It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The future of us and everything...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I'm not entirely sure if this belongs here as I guess it could be considered astronomical, but I'm more interested in personal beliefs and feelings rather than data so this place may be more suitable.

I basically want to ask peoples feelings on existence. Eventually the planet will die, as well as the Sun and the solar system along with it. I'm guessing it's also probably true of the entire Universe, eventually all the lights will go out.

Whether religious or not, how does this make people feel about it? Knowing that not only will all this go, but so will you long before, that just as consciousness came, it will go an never return?

Sorry if this is morbid, but it's something I've been thinking about now and then lately and like to know what other people think.

Cheers.

Edn

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada
Eventually the planet will die, as well as the Sun and the solar system along with it. I'm guessing it's also probably true of the entire Universe, eventually all the lights will go out.

Whether religious or not, how does this make people feel about it? Knowing that not only will all this go, but so will you long before, that just as consciousness came, it will go an never return?

Well this isnt exactly true. Things may change, the Earth may be destroyed as well as the solar system or even the galaxy, you and I may not be you and I after we die but we will never cease to be just as the universe will never just disappear. Things will change but at there most basic lever everything will always exist in one form or another.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   
God is a mastermind.

You see God allowed the Earth which is about 6 thousand years old, he knew too many people would spread on Earth and so he made it the perfect size to fit exactly the right amount near the end times before it could get overpopulated and so he knew what size to make the Earth because he times mans rebellion out and it came to about the 6000 year which is about where we are now right near antichrist and WW3.

and so God knows what to do, when to do it, and how to do it. So the lights will never go out, yet the lights will be turned on soon and the Lord will come back to bring justice to Earth.

God said he wouldn't let that happen and I believe him. What we need to do as souls of God is prepare for this coming age of antichristian antichrist materialism, global order which is right literally around the corner, to the fullest extent I mean.

My dear brothers and sisters In god, truly prayers your butts off for souls, and fast, do whatever you can to minimize this age which we are entering.

and most of all, stay happy and don't worry. The other side of the rainbow is very bright and full of what we all desire as human beings.

peace.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Edn
you and I may not be you and I after we die but we will never cease to be just as the universe will never just disappear. Things will change but at there most basic lever everything will always exist in one form or another.

My point is that although you may be right the fact is you will cease to exist as a conscious being and will never be conscious again. We may continue to exist as energy of some sort but once this stab at consciousness is gone that's that.

How does that make you feel about everything?

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruth

I wish I believed what you believe, it would make things so much easier even if I were living in ignorance (not that you are but I believe that's probably the case).

If there is a so called God involved and he has a plan for us all, where does something so random as say...the levy-schumacher comet collision that happened on Jupiter fit into his plan for us? If it weren't luckily spotted we'd have never known that even happened, not to mention how much it showed the natural order of things. That event was so not even close to having anything to do with us, and certainly not God.

I'm not sure where I'm going with that but I know there's a point in there haha!

Out of curiosity where about in Maryland are you?

Edn

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada

How does that make you feel about everything?

Apart from feeling that the majority of the human race seam to be cheating lieing greedy 'people' (use your imagination) hell bent on destroying the lifes of good people.. I feel pretty good about it.

Theres no real way to know what happens when we die, chances are even if we go on to help form another type of life I am never to likely exist as i am now.

So I try not to worry what will happen to me when I die (though its fun theorising about it) but I am happy knowing that when I die everything that made me will always continue to exist even if it isnt in any particular form or never takes the shape of who I am today.

(edit) i should note that I do belive and yes with little proof that we do go on to life on some form or another after we die, but id never say that it is definetly the case because i just dont have the proof for it. It is what i think though.

I am hoping this thread will last at least a page before everyone starts going on god bashinh mode, as much as I would love to do a part on 'gods plan' id end up writng pages on how god destroyed the lifes of many people and it would go no where for this topic.

[edit on 5-12-2008 by Edn]

[edit on 5-12-2008 by Edn]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I don't believe my consciousness of self will end - I believe that my consciousness, as my soul, will continue after my death and that my sould and body will be reunited at the time of resurrection - only in a perfected body like Christ's when He ascended into heaven and Mary at her Assumption.

I'm really looking forward to that, if I manage to head in the right direction!, no more rag nails, gas, runny noses, toothache etc etc just the simple delight of the beatific vision.

This universe around us will pass away, but we won;t and neither will God.

new topics

top topics

join