It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake Swarm Continues Near Puerto Rico; Could Be Source for US East Coast Tsunami

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
fourwinds10.com...

I am not a scientist nor do I have any idea of earthquake trends and analysis. Can some of the educated ones take a stab on some possible scenarios with the data from this site?

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by solarstorm

I found an article regarding this topic on the USGS website.

The area northeast of Puerto Rico is characterized by frequent swarms of seismic tremors lasting a week or two at a time. One such swarm in 2001 included three earthquakes with moment magnitudes of 5.5 to 6. Although the cause of these recurring swarms is unknown, a study of earthquake hypocenters (points where earthquake ruptures begin), using data from OBSes deployed by the USGS in 2005, suggests that the tremors originate along the subduction zone between the North American and Caribbean tectonic plates.

source

I was unaware this region was so seismically active.

If confirmed by analysis of the recently acquired OBS data, the locations of the tremors at the plate interface may have profound implications about the capability of the Puerto Rico Trench to generate large earthquakes. Additionally, the tectonic setting of the Puerto Rico Trench is sometimes compared to that of the Sumatra subduction zone, the site of the earthquake that triggered the devastating Indian Ocean tsunami of December 2004. This similarity has caused great interest in the assessment of potential tsunami hazard to the United States east coast and the northeastern Caribbean from a large subduction-zone earthquake along the Puerto Rico Trench.

All five OBSes recorded data during the entire 6-month deployment. As it happened, the region was unusually active, with three swarms and at least 518 earthquakes. The OBS data are currently being merged with seismic data recorded on land in Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands...

I'm no scientist, but I did have a vivid dream four nights ago (while I was staying at a Holiday Inn Express
) in which I saw massive waves crashing on the beach of what I was told was Aruba. That is what drew my attention to this thread.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Well I've been monitoring the USGS website periodically over the last few days and most of the world's recent quakes have taken place in Puerto Rico up through mainland North America - middle America, the west coast, and up through Canada to Alaska.

I've also been monitoring the 'Princeton Eggs' which supposedly keeps track of changes in the global collective consciousness:

noosphere.princeton.edu...

About 20 minutes ago it briefly turned red - I just checked USGS, and there was a 6.2 on the east coast of Honshu, Japan.

USGS site
Honshu, Japan quake details

This is one of many instances recently where I've noticed a correlation between a shift to the red and a 6+ earthquake somewhere in the world.

I'm sure you're aware of the 'web-bots' as well and the extensive ATS coverage of that topic. If not, it's worth researching as well as the Princeton Eggs and Timewave Zero - it's all related.

[edit on 3/12/08 by Evasius]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Icarus Rising

Ahhhh, the classic HI Express dreams......Isn't there a thread about the satanic connections with HI Express? Aren't there ATS'ers that are sure that there are are horrible dream machines installed in all HI Express properties because they read it on Wiki? LOL

top topics

join