It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swedish Researchers Report Mental 'Body-Swapping'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Swedish Researchers Report Mental

www.efluxmedia.com

...volunteers were actually tricked into believing that their body was not their own any more and that their heads have been swapped on someone else’s body. The highlight of the experiment was when scientists managed to trick the volunteer’s brains into thinking that their bodies were swapped between each other, showing how easy to influence our brain really is.

These experiments, besides sounding like a lot of fun, prove that our power to imagine and to actually impose a false reality...
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 3-12-2008 by TheWayISeeIt]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
So not only are we well and truly one step closer to "Virtual Reality" becoming common-place, but we are confronted with the clear evidence of how easy it is to change our perceptions of 'reality'.

This is, I think, far reaching in its implications as now it seems even the scientists now agree...

We create our own reality.

www.efluxmedia.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
That's obvious, don't you watch "The X Factor" auditions??? The contestants seem utterly oblivious to the fact that they are totally crap!

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Amazing experiment.

[edit on 3/12/2008 by rocksolidbrain]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by rocksolidbrain

Thanks for putting that video up! So this is not a one-liner allow me to say, once more, that I think this is simply fascinating in its implications.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Reminds me of that Star Trek episode where Kirk and that female doctor use a machine to switch bodies. Did Gene Roddenberry know something way back then?

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

TheComte, good to see you! I have been spacing on checking out your posts lately, so now I am reminded.

I have to say, not being a Star trek fan or knowing much about Roddenberry, that his name crops up all the time around here in all kinds of topics and forums and he is always alluded to as having 'inside' info...

*leaves to do ATS search of Roddenberry*

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
An interesting application is telepresence
And using this trick one can feel virtually 'there'

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Widescreen tv with surround sound and a immersive video game will do similar, not quite as much as having a knife drawn across your stomach, but if the game does draw you in then you can start to have feelings for your character because it is a projection of another you.

Hmmmmm now on re-reading that it makes me seem either crazy or a total geek with no life other than gaming..................mommy

Wolfie

top topics

join