It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Bush to receive 'international medal of peace'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
How are you people going to feel about Obama when he sends troops blazing into Afghanistan and Iran? You know it is inevitable because he, like every other president, has no control over the situation. Afghanistan has all the makings for a disaster. Urban fighting in Iraq doesn't compare to the challenging terrain of Afghanistan.

Obama promised to end the US war in the middle east.. this was a lie. There is no way to end this war without completely destabilizing the oil fields.

This war will ruin US military dominance in the coming decade.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Just wondering. If Obama nukes Iran does he get one of these peace medals too?

reply to post by jibeho

How are you people going to feel about Obama when he sends troops blazing into Afghanistan and Iran? You know it is inevitable because he, like every other president, has no control over the situation.

There does seem to be a certain sickening inevitability about all this:
Barak Obama plans 20,000 troop surge in Afghanistan

I for one find such news most disturbing.

[edit on 4/12/08 by pause4thought]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

George Bush freed 50 million Muslims from the oppression of evil regimes. He most certainly deserves this award. And several years from now, when Iraq is a peaceful and free democracy and Afghanistan is on the same path, history will vindicate Bush. And just as you did after the fall of Saigon, liberals will try to re-write history and ignore the role they played in undermining this nation and its efforts for peace and democracy.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
didn't oul Yasser win a Nobel peace prize, these things are generally debased

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13
reply to post by Dermo

George Bush freed 50 million Muslims from the oppression of evil regimes. He most certainly deserves this award. And several years from now, when Iraq is a peaceful and free democracy and Afghanistan is on the same path, history will vindicate Bush. And just as you did after the fall of Saigon, liberals will try to re-write history and ignore the role they played in undermining this nation and its efforts for peace and democracy.

Good one

Did you ever think of doing stand up? You crack me up..

Mod Edit

Mod Note: One Line / Off Topic Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 4-12-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13
as you did after the fall of Saigon, liberals will try to re-write history and ignore the role

This is news to me? I tried to rewrite history?? Im from ireland.. why would i care about the fall of Saigon?

You yanks get more and more insane every day.. i love it.

Anywho.. back to the original point.

George Bush did not set out to "Free the Muslims" - it was a "Terror" war.

He only invaded Iraq when they changed their oil from petrodollar to eurodollar.

Even the "War on terror" was shaky at best.

Why Afghanistan first? Because Bin Laden is there.. obviously... NO! It was the easiest middle eastern country to create a base in.. next stop.. Oil.

Please don't give me all that patriotic rubbish. Seriously, please .. im sick and tired of listening to that brainwashed propagandist sh^t. The USofA doesn't do ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING by the grace of God. Realize that.

[edit on 4/12/08 by Dermo]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
ROFLMAO!!111!1

This must be some kind of a joke, the guys spents trillions of dollars on everything from space laser weapons to railguns, high tech bombs and pretty much ran a war his entire term in office... and he gets an award for peace... what a piece of _____!

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
A convoluted award given as an gesture to the ignorant masses who will hear of the story and let it seep into their small brains that Bush was a valid President.

Damage Control for the Prolatariat in my opinion.

I think I'm going to start lying as it doesn't appear to be a character trait that fails to gain attention, money and reward...

So well said MS!!!

Ive found this in my life much too, and many people I think who stand up for the right thing, are Honest & do the right thing seem to suffer from it, whilst the opposite is true as you state for People like Bush....

Ahh but it s all the Devil's trap and illusion / Maya and is not the Big Prize!

He gets a medal on this plane but I am sure he will be given a Key to a different door than peace on his passing?

So well said MS

This made me really and not just normal internet BullS~~~ nearly choke on my coffee when I just logged on and looked ay My ATS and saw the Headline

Elf.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
*** Attention ****

Please remain on topic.

Also remember, no profanity or circumventing the censor.

Lastly - remain civil towards other members.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
More like PEACE -of-# lol.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
In my opinion this silly excuse for a medal should be an embarrassment not only to Bush but to the evangelical church/minister that came up with it. Its such a bold faced attempt at manipulating public opinion that hopefully it will disgust even some of those gullible parishioners who up to now have allowed themselves to be duped every week by that swindler.
God, you gotta wonder when will they ever wake up and smell the stench of that crap they've been handed every week??
I mean, if they don't see thru this then its hopeless.

edit to remove xtra "have"

[edit on 4-12-2008 by wayno]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by wayno

Being a believer myself I suppose I'd better respond.

At the end of the day we're all different. Some believers have their critical faculties awake, others less so. It also has to be said that to avoid a patronizing attitude I have to accept the pastor in question & those who go along with this award will have sincere motives, even if I find the whole debacle outrageous.

...Which I do.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Hilarious!

I havn't read all of the replies here, but after reading the first few I have to ask.. you guys do know what an Imp is right?

Imp–noun 1. a little devil or demon; an evil spirit.

International Medal of Peace

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

To be sure, we are all different.
I do not mean to lump together all believers or even church-goers.
There does seem to be a group, birds of a feather so to speak, who have in common:
- belonging to an evangelical church
- far right wing politics,
- no independent sense of reasoning/aura of having been brainwashed
- and extremely ironic sense of "morality"

Anyway, this minister and this church fit that generalization. I have a hard time believing their supposed sense of what's right has any base whatsoever in ethics or morality, but in something far more sinister.
How could anything/anyone so aligned with the Bushes be moral in the least?

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
George Bush to receive 'international medal of peace'?

Whilst we're at it lets posthumously award Jeffrey Dahlmer the citizen of the year award.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I am not a Bush fan, but I have no problem with him receiving this prize.

Most of the vitriol flung at Bush, even by the likes of many here, is unfounded and misguided. He's an easy target that isn't to blame for much of what you think he is.

He's no saint, but if Al Gore can get the Nobel Peace prize over the likes of Irena Sendler, Bush getting this prize is nothing.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Judge a man on his actions, not what you expect his actions to be.

Obama hasn't done anything as president yet. So let's all wait to see what he does before starting.

As for the "International" aspect, it's just like your "world series", a lot of Americans think they are the only ones on Earth

/lol

And I'm all up for the N.A.Z.I medal idea, now that would truly be international.

As for those defending Bush...
Simply using the acronym PEACE is a joke and an insult in itself. Why don't you go and ask all the Iraqi and Afghan people how they feel about awarding this man a medal? Ignore your propaganda news of happy smiling people who have been "freed" from the evil rule of Saddam.
Yes he was bad, but it takes the people to rise up against a dictator, not a foreign power.

I'm sure the families of the thousands of innocent people murdered by Bush will love to hear this news. It's not inappropriate at all.

Either way, Bush will go down in history as an idiotic, war mongering, irresponsible puppet of corporate greed.
There is no way a preposterous medal will change that.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I'm going to give him the medal of LOVE
L= Level any country that has oil to steal
O= Open the wounds of all you torture
V= Vanish anyone who speaks the truth about you
E= Eliminate America's standing of good will.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join