It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OK, this would freak me out.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 03:11 AM
link   
user.it.uu.se...

Imagine if you came home to this? Time to get some napalm.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 03:52 AM
link   
OMG! All the hairs on the back of my neck stood up while i was looking at those pics. Eww.... I mean....EWWWW!

Too hell with napalm...just drop an A-bomb and be done with it!!!

*shudder*

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Well there's no way that just happened overnight.
Why didn't someone do something BEFORE it got that bad?

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 04:51 AM
link   
When I seen the the first picture I was wondering what was so freaky.. While slowly scrolling down, I was still oblivious to what was so freaky. Then as I got further down I seen a bump on the tree and figured "oh, Jesus tree face", then kept scrolling and seen some brown mass, thought it was moss. Then I kept scrolling down and realized what it was.. Yeah, pretty gross, especially when brown rice was what I was thinking about eating later on. That's one bad infestation.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Hah, that looks quite nasty. We have those larvas here in Sweden as well, but they don't really expand into such numbers in an area as those pictures show. All I've seen is that they can cover a tree or two, maybe a fence if one is nearby an initial tree. They are completley harmless if I remember right.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 06:45 AM
link   
We had a Gypsy Moth caterpillar infestation in Massachusetts in the late 70's / early 80's when I was growing up there. I remember walking down the sidewalks and hearing the squishing as you stepped on all the caterpillars. GROSS!

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
That's one of the more disgusting things I've ever seen. Although I can't imagine how that could have possibly happened.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Does anyone else remember the Gypsy moth invasion of the Northeast US in the early 80s?

I don't know if it was that bad, I was still a kid, but I remember there was a year or two where you couldn't play outdoors under trees because the caterpillars were everywhere, dropping on you, underfoot, it was awful. You got a rash from them too

editing to get image links right.

[edit on 12/3/08 by americandingbat]

top topics

join