It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Bush to receive 'international medal of peace'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

This is not funny. This thread is not funny. And Bush getting a prize is not funny.

I really don't have the leeway to disect your sarcasm on this board. Please don't take it personal.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mind is the universe

Tell me what award isn't a publicity stunt. The only awards I could say that are not publicity stunts are the ones given, like to our troops, where there are no cameras to glorify the event so that the person giving the award gets about the same amount of attention as the person receiving the award. Is slowing down or educating people about the dangers of HIV/AIDS not important at least till we find a cure?

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
This is an April Fools Day joke, right?

This man has contributed/colluded to nearly as many deaths as Adolf Hitler. He should be ranked alongside other despots such as Pol Pot, Hitler and Stalin.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

LOL,

My first reaction when I read the headline was 'WHAT'????????? NO!!!!

I was ready to put in all kinds of exclamation marks and possibly get in trouble for foul language symbols, to show my complete dismay and bewilderment at Bush getting ANY medal! Except a few I won't dare say here!

So, good going, you got me with your headline - then put in the reality of what he has done. Except there are a few more medal headlines you could do, but wouldn't be allowed here.

WAIT - I am editing this - because I THOUGHT IT WAS A JOKE!!

I just read it is NOT a joke!!!!!!

NO WAY!!!

Ok, I don't want to get in trouble and kicked out of ATS, so let me just say............ ____________ _____________ _________ _________
Unbelievable!!!!

I thought it read - the first time I read it - that you meant he had Ignored all those problems and just made them worse!

The thought that man is getting ANYTHING in the form of a medal, for his time in office and doing what he has done to us and the world is sickening!

[edit on 3-12-2008 by questioningall]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I think I'll create my own medal just for me...

The "International Medal of Sobriety".

There, that should convince all my dumb friends that they didn't really see me puke after downing a bottle of cheap wine.
And every time I've spilled a drink because my depth perception has been washed away by beer? Didn't happen!
That time I hit on a straight, 70 yo one-legged Dwarf because I thought his ponytail looked cute? Nah, that wasn't me either.

That'll fool 'em!

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

I agree. But Bush didn't do anything to solve HIV or aids. This is really simple to me to see what is actually the agenda is here.

When your a leader of a nation. Your only goal is to win people over. There are many example's. War, taxes are a few examples. This prize is another example of manipulating the people over to him. Bush didn't do this work, Bush didn't assigned this work. His advisors put him up to it. It's a classic way to give the president a "good" image. He's leaving in a few week's. The timing is on the dot. He doesn't do good things by his own action's. Bush doesn't care about HIV or Aid's or poor people in Africa.

Bush isn't the type of man who create's freedom, peace and love.
You will pick these up from a person instinctively, if they are genuine for their cause you will simply know. The same way you know if a celebrity is geuninely giving to a charity or doing it for publicity.

Bush is a spoilt brat brought up on a silver spoon and raged genocide in the ME for the last 8 years.

So this whole prize and recognition is totally flawed and planned.

Is it just me that only see's reality here? It's so f***** obvious.

[edit on 3-12-2008 by mind is the universe]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Are "they" insane?

There are so many - that have really done such good work.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Umm the news articles never mentioned that Bush solved AIS/HIV, he was given a medal for helping to fight AIDS/HIV. Theres a difference.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   

After the award presentation, a special message from President-elect Barack Obama was shown, during which he congratulated President Bush for his accomplishments with HIV/AIDS and addressed the future of global health. "This epidemic can't be stopped by government alone, and money alone is not the answer either," said President-elect Obama. "All of us must do our part... We as leaders must continue to sound that call and encourage others to see themselves as leaders in this fight -- and we must reaffirm our own commitment to confront and defeat this disease once and for all."

This is why he won the award.

About PEPFAR On July 30, 2008, President George W. Bush signed into law H.R. 5501, the Tom Lantos and Henry J. Hyde United States Global Leadership Against HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis, and Malaria Reauthorization Act of 2008. This legislation responds to the President's call to expand the U.S. Government commitment to this successful program for five additional years, from 2009 through 2013. For more information on the next phase of PEPFAR, please see the Reauthorizing PEPFAR fact sheet. In 2003, President Bush launched the U.S. President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) to combat global HIV/AIDS - the largest commitment by any nation to combat a single disease in history. On May 27, 2003, President Bush signed P.L. 108-25, the United States Leadership Against Global HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis, and Malaria Act of 2003, the legislative authorization for the Emergency Plan. On July 2, 2003, President Bush nominated Randall L. Tobias as the inaugural U.S. Global AIDS Coordinator to lead implementation of the Emergency Plan, and after Senate confirmation, Ambassador Tobias was sworn in on October 6, 2003. On August 11, 2006, Ambassador Mark R. Dybul was sworn in as the current U.S. Global AIDS Coordinator.

www.pepfar.gov...

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
tHi$ maKEs ab$0LuTEly sEmse no.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Welcome to 1984 everyone. Maybe it was printed by the 'Ministry of PEACE'. Haha, makes me laugh how identical word usage even is. Who exactly is this 'Coalition'? lol.

[edit on 3-12-2008 by ohh_pleasee]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by dodgygeeza

u know al gore didnt have any solar panels or anything until after repubs called him out?

scumbag

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I see you are also trying to bring rationality to this thread. Many people are overlooking it. A thank you to you also.

P.E.A.C.E. NOT peace

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Certain posters are clearly caught up in their own irrational delusions. If we were talking about the Nobel Peace Prize most of this thread would be legit.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

Umm the news articles never mentioned that Bush solved AIS/HIV, he was given a medal for helping to fight AIDS/HIV. Theres a difference.

He didnt do anything to help. He did it for political reasons. To make him appear a good person.

He's not a good person, who likes to do good thing's for a good cause.

He is a person who does a lot of bad things and does some good thing's to give him a good image so he can continue his agenda.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Bush worked at spreading HIV/aids throughout Africa by stipulating that American aid could not be given to any organisation that provided condoms or supported their use.

Bush worked at preventing treatment of HIV/aids in Africa by fighting their right to generic medicines, knowing full well few Africans could afford "American Approved" ones.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Wow...

Is this from The Onion? Because there has been zero peace since he took office.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
How can you throw a man into the hague when he has a medal of PEACE? This is further deflection.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dermo

Its crazy to think that he still has so many supporters even after:

1) The War
2) The Lies
3) The state of the US economy

It is so crazy to think that people support either party or any politician after:
1) The War
2) The Lies
3) The state of the US economy

I guess I’m among the crazy, I still have some optimism left in me, but I could easily argue that I am just as insane for trusting or forgiving any politician as those who still support Bush. I think Bush is a war criminal but are his supporters’ insanities any worse than anyone else’s? Either politics is really completely rigged or we are all insane, because any sane society would have voted the whole lot of them out of office by now. Or does the propaganda really work THAT well?

[edit on 3-12-2008 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dermo

The “International Medal of PEACE” is given for outstanding contribution toward alleviating the five global giants recognized by the Coalition, including:

Pandemic diseases,
Extreme poverty,
Illiteracy,
Self-centered leadership and
Spiritual emptiness.

Obviously Bush's support for Illiteracy paid off.

Good thing Bush supported Extreme Poverty too.
If he'd only worked at spreading the other four ideals,
they'd have had to award him the PISS Prize.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join