It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wasted money on a eaten package.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Went shopping today, picked up a package of pepridge farms soft chewy choco chips.

Came home, and the package was open!
8 cookies were eaten out of them...

If I take em back are they going to believe me you think or should I just not waste my time going back...
It's a 15 min drive back to the store...

I cannot believe that!

I remember last time we were in there, I saw a couple in the same section eating food and trying to hide it from people. I saw them stuffing choclotes in their pockets and giving their kids some too.

When I walked by the dad pretended to get mad at his kid and said you don't eat that, we didn't pay for it...

I later walked by them again and they were stuffing their faces with chocolate chips!!

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   
OK, I take a grape or a gummy worm now and again, but that is JUST the kind of thing people hate to be around me for.

I, of course, WILL make some remarks pointing to their shortcomings in the intellegence/moral/parenting department (situation dictating).

I'm annoying like that. I do NOT ever let overzealous social politness (and yes, people are oddly TOO polite in the US) stop me from telling people they are doing something stupid.

I'll also have some fun by letting the fine employees know about said transgression.

(then I'll sneak somewhere and watch the fun).

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I've never been starving, I'd proabably steal food too, it's instinct. If you are starving, you might steal, I can't judge.

But, the shop should watch more carefully, the customer should not have to deal with opened, possibly contaminated food.

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Well this supermarket is 24/7 kmart, the management doesn't care, especially if your white telling on black folk.

All I said to them was thats nice.

I understand about people being too polite , I hate being like that but I feel the need to hold back, I don't know why, I just do.

And a gummie bear isn't a big deal, it's when your opening PACKAGED food and then sticking it back on the shelf after your done eating 8 COOKIES!

That is wrong.... A) It's stealing B) It's morally wrong in this society anyway. C) It's ignorant...
Should I go on?

I think i'm done, i'll have somebody else have the floor.

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I would take them back. The chances are , if you make a point of making sure that you explain what has happened when there are other customers around, then they won't want a fuss made, and lets face it, would someone really take a packet of cookies back to be replaced unless there genuinly was a problem.
Are you a regular customer there? if so they will be more likely to believe you. Just try to keep your calm and remember that whoever is behind the counter isn't personally responsible for what happened and speak to them politely and you might just get somewhere.
Good luck, and let us know how you get on.

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I would skulk that kmart on a regular basis and NAIL THOSE #ERS.

I would even employ my handy dandy video camera with the special "ZOOM" function (it's new and expensive so don't try to copy me).

I would then write down their license plate numbers and take the whole deal to management and dump on their asses.

Don't let complacent minimum wage earners get in the way of a little payback, and more importantly, a bit of social good.

top topics

join