It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chrysler Executive Uses the

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   

"We're on the brink with the U.S. auto manufacturing industry," Press told The Associated Press in an interview. "If we have a catastrophic failure of one of these car companies, in this tender environment for the economy, it's a huge blow. It could trigger a depression."

(Associated Press) Chrysler executive warns of depression if a large US automaker fails.

Grain of salt, of course. They are asking for US taxpayer money, after all. Still, it's interesting to hear the meme creeping into the media that this is a recession teetering on the brink of a depression. I think that's a considerable divergence from the more vague "Is this like 1929?!?" hype and actually a bit more concerning. Who thinks the failure of a large US automaker could be the critical mass in this scenario?

[edit on 3-12-2008 by JohnnyElohim]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Most people use "the" if they speak English or French or whatever...what are you talking about?

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

I had a title mishap. It was originally supposed to be "Chrysler Executive Uses the D Word" or some variant thereof. I had quotation marks originally, which I think started a cycle of vicious evil that ultimately rendered the title of the thread more than a bit vague. Sorry about that. I tried to modify the post to segue a little bit more clearly...

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Chrysler shouldn't be asking for nothing. They are now a German owned company right. So, we shouldn't even be talking to them about lending them money. It says that if one of the 3 goes then it will put us in a depression. I thought that we have a foot in the door of the depression already. We are just waiting for everyone to realize it.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I don't wanna sound like a jerk but if depression is all I have to go thru to make sure these rich scumbags get whats coming to them then I say let it happen.We are waaaay past gasoline powered cars anyways.Let them fold and as always a new one will take its place...its the nature of business.
Maybe we will be able to get a car that doesn't give off carbon minoxide and the stinky fumes.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by isa75
Chrysler shouldn't be asking for nothing. They are now a German owned company right.

No, The Germans had to pay a lot of money to dump them off to a U.S. investment group (so they are U.S. owned now). Either way, out of the 3 auto makers, Chrysler is the least deserving.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Why should any of them be deserving of a bailout? It is not the taxpayer's fault they built so many vehicles that no one wants and cannot compete with prices of imports and weak exports.

Let them all fail and take a dump.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyElohim

Well then it should be the "Dunce" word, for they failed to not choke down the oil industry/making masters happy.

Remember this ride?

It inspired the Mustang/Pinto.

Prudence has never been their best quality. Let them fail.

[edit on 3-12-2008 by pluckynoonez]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Let them fail, indeed

And fail they shall, bailout or no...

Three cheers for true competition!!!

Where are the Demings and Tuckers of the world??

[edit on 3-12-2008 by RolandBrichter]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Here is a pic of a 72 roadrunner that is very similar to mine, except mine has a supercharger sticking out of the hood..426 hemi 5speed 12blt positrack. Same color scheme and rim/tire type.

If only they made em like this..I would be willing to go along with a bailout.

This is 100 percent pure breed American MOPAR!!!!

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 3-12-2008 by RFBurns]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
If they want folks to buy cars they should go back to the middle 60's to the midle 70's and build thosecars again. Who wants an turtle shell with wheels.I used to be able to identify almost any car at night mearly by knowing what the head lights lookedlike. Now they all have the same lights and grills and even if they do handle better they are just slugs in design and frills!
Zindo

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Another pure breed American beauty.

1969 Challenger

If the automakers really want us to buy their vehicles, they would stop making them like they do and go back to real steel body components, real raw horsepower and REAL style!!!

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 3-12-2008 by RFBurns]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I also enjoy the original stangs of the golden era of American muscle cars.

Now THAT's true American engineering!!!

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
And last but not least...the mighty 69 Chevy Camaro SS!

Ahh...the good ol days. Nothing can compare....NOTHING!!!!

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Heres my one true love my junior year: Had 400 ram air, 4 Spd. white leather interior:

i278.photobucket.com...

Zindo

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

Beauty!! Just beautiful! Why cant these automakers make cars like this anymore?!!! Its a shame!! Where is my GTO!!!

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I've been a Mopar head for the last 15 yrs.......Just Liquidated the herd.....67' Barracuda, 67' Dart Convertible, 69' Newport Convertible.....all gone.....the collector car market is on the death spiral too....02c

new topics

top topics

join