It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama shelves oil company tax after price fall: aide

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Obama shelves oil company tax after price fall: aide

www.reuters.com

"President-elect Obama announced the policy during the campaign because oil prices were above $80 per barrel," an aide on Obama's transition team said. "They are currently below that now and expected to stay below that."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Interesting . . .

Stands to reason that the planned 'windfall' tax is being shelved. I'd buy that totally if the following provisio was made by Obama in deciding to go back on this campaign promise . . .

. . . should the price per barrel of oil increase above $80, the following tax shall apply . . .

I'm no braniac, but it surprises me that if this was a promise to be kept, somebody in the 'Bama Braincrew' would have thought that up.

Or maybe not.

www.reuters.com

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoalPoster

Interesting . . .

Stands to reason that the planned 'windfall' tax is being shelved. I'd buy that totally if the following provisio was made by Obama in deciding to go back on this campaign promise . . .

. . . should the price per barrel of oil increase above $80, the following tax shall apply . . .

I'm no braniac, but it surprises me that if this was a promise to be kept, somebody in the 'Bama Braincrew' would have thought that up.

Or maybe not.

www.reuters.com

This is going to push his lunitic left wing base over the edge of insanity. I can't wait to see their reaction when they figure out that o-boy isn't what they thought he was.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Well none of O-BAHH-ma's plans can go into practice until AFTER he is in office and it has to be VOTED on by CONGRESS.

Why do some forget the process of how things get done in government.

Or has the checks and balances practice considered mute and pointless for this incomming administration too?

Yep..not what most expected him to be...is it?!!

O-BAHH-ma...O-BAHH-ma.....BAHHH!!!!

Lovely tune dont ya think?!!

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
What gets me about this is there saying its ok that oil is 60 or 70 a barrel. What wrong with pushing it below 50 again?
So to me this is little more then the next administration kissing up to the big companies with all the money again.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
Well none of O-BAHH-ma's plans can go into practice until AFTER he is in office and it has to be VOTED on by CONGRESS.

Why do some forget the process of how things get done in government.

Or has the checks and balances practice considered mute and pointless for this incomming administration too?

Do you honestly think a liberal legislature won't simply rubber stamp everything o-boy wants and vice versa?

There won't be any checks and balances. With libs in complete and total control the American People are going to see them for what they truly are...corrupt to the core and don't give a damn about anyone or anything but themselves in there quest for complete and total control over every man, woman, and child.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I thought this was on the windfall profits that the oil companies have already reaped in the past couple of years. They've already had record profits.

top topics

join