It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Interrogator on War in the US- This man is a hero.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   
This is my first post , long time lurker.

There is a war on in America ...right now....and this man represents something about the United States, something good and just that seemingly comes from another time, another America.

I hold greater hopes for the future of the United States as more men like this come forward.

Here is the Story

My experiences have landed me in the middle of another war -- one even more important than the Iraq conflict. The war after the war is a fight about who we are as Americans. Murderers like Zarqawi can kill us, but they can't force us to change who we are. We can only do that to ourselves. One day, when my grandkids sit on my knee and ask me about the war, I'll say to them, "Which one?"

edit title.

[edit on 3-12-2008 by Sapien]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Great find.

This shows the true colors of the people who serve.

I wonder if this will get as many hits as an anti American Armed Forces thread?

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Hoagland pointed that out in Dark Misson.

"It isnt 'the government'. There is no such thing as 'the government'. There are several governments. And they are at war with eachother".

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
A great article by a courageous man. Now that is the sort of American soldier people worldwide can respect once again.

War is always ugly, but sometimes it is necessary, but we should never have to stoop to levels of savagery to achieve our goals of defending ourselves (as opposed to imposing ourselves).

My feeling is that this will be ignored (at best) by the US military as subversive, liberal and weak.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaalphanovember

My feeling is that this will be ignored (at best) by the US military as subversive, liberal and weak.

lets not let it. make some noise, if there is a protest or a noisemaking event. let me know. i can yell loudly, and will do it for some bananas and hot tea.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   
You want to know what is worse with all of this?

It is having your grandkids sitting on your knee asking about a war.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Thank you for posting this. I'm glad to hear that what I've believed, all along, is true - that we lose when we leave our ideals aside. This man is heroic, and it makes me happy to know that someone like him 'got it'.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

I used to love listening to my grandfather talking about the second world war. He rarely used to talk about it, but to a 6 year old boy all war is fantastic and fascinating. You can't change the nature of little boys and turn them into pacifists - they will find someone to kill in their imaginary games - it's in our genes unfortunately.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
That this sort of article has been published in the Washington Post is heartening. Clearly, agents of the American government have been betraying our safety and our freedoms by betraying our values. Nothing good can come from that, except that we as a people can reject it and prove to the world that we are better than some of our representatives. I hope we will all take the time to support upcoming legislation to ban the more heinous tactics currently used by our military and intelligence agencies.

join