It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Bush to receive 'international medal of peace'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Medal of Peace....

Given by Israel, Maybe???

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Based on the reason they are giving it to him, I say he deserves it.

Give credit where credit is due.

It is not Bush fault that the award has the word "Peace" in it.

But I am willing to bet that somebody will post that it is Bush fault or that Bush awarded himself a medal.

Yes Jam I couldn't wait. I have been waiting so apprehensivly to jump on this bandwagon(sarcasm)

Well I'll tell you what!
It is his fault for accepting the award. He doesn't deserve it. This is a publicity stunt. To try to give him a good image on leaving his post.

People don't get awards for something they don't deserve. This is like Bush accepting an Olympic 100m gold hurdle medal. Was Bush an Olympic athlete. No he wasn't Jam. So Bush doesn't deserve it. Simple as that.

Was Bush a peacemaker. No he wasn't. So Bush should put the trophy donw god damn it.

[edit on 3-12-2008 by mind is the universe]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by mind is the universe

Go back to page 1 and look at the source I posted. The peace stands for an acronym.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero
Only in America

And Bush gets a peace prize... for giving billions of dollars to Africa

WAIT.

Did Bush actually give his billion's to Africa?

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Go back to page 1 and look at the source I posted. The peace stands for an acronym.

Does he deserve this award.
Go back to the last 8 years. What does he stand for.

Does this man deserve this award? Let's go on the action's of the last 8 years and stick with reality on this one.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by mind is the universe

Only in America

WAIT.

Bush gave billions to everyone.. even us by proxy through outsourcing and middleman deals between the US and EU.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Well, let's see here.... Yasser Arafat won a Nobel peace Prize, so it isn't unheard of for these things to be curiously awarded as if the national lampoon or MAD magazine writing staff were members of the selection comittee.

As for the criteria of the award, I suppose Bush fits the bill.

-pandemic diseases: Bush saved millions from whatever bottles of disease Saddam was planning to test on his own people by liberating them... (and since many of the liberated were promptly killed by other Islamic combatants immediately following the declaration of "Mission Accomplished" they were assured that they'd never be stricken by any pandemic disease.

-extreme poverty: Since 'extreme' is a relative term, as the middle class of America have been brought to their knees and are, in some cases, approaching poverty themselves, the previous poverty class' poverty doesn't appear to be as extreme as it once was. Good job, GWB (and Pelosi, and Ried, and asshats in Congress & Senate who caused this farce.)

-illiteracy: Bush has served as a clear demonstration of the horrors of adult illiteracy. He has been an inspiration to all who cannot, themselves, read.

-self-centered leadership: Well, Bush's failure essentially handed the congress, senate, and White House over to the Democrats. I'm guessing following 4 years of that noise the American voter will have gotten so fed up of their brand of self-centered "leadership" that it will be a cold day in Hell before they make the mistake of voting for any of them again. File this under "To make an ommelette you must break some eggs," I guess...

-spiritual emptiness: It doesn't specify with what, exactly, he has filled our spirits with, now does it?

... and remember, I actually like the guy. Imagine how many more examples someone who dislikes him can come up with!

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   

what does war have to do with this medal? The medal is not for keeping the Peace.

quote from my source on first page.

"PEACE acronym stands for promotion of reconciliation, equipping servant leaders, assisting the poor, caring for the sick and educating the next generation. "

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dermo

Only in America

WAIT.

Bush gave billions to everyone.. even us by proxy through outsourcing and middleman deals between the US and EU.

Not forgetting the long-forgotten, swept under the carpet, hush hush media please, bailout bill. He certainly was generous to donate 800 billion to the bastards that put us in the mess that we're in today.

What ever donations Bush gave to curing aids, he gave a thousand fold to the greedy buggers at the bank.

[edit on 3-12-2008 by dodgygeeza]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6

-pandemic diseases: Bush saved millions from whatever bottles of disease Saddam was planning to test on his own people by liberating them... (and since many of the liberated were promptly killed by other Islamic combatants immediately following the declaration of "Mission Accomplished" they were assured that they'd never be stricken by any pandemic disease.

Oh I can't stop laughing at sheeple trying to disect reality.
I swear I'm cracking up.

Did Bush get his shiny shoes on and walk down to the bank and withdrew a billion dollars and gave it the poor people in Africa.

Did Bush humanitarian angelic healing powers heal all those people Saddam tried to kill?

Seriously I don't get this crapology.

And he liberated what................. Oh jesus I think I'm just gonna laugh myself till I cry.

-illiteracy: Bush has served as a clear demonstration of the horrors of adult illiteracy. He has been an inspiration to all who cannot, themselves, read.

An inspiration?

Oh good god.

-self-centered leadership: Well, Bush's failure essentially handed the congress, senate, and White House over to the Democrats. I'm guessing following 4 years of that noise the American voter will have gotten so fed up of their brand of self-centered "leadership" that it will be a cold day in Hell before they make the mistake of voting for any of them again. File this under "To make an ommelette you must break some eggs," I guess...

-spiritual emptiness: It doesn't specify with what, exactly, he has filled our spirits with, now does it?

... and remember, I actually like the guy. Imagine how many more examples someone who dislikes him can come up with!

I quoted the last post in saying. I could not read anymore. It's disturbing.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by dodgygeeza

What ever donations Bush gave to curing aids, he gave a thousand fold to the greedy buggers at the bank.

The sad part is that it was all done with Congress blessings. Without Congress approval, there would have been nothing to give.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   

what does war have to do with this medal? The medal is not for keeping the Peace.

quote from my source on first page.

"PEACE acronym stands for promotion of reconciliation, equipping servant leaders, assisting the poor, caring for the sick and educating the next generation. "

Jam I'm judging his action's. His action's don't associate the merit of this medal.

He asisted the poor? What did he do.

He asissted and educated a bunch of kids about my pet goat, your right he did educate a bunch of kid's about something, I'll agree with you there.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Pastor Rick Warren awarded President George W. Bush the International Medal of P.E.A.C.E. for his AIDS relief program. The PEACE acronym stands for promotion of reconciliation, equipping servant leaders, assisting the poor, caring for the sick and educating the next generation.

rawstory.com...

Could this be the peace we are talking about? It is an acronym.

Thank you for your post of reason. People have obviously chosen not to read beyond the headlines. The story gets spun out of control instead. No surprise though.

President George W. Bush was honored on the 20th anniversary of World AIDS Day today, with the "International Medal of PEACE" given by Dr. Rick Warren on behalf of the Global PEACE Coalition during the Saddleback Civil Forum on Global Health. The award, given in recognition of the President's tireless efforts and unprecedented contribution to the fight against HIV/AIDS and other diseases, came on the heels of the President's announcement that his President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) had fulfilled its commitment to support treatment for 2 million people ahead of schedule.

"No man in history -- no world leader -- has ever done more for global health than President George W. Bush, and I think we need to recognize that," said Pastor Warren. Prior to the Bush Administration, there was no concerted effort by the U.S. to fight HIV/AIDS and other global pandemics.

Accept the award for what it is. Save you whining in case he wins the Nobel for Peace.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   

I see we're completely unfamilliar with the concept of sarcasm and wit. Did you honestly not get the illiteracy inspiration line?

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

It's more deception and propaganda to get the sheeple to believe he's a peaceful great man.

The FACT is he isn't and he never will be. It's quite insulting to me, for this crap spewing in front of me. It's disgusting.

A bold child doesn't deserve sweets. End of story.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   

I know you are judging his action. And I would be laughing too if this award was really based on someone giving him an award because of the peace he created in the world. However, in this case, the word PEACE stands for and acronym not the word peace. And it is given to him for what he has done for HIV and Aids. Even Obama praised him for his work. All I am saying that this award is misleading because in the op source, I believe they don't say that P.E.A.C.E is an acronym.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

No I don't see the point of it. I don't have time for it.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   

reply to post by dodgygeeza

The sad part is that it was all done with Congress blessings. Without Congress approval, there would have been nothing to give.

Yeah that did cross my mind. It was amaizing that after the bill was defeated the first time, the second time it passed without any trouble at all.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   

I know you are judging his action. And I would be laughing too if this award was really based on someone giving him an award because of the peace he created in the world. However, in this case, the word PEACE stands for and acronym not the word peace. And it is given to him for what he has done for HIV and Aids. Even Obama praised him for his work. All I am saying that this award is misleading because in the op source, I believe they don't say that P.E.A.C.E is an acronym.

But Bush doesn't deserve this award. ! ! ! ! !

What did Bush do to solve aid's and HIV. It didn't come out of his pocket's. I can discern exactly what type of man he is. He is not a humanitarian. It is NOT his nature and this is not the work he does by his own action's. if his administration killed a million Iraq's well logic applies that he wouldn't give a damn about Africa, only for the political reason to win people over to his cause.

It's disingenuinous.

It's a publicity win back support plead. That is all it is.
I know that, the question is when are the rest of you going to realise.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   

reply to post by burdman30ott6

No I don't see the point of it. I don't have time for it.

Yet you seem to have plenty of time to flap your fingers on a keyboard... interesting. This is one of my main problems with the whole "call everyone sheeple" crowd. You have absolutely no sense of humor nor do you afford anyone who disagrees with you, even in the slightest, any leeway when we actually rip on something. I'll stop there because I really don't feel like getting a warning. If you didn't see the humor in what I posted, then I'm sorry for your lack of mirthfullness.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join