It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Timeline shifted AGAIN???

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ll__raine__ll

Well it would have helped if I had realized something totally bizarre was happening from the get go. The first few times I saw the Asian woman driving one of the family cars I really didn't think much of it. I assumed it was a friend of the family or the like. But things continued to get more bizarre. If things start to randomly change in that family again I will consider taking pictures, but for the time being I will refrain from spying on my neighboors.... even if they are time shifting pod people or whatever.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   
To be honest, I don't want to believe that there's something actually wrong with time, but last night I think I witnessed someone else making a jump. I have 2 credible witnesses to back me up too.

Last night, my boss, teammate, and I all left the office at the same time and walked our department admin out to her car. As we all parked near eachother, we all followed eachother out to the highway onramp. The admin and I got on going south, boss and teammate went north. Being the childish person I am, I zoomed around Admin as soon as we got on the highway. When I was what I thought was only a couple car lengths ahead of her I looked back (wanted to see the front of the car, for the record) and couldn't see it.

Not thinking anything suspicious, I called Admin to taunt her about her slow driving and.....Admin was in the office. I thought she was joking until she put on my bosses boss to prove it (who was definitely in the office when I left). Thanks to the magic of three way calling, I got my boss on the phone who confirmed my story. This morning, teammate also confirmed that we walked out with Admin.

Admin insists that she was in the office the whole time, didn't see us when we left (never mind walked out with us) and actually brought us the security footage to prove it.

Admin, boss, and teammate all think that we're all losing our minds. If it were just me, I'd say for sure it was true. How do you explain it when there are multiple other witnesses???

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Short update:
My teammate and boss continue to be freaked out. I have to admit, I am too. This goes WAY beyond anything I've ever experienced before. Teammate is trying to find a head doctor to explain it away and boss went home for the rest of the day. Me, I have NO idea how I am so calm.....inside is going 12 miles a minute.....outside.....calm....deep breaths......

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by nydsdan
Hah... I like this thread because it is philosophical in nature and really gets one thinking outside of the box. Right now I still am of the opinion that what an individual thinks was a past event can certainly be inaccurate.

My memory stinks. I forget things. So when I hear about Patrick Swayze being alive I say "gee, I thought he was dead!"

What really happened was that I was going about my business and suddenly the media starts blabbering all about how Swayze is terminally ill and on and on and on. Well, my mind will take this popular character, change the status from 'doing fine' to 'deathbed' and then I don't hear about him for several months or years. Over time, the 'deathbed' label my brain used to classify him turned to 'dead'. Is he dead? No. Is it reasonable for me to think he was? Sure.

I have thought of this already but then again, how do you explain all the news networks reporting about his death and our dutch version of american idol having a swayze theme because he died? It was freakin' breaking news over here. They had friends, family and colleagues interviewed and stuff,..

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Your memory is not a Swiss watch. Clearly.

Nuff said.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 06:18 AM
link   
honestly, i think a lot of people who are posting comments on this subject need medical attention. what on earth are you all on about? you awake and suddenly feel something is not right, so assume that time itself has changed and things that did happen didnt, and vice versa? people are saying they remember the Russians landing on the moon then woke up one day and heard it was the Americans. yeah right, either people are on here lying through thier teeth just to hear what others say, or as i said before, they need medical help. i woke up last wednesday and swore it was thursday. does that mean i can travel through time? no it doesnt. get a grip folks

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by spuddyboy

You think we need medical attention? I think you need some proper manners!

You dont tell people they are sick because you CANT experience what others CAN.

Come on dude,..

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheNetherlands

You dont tell people they are sick because you CANT experience what others CAN.

Come on dude,..

Come on dude... you think you remember an actor dying, who was only sick, and instead of assuming your memory was flawed (which it entirely, 100% is, everyone of us, i'll put my psych degree on that) you jump to the conclusion that the fabric of time has altered. Think about that. Normal, average, faulty memory vs. a change of causality in the universe. That doesn't seem odd to you at all?

As in, instead of admitting I may have been wrong concerning a fact about a has been actor that I remembered from a few months ago, I'll just assume the timeline of this universe shifted or I moved to a new one.

Come on dude...

Will you at least say you may have remembered incorrectly? Can you at least say that the logic used to create your conclusion is absolutely illogical? If you believe it, that's one thing, but when you are so adamant about the situation, or so unwilling to accept other possibilities, it really gives you no credibility whatsoever. Because when you say things like this...

"You dont tell people they are sick because you CANT experience what others CAN."

It really gives the impression that you feel you are special for this, that others who disagree with you are not, and wholly incapable of even understanding what you mean. You won't even allow others to disagree with you, which is a hallmark trait of narrow minded delusion. You change the world to fit your beliefs or memories. You assume your word or testimony is valid and just, but others are full of it. I don't even know what else to say to you, and honestly, I already think this post is a waste because you don't care. This thread will go on as long as people allow you to say the same, unconfirmed statements over and over. Let's hear about that American Idol show again, or maybe some interviews. I'm out.

EDIT:

After reading this again I felt I should add to it.

Thenetherlands, I'm sure you're a great guy and you just have a natural curiosity for things like this. And like I, you may be willing to believe in things that others don't, and maybe in a way feel that you have to. Because if you want to explore these things you feel that you can't disbelieve it, like you couldn't experience love without giving yourself into the belief, if you didn't, you would never experience the true potential of it.

I think this may be part of the case with you, in that, you've experienced something you believe is odd and want to do everything you can to investigate it. If your assumption is wrong then you have nothing to investigate, therefore, you must assume that it is and disregard others when they don't agree. You think, they could be right, but if this is real then the only way I'm going to figure it out is to 100% believe that it is and then go from there. Because you have to make choices which would make logical sense only if you knew the phenomenon to be true. If it's not true then it's all a bunch of bull.

If this is all generally correct (and there's nothing inherently wrong with it, many scientists go through work assuming a hypothesis to be true and making tests along with it) then I get you. However, my point in my original post was meant to focus on the absurdity of this particular situation. It's entirely a dead end. There are no means to verify, test, or falsify what you have said. I understand that coming here to ask others is one of the few ways to research the problem, because only another persons perspective or shared experience could validate anything.

I really doubt anything will come of this scenario for you. Eventually you'll dead end and say there's nothing more you can do. What I worry for you personally is that you carry these types of things with you. It's like we build a repertoire of unanswered questions that haunt our choices and lives. You mentioned what if this happens again, what if your family changes, well... there's nothing you can do. You would just have to deal with it, you can't control it. So 'worst case' scenario is you must adapt to whatever change comes. But in another way, the 'worst case' scenario is you letting this affect you. Do you realize how much stress this has, and potentially could cause you? If you're always questioning the very basic elements of reality and your loved ones you won't find a real peace or comfortable level with life. I don't know you but I don't want to see that happen to anyone. Just try to take these things with a grain of salt, think about it as a possibility, take what you can from it, and then leave it be. An unanswerable question can drive a man crazy, a few of them might kill him. (Ok maybe not kill him but it sounded more like a quote by adding that
)

I'm sorry if my original post sounded rude. I took out a bit of my general frustration with this issue on you. Best of luck and have a great day.

[edit on 15-12-2008 by Parabol]

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by spuddyboy
honestly, i think a lot of people who are posting comments on this subject need medical attention. what on earth are you all on about? you awake and suddenly feel something is not right, so assume that time itself has changed and things that did happen didnt, and vice versa? people are saying they remember the Russians landing on the moon then woke up one day and heard it was the Americans. yeah right, either people are on here lying through thier teeth just to hear what others say, or as i said before, they need medical help. i woke up last wednesday and swore it was thursday. does that mean i can travel through time? no it doesnt. get a grip folks

When it happens to you then you will know how it feels to have no one to believe you. I can not say which of the tells on here are real and which ones are otherwise but something is going on with time and space it's self. I too used to laugh and make fun of such stories unitl it happened to me and then it was no longer funny. Just remember you could be next.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by spuddyboy

Yes. All three of us need medical attention because we saw and talked to someone as they walked outside, got in their car, drove away, and disappeared only to be back in the office where she proved she never left. I completely agree, cause three people having a mass hallucination like that is insane.

One of us has sought medical attention. He hasn't come back to work yet because he keeps going to doctor after doctor trying to find a medical explanation. Nothing weird in his blood, nothing on the MRI (or whatever they use to scan your brain). Absolutely nothing at all.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Parabol

Why don't you stop big-noting yourself and disappear to the science or psychology forums? We don't care if you have a psyche degree, it counts for nothing in this forum. We DO want to hear other people's experiences such as the Patrick Swayze thing in the Netherlands. Why do you think the thread has so many replies? I would've thought you're fancy psyche degree would have helped you realise that!

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Hey I have one of those fancy Psych degrees.

Ok, I like to add to this thread when I have things happen.

I was poking arround on a social networking site the other day and viewing an acquaintance profile. I noticed he was engaged to get married and thought it was strange. Just a few months ago he was blogging about how his GF was cheating and he was terribly distraught. The weird thing is the old girl had black hair and the new one is blonde. Now, please no one say "she died her hair". It is clearly a different girl.
They have pictures posted from the last year together (all the blonde girl). While a few months ago I clearly remember reading his blog about the black haired girl breaking his heart. Weird.

& Patrick Swazey is alive in my timeline.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
OK this whole Patrick Swayze thing is so weird. I had not heard anything at all about him dying nor being terminally ill. In fact just last evening I saw a commercial advertising a brand new TV series he is starring in called "The Beast" on A&E.

I guess he has pancreatic cancer, but is still undergoing treatment.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthFairie

I guess he has pancreatic cancer, but is still undergoing treatment.

I find the strange thing about this is he is still alive. Pancreatic Cancer is a "quick" killing cancer. It is basically a death sentence. A family friend just died of this cancer and it killed her in less then two months. (I apologize for sounding so harsh). From my perspective he has had this cancer almost all year. I also find this PS thing a bit odd.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by pieman

I think some people DO make large leaps in which changes happen in their personal lives. But the people that are making large leaps like that (outside of time and then back in at a different point) are most likely to make the final leap (death for themselves) very soon after, so we do not hear about it. Also, I think that once you are able to leap that far (where your own life path is drastically different) you are no longer searching for an explanation for what is happening to you. At that point, you must have reached a level of mastery and you don't need to discuss it with anyone else anymore. Those of us still living in this dimension, who are seeking explanation, have not reached mastery and are still only making tiny leaps unconsiously, where the changes we notice are off in the distance, not close to our personal paths.

posted on Dec, 24 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Ok where the hell have I been in the last 3 years? I honestly never ever heard that Saddam Hussein was hanged. On another thread that was posted today on a totally unrelated subject, it had a link to the world's most amazing photos or something to that effect, and there was a pic of Saddam with a rope around his neck.

How could news that huge escaped my attention? Immediately I though of this thread and had to come back and say that I swear with all my being that Saddam was still alive. I am still in awe over this. Unbelievable. I wasn't really sure about this whole time line changing thing, but now I am really starting to question it. I have this really uneasy feeling now like something is really out of place.

Here is an interesting video I found after searching for things about Saddam and Nelson Mandela (cause I though he was dead NOT Saddam) of Bush talking once again out of his rear:

thinkprogress.org...

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by speaker
reply to post by Parabol

Why don't you stop big-noting yourself and disappear to the science or psychology forums? We don't care if you have a psyche degree, it counts for nothing in this forum. We DO want to hear other people's experiences such as the Patrick Swayze thing in the Netherlands. Why do you think the thread has so many replies? I would've thought you're fancy psyche degree would have helped you realise that!

So...

1. A degree in psychology doesn't apply to paranormal matters? Have you looked at the thread topics? Do you not see how the perception of consciousness, reality, and behavior relate to paranormal topics?

What expertise do you have? Have you taken courses like "Learning and Memory" or "Conscious Perception"? Have you spent semesters researching and writing papers on topics which deal with memory, memory recall, the formation of memories, the perception of memories, etc.? You can put me down for being "fancy" or self centered but my research and knowledge are very applicable to the topic. I spent money and time learning about this and other subjects, which I assume is more than you can say.

2. You don't speak for the site, forum, or other people in this thread so you can quit with the "we" speak.

3. Why do you think this topic has so many replies? Because we all share the same faulty memories? Because we all have experiences remembering something different than it occurred? Our memory is entirely selective, often times, we don't even get an initial, correct hard copy. We are fully capable of warping the input as its being 'recorded'.

Also, the amount of replies to a topic has no bearing on the validity of the information contained within... just saying.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Funny because I remember hearing quite some time ago that Peter Gabriel had died & being quite shocked about it, then found out he's done some of the soundtrack for Wal-e.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Not sure that it's a "time line jump" issue, but a situation has been bothering me for nearly three weeks. Enough that I actually searched on here for "parallel timelines multiple realities" or some-such and found this old thread. Here it is:

Near the first of the year, my wife bought me five new shirts, all button down. Three blue, one red, one brown. One of the blue shirts has hidden collar buttons (they are underneath the collar tabs, to hold it down). The red one has a button in the middle of the back of the collar. The others are just plain old button down, button collar shirts.

The shirts went into my closet and in to my 'rotation pattern.' Of the new ones, I wore a blue one first, then the red one. I iron my own clothes, fresh every morning, usually while I wait for the coffee to brew. The red shirt stands out for me because the plaid on it includes colors that make it look like it is vibrating if you stare at it (optical illusion; somewhat annoying) and having to undo that center collar button on the back was a pain. It is a small button and the button hole is cut tight. The first two times I wore it, I had to have my wife button that center collar button for me, because I couldn't do it myself.

Pretty specific memories, right? Three weeks ago, the red shirt was up in the 'rotation' and as I pulled it out, I groaned. "Not this one with that b@stard button again!" I thought. I shuffled off to the laundry room, heated up the iron and laid out my trousers. I ironed those, hung them, and grabbed the shirt. The first thing I do with shirts is unbutton the collars and iron those flat. I laid the shirt face down, collar spread and unbuttoned the left button and the right button. I sighed and went to unbutton the center button but....it wasn't there. This threw me for a loop for a minute. I stared at it. I flipped it over, I looked at the inside and outside. No button. No button hole. I shrugged and ironed away.

When I finished getting ready for work, and as I was leaving, my wife, who was working from home that morning, said, "You look nice. I never get to see you all crisp and pressed. By the time you get home at night, you're all wrinkly." I said, "Do you remember this shirt having a button in the middle of the collar at the back?" She looked at me funny, laughed and said, "Why would there be a button in the back middle of the collar? Wouldn't that make it hard to wear a tie?" I asked if she remembered having buttoned it for me twice before, which she denied.

This has festered in my mind for weeks. Every time I get a shirt out of the closet I think about it. I had asked her a couple of times about the button, and she denied knowing of it, let alone helping me with it. Friday, the red shirt came up in the 'rotation' again. I thought, "Well, at least I don't have to f@%k with that button again!" and headed to the laundry room. I ironed my trousers and hung them. I grabbed the shirt and laid it face down, collar spread. I unbuttoned the left button, then the right button and finally flipped the collar forward. Except, there was a button in the center of the back of the collar and it wouldn't flip. I was floored.

I asked my wife and she says she distinctly remembers the button, as that and the pattern were what convinced her to buy it, "...it was different and I just knew it was 'you'!" She does not recall the earlier conversations when she denied knowing about the button. She does remember helping me with it (she had to help me with it again Friday).

Weird.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Yesterday, at around 2pm MST. Temporary juxtaposition.

I reached out to stop my bottle of water from falling after I knocked it with the keyboard. Sudden juxtaposition, and when reaching out to stop it the water bottle wasn't about to topple at all and I just about spilled it with my grabbing it to stop it from spilling. I had a double layer of bottle about to tip, and bottle sitting just fine.

At the same moment, I got a double post - on here ironically - and no, I did not hit the send button twice. I was afterall, reaching out to stop my bottle from falling over.

Rarely are the "reboots" quite so obvious. I literally had two event overlapping each other for a moment.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join