It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

fetishes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   
So my friend went to Arizona two years ago and he bought some Native American fetishes(little carvings of animals). He bought a coyote for himself which is suppose to be a trickster. In the hotel room he accidently knocked it off the dresser during the night, they tore the room apart to find it the next morning to no avail. A few days ago he was cleaning his room and on a pile of old toys in his closet is was just sitting there. He said that it looked like it was placed there.

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   
That's quite strange. But if the wolf is a trickester, then it just said "Gotcha, sucka". Well, maybe not 'sucka', but if I were a wolf, I'd say 'sucka'.

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   
lol ^^^

That is odd..definately. Perhaps you just forget you placed it there? It happens a lot..I often do that alot..I'll lose something then I'll find it in a completely different spot later..and it has a totally 'Earthly' explanation for it. Seems odd, but has this happened before?

-wD

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   
My grandfather is a sioux and he would say...

You cant lose a fetishes only they choose to lose you..

As old tales would say, That a Fetishes stays with you as long as its needed and when its job is done it will get lost and fall in to the hands of someone else who needs it.

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Sometimes I will look all over the house for a lighter that I know I just had. After I give up, I usually find it in my hand. Man I'm stupid! It could be the same type of forgetting that happened to your friend.

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Dude, don't post a thread called 'fetishes' and then start talking about some little doll carved by indians. Call the thread 'little dolls carved by indians'. This advertising was misleading and false, and I'm very dissapointed!

Geez! Get me all worked up, will ya?
DeltaChaos

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 07:32 PM
link   
LOL delta!

Strange, I havent heard of these before. Ill look into them and see what I can find.

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 10:16 PM
link   
sooooo

this thread isn't about me leaving my leather corset and whips at the Wal-Mart fitting room?

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 12:01 AM
link   
What a dissapointment

Dolls sheeeeeesh

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Wow-some people sound disappointed!

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 01:47 AM
link   
*looks around innocently* I just poped in to see who the naughty people on this board were. tisk tisk!

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 07:20 AM
link   
OK everyone lets keep this on Topic!!

fetishes = little animal dolls! or little pots!!!

Fetishes
Fetishes in Native American culture are the representations of animal (and other) spirits, made into charms and such like to be worn by the person in order to invoke the wisdom and protection of that or those particular spirits. They are also kept in purpose built pots and other vessels when not called upon directly.
The story of The Three Hunters.
Three hunters went to the mountains to obtain food but fell sick on their way. After several days of futile hunting, they got together, sat on the ground and discussed their misfortune.
They began to remember what the elders had taught them. Take a ceremonial pot with corn and sacred fetishes within and offer earnest prayers. This ritual has been handed down for generations.
Finally on the fourth day they found and killed a fox. Taking the corn form inside of the bowl, they made a stew. Not only were they revived, but their sickness was also cured.

top topics

join