It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dream within a dream????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Ok last night i had a weird experience...
I went to bed about midnight, nothing strange. but then i was dreaming ,not a nice dream either. I was being chased or held down or something and i remember telling my self to wake up. So i woke up or what i thought was waking up only to find myself in a totally unrelated place in another dream. Now this happened another 3 times, each time in a scary situation of being threatened or held down. The last dream i was in these creatures were holding me down and all i was thinking was i cant move and then i slowly managed to twist to the side and sit up to find myself in my bedroom.
Now i had a massive apatite and could not stop thinking of food ,so i went to the kitchen to make some chow, and out the corner of my eye i saw what can only describe as a red light shining on the kitchen blinds about six and a half foot of the the ground. The light was concentrated in one area, not like a light flashing outside, as the window did not light up. When i turned to look it was gone. I looked out the blinds to see anything that could have made it but nothing there. i"ve had a similar dream with the "being held down"and all that but never repeating over and over until i woke up.
just want some opinions and thoughts or if anyone had anything similar.
thanks.

[edit on 3-12-2008 by Truespirit82]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Hi, how are you?

Yeah, I have had those kinda dreams before. Usually all my dreams are scary some way, and even though I'm dreaming I dream in third person. Watching myself but feeling what is happening to the me in the dream.

It is rather freaky to have the ones were you want to wake up and struggle to do so. I recentlygot a dream book with the explanations for different things in your dreams and a daily log.

It says your dreams are linked to the day you have, and your dream is in response to what has happened that day. I'm just getting into it though, notice Im not sleeping now. I'll post a couple related definitions for you later, after my girl gets up.

Good luck and dreams.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Hey lucky ,thanks for that. i"ll be interested to read what you post. Thanks mate.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Hi

I had a similiar dream on Monday - a nightmare within a nightmare - when I finally woke up and sat bolt upright, I caught a glimpse out of the corner of my eye as something black seemed to rush at me, causing me to jump a foot in the air. Turned out it was just the wind moving the curtain.

Unfortunately I cant remember either of the two nightmares, but I do remember I was very thirsty when I woke up.

Damn scary I tell you.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Thanks for that delta,i was wondering did u have trouble moving when you were waking up?

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   
How odd, I had a nightmare within a nightmare just a couple nights ago. Dreamed I was in a group being systematically stalked, tortured, and killed. Woke up to another dream where I was in an unknown room being pinned down by a force I couldn't see. Hubby actually had to forcibly shake me awake, I couldn't wake up on my own :-(

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I have had MANY strange dreams as well.Some dreams are residual thoughts from your life and some are things that pertain to your life.I think other dreams are just your sub mind letting off steam so to speak.

I have had alot of my questions answered by how I interpret my dreams.Things that bothered me or things I needed to know for some reason,I got the answer in my dreams.
For the record my nightmares are usually about heights.I am terrified of heights.In my dream I usually tell myself that I have all night long and can stay here til I wake up....then i pop into another dream.
In one recent dream I was on a skyscraper building and over my left shoulder were 3 saucer crafts that were the coolest shades of blue and pink i ever saw.It lasted about 3 seconds.

To the OP, how does that dream pertain to how you feel in regular life??

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I have always been very connected to my dreams and have experienced a lot through dreams. What I have learned is that "bad" dreams originate from your own fear. To control your dreams you need to control your fear.
Since I started having lucid dreams in my early 20s I have learned so much about the connection between my state of mind and how it affects my dreams.
Most important is that you control your dreams 100%, your dreams are mirroring your psychological state and you can access your sub-concious fears through dreams and "fix" them.

The most bizarre dream I have had was what I call a groundhog-dream where I woke up and was 100% concious and sure that I was awake in the physical world and then something absurd happened and I figured out it was a dream and woke up again only to realize that was also a dream. This happened total of 6 times before I woke up for real and it took me few minutes to accept the fact i was no longer dreaming.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Thanks for the replies guys, i wonder whether the 2 planets lining up have anything to do with it?? Just a thought ,3 people in the same week? odd....
And as for how it relates to my life atm, i will have to have a bit of a think about that one. I have a bit going on atm.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Yes, I had a lot of trouble waking up, yet strangely was aware that it was a nightmare the whole time. I was also screaming but making no sound - my girlfriend sounded rather amused when she told me I was making odd sounds and movements and even at one point said something but she can't remember what it was.

Lately I have had some lucid precognitive dreams as well, read my thread reporting this here:
Bumps in the NIght

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Interesting this is coming up now.
I've been having pretty vivid dreams within dreams too.

Mine wasnt a nightmare per say, but I saw plenty of things I didn't want to.

Seems to me we are accessing our own demons(fears) in someway in these dreams. Then we give them power by running or trying to get away. I think part of what is going on is that we are being given the ability to please these demons. It is actually pretty easy, if you can give it a try, give your nightmare a present. That's right, offer it something in your dream next time instead of running, really there is nothing to be afraid of here, other than your own fears, and if you can stand up to them and offer them something, maybe they go away or become less powerful.

Last time I was able to do this I woke up in another dream with all the BEST things going on, I even had a vision of my next tattoo! (I unrolled my sleeve to show a girl and there it was- clear as day on my forearm)

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I agree that nightmares are merely a manifestation of our own fears and insecurities and while your method might work, I somehow feel that I am giving into the demon/nightmare/fear by offering it a gift. I am not Father-frikkin-Christmas darn it ... I would prefer fighting the fear with every last breath i have. In the end I always win.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Truespirit82

I had a strange experience the other night !
I dont know if it was a dream ? But it was not a night mare !
Something woke me up ! But i was so sleepy that i drifted back to sleep !
But Then something woke me up again !
I was drifting in and out of sleep but when i fell asleep i could hear the radio on and it felt as if someone was in the house !
But when i was awake i knew the radio was not on and there was noone there but when i fell asleep i could hear the radio again.....this hapened about four or five times .

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaalphanovember
I agree that nightmares are merely a manifestation of our own fears and insecurities and while your method might work, I somehow feel that I am giving into the demon/nightmare/fear by offering it a gift. I am not Father-frikkin-Christmas darn it ... I would prefer fighting the fear with every last breath i have. In the end I always win.

Yes this method might not be for all, but step outside yourself for a moment and think about it. I guess the easiest way to describe what Im talking about is to reference "The Fifth Element"

They tried to nuke the darkness and it only made it stronger.

Also to me "winning" is understanding my darkness and demons and working with them, not trying to beat them to death with a stick, little neanderthal to me.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
A common theme in this thread is waking up hungry or thirsty, perhaps that is simply the problem.
Operating physiologicaly through a state of lack (of nutrition) is likely to produce a stress response, in the most primitive parts of our psyche/brain. Eat and drink regularly and make sure you are nourished and it might come right by itself.
Also make sure you have fatty acids, they make it easier to remember, and work with your dreams.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   
i was fully feed on the night this happened,just had a nice roast...Thanx to mum.

join