It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California State may be bankrupt

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Bhadhidar

As I said previously, I did leave because of what I saw happening in the Bay Area and - as someone else said - they shove it down the rest of the state's throat. There are conservative parts of CA - north and east of Sacramento - that might be better off if they seceded and became part of Nevada, which they have much more in common with.

So when you tell the taxpayers of your state to leave, be careful what you wish for. It's already happening. CA can no longer afford to support the infrastructure they have, let alone add or upgrade. Example: You want people to ditch their cars and ride public transportation, but then you sue them to stop any additions to the systems - even if CA could afford the additions, which they can't anymore. BART tickets and bridge tolls go up every year.

The CA requirement for "boutique gasolines" means you have the highest fuel costs anywhere - even though you are surrounded by refineries.

You have a lottery to help fund education, but school districts are going bankrupt while the money gets spent on "ebonics" programs.

CA has more representatives in Congress than any other state, but by allowing yourselves to become so liberal/democrat, you have made yourselves irrelevant on the national level - national dems ignore your needs because they have you in their back pocket no matter what, while Republicans say why bother.

Who sounds like the whiners? I'd say it was the CA narcissists who are amazed to find out that their 'anything goes' philosophy actually comes at a steep price. One the state can no longer afford.

[edit on 12/4/2008 by centurion1211]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
We have had calls for a constitutional convention to remedy the overt liberal representation and gerrymandering, but the idea has not been proposed by anyone of serious standing, yet. Surprise surprise.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Problems: California is in Debt

Soulution: Cut off ALL AID TO ILLIGALS

That is all

That is all it would take...

But, California is completly insane, so instead of deporting criminals, they will continue to harbor criminals, and cut funding for Cops and Firemen...

Yay... Go california...

new topics

<< 1   >>

join