrical shapes?

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Solo954

Looks god. Spelling could be improved.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join