It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

#1 Mars

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 04:00 AM
link   
You guys read this yet

Science news

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 05:15 AM
link   
all these NASA TRUSTERS
"we trust nasa"
"we trust nasa"
i wouldnt trust nasa to tell me the weather
yeah they put junk up there
then lie to us about the results
meanwhile use that junk we paid for for their agendas
NASA needs to be REVOKED and
some other agency needs to take up the reins
they have failed BADLY
and now that its leaked out
all i hear is "DEBUNK"
"DEBUNK"
debunk this GUY:
video.google.com...

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by GRANDWORLDDRAMA

you will find said tripe debunked on the mars section of badastronomy.com

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by NavalFC

Don't even mention bad astronomy here, that is all of these liars' Kryptonite. That can't handle a site with actual knowledge.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Skeptics already look stupid, what better testimony than (P.Harry S. Truman, P.Gerald Ford, P.Reagan, P.Jimmy Carter, General Douglas MacArthur, Major Gordon Cooper, Stephen Hawkins, Astronaut Donal Slayton, Astronaut L.Gordon Cooper, John Lear, Robert Dean, Lt. Philips j. Corso) the list is huge, they all seen UFO and ET life form, here and out of earth. still i didn't mention Police Off, Governors, School Teachers, Fisher men's, Doctors, and regular people like you and me. now do you think they look stupid now?

Did I mention The U.K-UFO disclosure? as well as France, Peru, Spain, Russia. Skeptics should ask themselves this, what is so important up in space that even India, China and Hugo Chavez are exploring in the outside of this earth. them phony digital photos from Mars? or the hoax on the Moon? why even with all this budget problems whe have in U.S today and still whe have money to spend on more missions out in space? (specially on Mars) yea skeptics have all the answers. (THE WETHER BALLON)

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by NavalFC
reply to post by Solo954

Been debunked. badastronomy.com has a good section on this and I posted videos in another threa dabout an effect called Pareidollia by where our mind maks patterns in things.

Also, pictures on cave walls and paintings does not indicate they had advanced technology back in ancient times. The vast majority of tese foolish ideas are proposed by people wo have no clue as to the symbolism and what the various symbols of ancient texts and heiroglyphs meant. Another good example for this is the mis interpretation of symbols that some use to try and push the Niburu bullcrap.

I wish the Mars currently-inhabited proponents would bother to do some research instead of just ooooo'ing and ahhh'ing at some pictures which are mistaken for evidence of complex and intelligent life on mars.

It is pure bull.

Maybe things are being debunked using our current science.
WHAT IF our science and understanding is unfinished and flawed. Then so would the debunking. And since much of what we " know " is just best guess by experts, then we can't act as thought the debunking's are the end all be all.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I have listened to the bad astronomer and Richard Hoagland for many years.

Badastronomy.com does not have the last word on what the truth is.

They do have researchers to find plausible explanations for what they find in things from the various space programs.

They tend as a policy to toe the official line that fits the prevalent theory that we are and always have been alone in the universe. Dr. Phil Plait the bad astronomer serves as president of the James Randi Educational Foundation.They do find things that can be explained. They also find things that will take a closer examination to determine one way or the other. Having first access to the big equipment does not make them more correct than others who are also using scientific method and logic.

Both Richard Hoagland and the bad astronomer have to use the scientific method to present their theories. Richard Hoagland has credibility in his presentations as well.

Many more people can put together videos showing more anomalies because there are so many of them. There is absolute proof that NASA has covered up facts and lied to the public. After all NASA is a defense and not a civilian agency.

It would be good for potential U-Tube makers to study the ATS site and avoid the most explainable things. It would also be good to derive some videos from "Dark Mission" and the original NASA or China Space Program data. Credit and permission from Richard Hoagland may be advisable in that effort.

If you were studying physics for a PhD you would have to learn and regurgitate the standard text and party line first. Then you would have to contribute something new in order to get the degree.

Science can not survive on the textbook. For a real education you must question authority.

"...known only by your HAL-9000 computer. Now that your crew is awake..." - Mission Controll

[edit on 5-12-2008 by free-energy]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by free-energy

Hoagland has zero credibility, using faked photos, false colors added BY HIM to the photos, etc.

Its bunk.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Hoagland has zero credibility, using faked photos, false colors added BY HIM to the photos, etc.

Its bunk.

and you are entitled to your opinion.

If bad astronomy wants my respect, they will stop banning people who disagree with them, and they will engage the people that they wish to refute (not the stories, as refuting stories doesn't allow for discourse and makes theirs a one sided arguement).

What you call "debunked" may not jive with others.

Another thing: if you are trying to make people believe you, you should leave the attitude out. The way in which I have seen you engage fellow ATSers is certainly not going to endear me to you or your arguments.
Brow beating is a tool used by the ignorant.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Opinion? maybe so but quite invalid as all evidence shows. Opinion is one thing but Hoagland and other sources of ignorance spreading their junk and poisoning the minds of those who dont otherwise know better and simply believe..that is how scientific ignorance spreads abd becomes almost religous dogma, and I will speak up against it where ever rises up, for the only way to stop it from spreading like a virus, is to kill it when ever it rises up, then and their.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by NavalFC

Thought I could still dig a little bit more deeper in my pocket.

New Map Provides More Evidence Mars Once Like Earth

NASA scientists have discovered additional evidence that Mars once underwent plate tectonics, slow movement of the planet's crust, like the present-day Earth. A new map of Mars' magnetic field made by the Mars Global Surveyor spacecraft reveals a world whose history was shaped by great crustal plates being pulled apart or smashed together.

Provided by your trusted website: Nasa.Gov

I believe if Mars once acted in a way of Earth, then why must not evolution take place like Earth? There's alot of debate circling the theory that UFO's have now built UFO bases on Mars and their exists "ugly critters running around Europa".

There's also A LOT of speculation that WE are the actual aliens.

Edit - Added Video

[edit on 6-12-2008 by Solo954]

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Opinion? maybe so but quite invalid as all evidence shows.

LOL, i couldn't have said it better myself.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Solo954

yes Mars was once like Earth most likely. flowing water and such

Howver just because a planet was once like Earth does not mean it harbored intelligent beings. Consider the fact that modern man has only been around 175,000 years if memory serves me right. It took the billions of years up until then for us to evovle. Mars, was made a dead planet long ago when something cause its magnetic field to collapse and fail. This resulted in the planet being exposed to radiation and solar wind, which erroded its atmosphere and eroded its oceans , which killed any primitve life forms that were there as well.

However there is no evidence of any INTELLIGENT civilization ever having evolved on mars and indeed given the time line their may have been in suffiecient time for this to happen. your "photos" and "videos" are mis perceptions, hoaxes and frauds as the sites ie linked you to point out.

Take into consideration wha would happen if the same thing happened to Earth now, and then a million years later some other civilization sent a probe to Earth. the evidence would be so over whelming, you wouldnt have to try and make patterns in pictures, or add false color to them thatw asnt the real color as oagland has done or any of these other visual tricks. The evidence would stand clear as day that earth was once inhabited by an intelligent civilization.

The same can not be said for Mars, because it wast. Mars may very well have had primitve life, but nothng like us.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   

i dont know where you get your information about Hoaglund.. he has lost all crediblity with the ufo network a long time ago.. im surprised he hasnt changed his name yet. but all the credible ufo sites dont give him any credence at all.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I've seen about 90% of that video been debunked before.
The "Air plains" and the Mars face that was only seen in black and white low-res.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by NavalFC

So, lets look at this from my perspective:

Consider the fact that modern man has only been around 175,000 years if memory serves me right.

That is one belief. But nothing to prove it. So it isn't "fact", just "conjecture".

It took the billions of years up until then for us to evovle.

Once again, not fact, just conjecture.

Mars, was made a dead planet long ago when something cause its magnetic field to collapse and fail.

again, not fact. Conjecture.

This resulted in the planet being exposed to radiation and solar wind, which erroded its atmosphere and eroded its oceans , which killed any primitve life forms that were there as well.

That is a HUUUUGE leap. You ARE aware that on Earth we have lifeforms that live on the fuel cells of nuclear reactors? How do you know the oceans eroded, vs. being absorbed into the planet? And you ARE aware that "solar wind" is actually largely comprised of negative ions? Electrolysis could then happen, as water was broken apart into hydrogen and oxygen.

However there is no evidence of any INTELLIGENT civilization ever having evolved on mars and indeed given the time line their may have been in suffiecient time for this to happen.

Conjecture. You have no idea how long it would take life to "evolve" (if evolution is even a fact, and not just more conjecture).

your "photos" and "videos" are mis perceptions, hoaxes and frauds as the sites ie linked you to point out.

Some certainly are. And many others could be the evidence that you so crave.

Take into consideration wha would happen if the same thing happened to Earth now, and then a million years later some other civilization sent a probe to Earth. the evidence would be so over whelming, you wouldnt have to try and make patterns in pictures, or add false color to them thatw asnt the real color as oagland has done or any of these other visual tricks. The evidence would stand clear as day that earth was once inhabited by an intelligent civilization.

Using the same science you use (as shown on the History Channel), i would say you are wrong. Much of what we have done would unravel within 10k years. There would be little trace of us left by then. Add in cataclysmic change (something caused Valles Marineris and Mons Olympus, after all), and that could be hastened considerably.

Seems as though you are playing both sides of the sword here.

The same can not be said for Mars, because it wast. Mars may very well have had primitve life, but nothng like us.

And the Earth was certainly, at one time, flat.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I can only agree with bfft!

There is no evidence for anything, there is no "debunking".
You can not debunk anything that has no facts, but are only conjecture from the begining.

There could have been intelligent life on mars, or mars have never harbored anything more than microorganisms.

This is what we know about Mars today, it is in all posibility a very dead planet.
With all the pictures that we see, we really do not know what is on them.
Eyes are easily fooled.

Or it could be that what our eyes see, is exactly that.

Now stop claiming that mars pictures have been "debunked", when it is impossible to do so.

I wonder... Too much baileys?

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by NavalFC

So, lets look at this from my perspective:

Consider the fact that modern man has only been around 175,000 years if memory serves me right.

That is one belief. But nothing to prove it. So it isn't "fact", just "conjecture".

It took the billions of years up until then for us to evovle.

Once again, not fact, just conjecture.

Mars, was made a dead planet long ago when something cause its magnetic field to collapse and fail.

again, not fact. Conjecture.

This resulted in the planet being exposed to radiation and solar wind, which erroded its atmosphere and eroded its oceans , which killed any primitve life forms that were there as well.

That is a HUUUUGE leap. You ARE aware that on Earth we have lifeforms that live on the fuel cells of nuclear reactors? How do you know the oceans eroded, vs. being absorbed into the planet? And you ARE aware that "solar wind" is actually largely comprised of negative ions? Electrolysis could then happen, as water was broken apart into hydrogen and oxygen.

However there is no evidence of any INTELLIGENT civilization ever having evolved on mars and indeed given the time line their may have been in suffiecient time for this to happen.

Conjecture. You have no idea how long it would take life to "evolve" (if evolution is even a fact, and not just more conjecture).

your "photos" and "videos" are mis perceptions, hoaxes and frauds as the sites ie linked you to point out.

Some certainly are. And many others could be the evidence that you so crave.

Using the same science you use (as shown on the History Channel), i would say you are wrong. Much of what we have done would unravel within 10k years. There would be little trace of us left by then. Add in cataclysmic change (something caused Valles Marineris and Mons Olympus, after all), and that could be hastened considerably.

Seems as though you are playing both sides of the sword here.

And the Earth was certainly, at one time, flat.

Do you even know what conjecture means? Something tells me you dont:
Pronunciation
noun, verb, -tured, -tur⋅ing.
–noun 1. the formation or expression of an opinion or theory without sufficient evidence for proof.
2. an opinion or theory so formed or expressed; guess; speculation.
3. Obsolete. the interpretation of signs or omens.

Nothing of what I said is conjecture.

First lets start with evolution, yes evolution is a proven fact.
I know what your going to say "but its only a theory"
Well, what you and many others seem to forget is that te word theory in Science means something much different then the word theory in normal speak between people. The only way it could be consiered any stronger in scientific terms is if it were the law of evolution, a term reserved fr things that are able to be expressed through mathematics. The gross majoririty of the scientific world considers evolution a PROVEN FACT no matte how much people like otherwise, an HAS manage to trace back the lineage of evolution completely from the origin of life to sea creatures to land creatures to us. And contrary to what creatonists try to push, the fossil record is chalk full of transitional fossils illustrating a clear line of descent, and indeed the genetic record is as well, as by examining chromosonal fusion, retro viral integration and other things from the genetic record science has established a common decent. So trying to say that "evolution i just a theory" or "hasnt been proven" is bull#. and dare I say, CONJECTURE..especially when evolution is still occuring to this day

Now onto Mars, yes a planet losing its magentic field would cause the effects described. Trying to say the solar wind is just negative ions is foolish, as the solar wind does have an effect on un protected things. Its called the solar wind for a reason and our magneitc field is what protects us from Solar wind, and from the Suns radiation. Infact in areas on Earth where the magentic field is weakest you can see a phenomenon called aurora, whre the sky is filled with lots of colors as cosmic rays from the sun strike the Earths atmosphere..

And we know ths happened on mars, why? its called evidence. using measurments from ancient martian meteotrites that have landed on Earth we have established that at one time Mars had a strong magneic field, and this coincides to the period of time when Mars would have been an Earth-like planet.
Furthermore, the asertion that the same thing that happens on Mars would leave the Earthbare in 10,000 years.. That is pure nonsense as man man made structures have survived thousands upon thousands of years, such a structures and objects from ancient egypt, ancient messopotamia and sumeria and ancient grease.

Especially if the Earth had no atmosphere after the solar wind took it and our oceans were gone. Without oxygen oxyidation and rusting of metal can not occur and thus metals such as steel and others wont be broken down.

Biological material such as human remains and such would likely have been long gone, but however evidence of our civilization would remain well beyond that, and indeed if someone did come here, he evidence of us would be CLEAR. You wouldnt need to find little pictures in pattern and such BS as people do with mars. The science is very clear

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Balez
I can only agree with bfft!

There is no evidence for anything, there is no "debunking".
You can not debunk anything that has no facts, but are only conjecture from the begining.

There could have been intelligent life on mars, or mars have never harbored anything more than microorganisms.

This is what we know about Mars today, it is in all posibility a very dead planet.
With all the pictures that we see, we really do not know what is on them.
Eyes are easily fooled.

Or it could be that what our eyes see, is exactly that.

Now stop claiming that mars pictures have been "debunked", when it is impossible to do so.

I wonder... Too much baileys?

well you and him need to actually do some research, as their is plenty of evidence as I just cited in my response to bfft
Just because the evidence points to a conclusion that YOU dont like doesnt mean its just conjecture. That is a logical fallacy and oneoften used b creationits in the ID debate "the evidence doesnt agree with me so Ill just dismiss it!"

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by NavalFC

The Mars science laboratory mission was rescheduled to 2011.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join