It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Bush to receive 'international medal of peace'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   

George Bush to receive 'international medal of peace'

thinkprogress.org

in Washington, D.C. Warren will present President Bush with the first “International Medal of PEACE”.

The “International Medal of PEACE” is given for outstanding contribution toward alleviating the five global giants recognized by the Coalition, including pandemic diseases, extreme poverty, illiteracy, self-centered leadership and spiritual emptiness.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
????

HOW CAN ANYONE GIVE THIS MAN A "MEDAL OF PEACE".

This is actually pretty funny.

Fair enough, he might have helped towards the elimination of HIV but peace?

He goes against almost everyone of these..

pandemic diseases, extreme poverty, illiteracy, self-centered leadership and spiritual emptiness.

And lets not forget how he made those middle easterners eat all that war and death.

Someone should give me a medal of peace for not going nuts when i read that article

thinkprogress.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Well I believe Bush isn't the problem

This new source proves America is the real issue here.
You have people giving him a peace prize for been more famously known as a war president.

I'm so glad I'm not an idiot.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Let him have his shiny medal.

And let us wish him good luck with ever getting the Nobel Peace Prize.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
these people have to be playing a joke.

I am trying to wrap my mind around this.

Literacy>after that abomination called no child left behind?

Or is this just his consolation prize?

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Based on the reason they are giving it to him, I say he deserves it.

Give credit where credit is due.

It is not Bush fault that the award has the word "Peace" in it.

But I am willing to bet that somebody will post that it is Bush fault or that Bush awarded himself a medal.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Another form of social manipulation. Just as Gore was given a medal for his HIGHLY flawed global warming film, Bush will be rewarded for something that could not be further from the truth.

He'll probably award himself a Medal of Honor too.

[edit on 3-12-2008 by dodgygeeza]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
what a demented joke

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by mind is the universe

Its crazy to think that he still has so many supporters even after:

1) The War
2) The Lies
3) The state of the US economy

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

He doesn't show peace, he doesn't preach peace and he certaintly doesn't show any example of peace!

Why get a peace award.

WTF is wrong with human beings. HIV my ass...............
Jam we live on earth not jupiter.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
A convoluted award given as an gesture to the ignorant masses who will hear of the story and let it seep into their small brains that Bush was a valid President.

Damage Control for the Prolatariat in my opinion.

I think I'm going to start lying as it doesn't appear to be a character trait that fails to gain attention, money and reward...

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

What next Bush get's a prize for showing he cares about the economy.

Seriously I am just bewildered that some human beings support this prize for this nonman.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
It's not April 1st, is it?

"International" medal of peace!?

Who voted?

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I think what concerns me more than giving this war monger a medal of peace is the fact that they also have as one of their "reward systems" "spiritual emptiness"...

What is THAT all about? To begin with, how would you DEFINE it, and have that be one of the top 5 international "giant" issues...

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I think Bush was given the medal because of his famous words that he refer to Islam is a religion of peace. Those words helped stopped a possible war between Muslims and Americans.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
So all war criminal's get peace's prizes. This is the new black! hmmm

Just great! isn't it, we live in such a serene sane world! I think sane people like myself should get awards for not putting up with this jargon.

What's the definition of getting a peace prize to someone who actually created peace and stablity in this world. Are war criminal's getting special treatment for their "peace" making impact.

SERIOUSLY what the beep did Bush actually "do" to eliminate HIV or all these angelic act's of peacmaking througout this planet.

Did he actually go out, and heal people when he was over in Africa. I really don't get this illogical story lining for his "great" work. Did the fund's come out of his pocket.

This is a disgusting and degrading example of core evil praising the evil.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Very well said. I was looking for the words but you said it better than I ever could.

Purhaps we were all wrong about our War mongering president? My grip on reality is becoming weaker!

God bless St.Bush

[edit on 3-12-2008 by dodgygeeza]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Pastor Rick Warren awarded President George W. Bush the International Medal of P.E.A.C.E. for his AIDS relief program. The PEACE acronym stands for promotion of reconciliation, equipping servant leaders, assisting the poor, caring for the sick and educating the next generation.

rawstory.com...

Could this be the peace we are talking about? It is an acronym.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jomina
I think what concerns me more than giving this war monger a medal of peace is the fact that they also have as one of their "reward systems" "spiritual emptiness"...

Exactly why I think this award is a going through of the motions for prolatariat consumption without any real validity.

He is being awarded on the basis of ideological abstracts that are contradicted by his behavior and previous action. But ignorant people will put more emphasis on the award as a 'summation point' of his leadership rather than take a look themselves at what exactly happened.

Pathetic that our society is so easily manipulated.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Only in America

Al Gore gets a Nobel Peace Prize, for his Global Warming Doctrine.

And Bush gets a peace prize... for giving billions of dollars to Africa...

Just more Government people making awards up for each other...
The , everyone is a winner approach....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join