It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient lost city discovered deep in the Amazonian rainforest linked to the legendary Cloud People

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
This is my first ever thread, so my apologies if this is in the wrong place. I have searched to see if this story has already been posted and it seems that it hasn't. But again, sorry if it has

An ancient lost city has been discovered in the remote Amazonian rainforest of north-east Peru, archaeologists have announced. The fortified citadel appears to be from the pre-Inca era and may be linked to the country's legendary 'Cloud People'.

The citadel likely belonged to the Chachapoyas civilization - an ancient people whose glory days over a thousand years ago pre-date the hegemony of the powerful Incas.

Link - Daily Mail

Naive I know, but it still amazes me that we continue to find these fantastic pockets of the past.

[edit on 3/12/08 by lizziejayne] To correct link - Sorry all
Please note that the article has been updated since the original link.

[edit on 3/12/08 by lizziejayne]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
(Nevermind, you got your link working)

Good find =). I wonder how many more of these we will discover!

Building homes into the side of cliffs is so freaking cool for the ancient civs to do. Their own versions of skyscrapers.

[edit on 3-12-2008 by jjkenobi]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by lizziejayne

I love this stuff but I think your link is not working. I'll try it again in an hour or so... it would be good if you could sort it out, eager to know more.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Yes, I am anxious to see it, too! The link isn't working yet. These are fascinating finds!

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Heres a working link....

www.dailymail.co.uk... ml

Awesome find
Star and Flag sir...

Fox

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
indeed very cool find but let me try and give it try with a working link....

Ancient lost city

That should work better...

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Read about this in the papers, amazing that we are still discovering lost cities to this day, many more sure to follow.

Follow the link to read about the Realm of the Cloud People.

www.archaeology.org...

Winc(-(

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I was about to post this under the title "civilisation pimp out hotties to the rest of the ancients"

[edit]
Ohhh baby

[edit on 3/12/2008 by spitefulgod]

Mod Note: Forum Image Linking Policy – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 4/12/08 by Jbird]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Winchester_La

Many thanks for this link! I will definately be reading up more on the Cloud People - I can't believe I've not known about their existence up until this point.

Discoveries like this village make you wonder what else is out there just begging to be found

By the way - apologies for the dodgy link in the first post (now fixed) and thanks to all who provided a working version.

[edit on 3/12/08 by lizziejayne]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by lizziejayne

A star and a flag for you my friend.

A link also: www.telegraph.co.uk...

Thanks for updating!

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Naive I know, but it still amazes me that we continue to find these fantastic pockets of the past.

We'll probably see many more found as Archaeologists are getting better at finding buildings/structures that were made of wood and mud, both of which leave no above surface indication - but leave a clear indication in the ground. ...and are in temperate zones or jungle which tend to mask their existence.

We'll probably find more such mini-civilizations in the ME, China, Iran and elsewhere too.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
What I really find interesting about this story is that they were described as "white skinned and blond haired", a description which seems to corroborate some of the anomalous things found at some of these sites.

I do believe there were legends of light skinned people and there have been artworks found depicting bearded white looking people in South America which had always puzzled archaeologists.

Apparently the Cloud People had survived until the 1500s when the Spanish appeared with their diseases, but where did they come from?? Curiouser and curiouser....

Atlantian refugees anyone?

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Hi all,

Thanks for all the links...going to check them in just a min.

I ran across the cloud people about a yr. ago and was amazed.

Weren't there mummies found of these people that were Caucasian with red hair? Mabey the answer is in one of the links...Im off to read.

Peace to all,
LV

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Great find

Links work.

I'll be all over this one now I hope they find some mummies so maybe they can get some DNA and start tracing wouldnt it be great if they came up with either 0 connection from known lineage or a very familiar one from Europe either way awesome find

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

You know the more I look at these pics I'm seeing a startling similarity to the "Anasazi" from "The Four Corners area -- where Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico, and Utah meet-- has red rock canyons and mesas, and centuries of history visible in the rock art and spectacular cliff dwellings of the "Anasazi" ancestral Pueblo Indians. "

Example New find

LINKY

Anasazi cliff dwellings

Another LINKY
great find

[edit on 4-12-2008 by SLAYER69]

Mod Note: Forum Image Linking Policy – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 4/12/08 by Jbird]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
they do look a lot like the anazazi ruins too. I think this find is really awesome.

Curious the white blond haired bearded thing. all the civilizations after ward worshiped light skinned bearded men. WHo are these light skinned bearded men. where'd they come from? Are they from the old land (asia/europe/africa) or where they a group of natives that were just very different genetically from their other native neighbors.
Are these bearded people parts of "the lost tribe" talked about in the bible and other sources.

Whats weird is that having spoken to hopi people before I have been told point blank that they were and according to them all of the local races in america from lake titicaca and not from asia. I know it's obvious to see a lot of asian phenotypes in native americans. So whats with this story.

Is it possible that there was this cloud people race that had been there before the other native races. perhaps from the near east. a lot group of sailors or people perhaps. then from asia at the same time traveling from the north down the native americans we know were en route. eventually the two met up. the cloud people race was more advanced at the time and they greatly influenced these other natives. these natives over time with their reverence and association with these cloud people felt adopted or part of their heritage and forgot their own trek for the most part from asia over.

new topics

top topics

join