It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Champion Phillies' bonus share tops $350,000

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
NEW YORK (Reuters) - The post-season bonus pool shares for the World Series champion Philadelphia Phillies was $351,504, while a full share for the American League champion Tampa Bay Rays was $223,390, Major League Baseball said on Tuesday.

source and rest of articlewww.reuters.com...

What is wrong with this?

And they will get invited to the white house to rub elbows and have a dinner I am sure. What's the price tag on that?

Aren't you all glad that we "tax payers" and "fans" pay for all of this?

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Not sure how tax payers pay for this. MLB pays for it. Don't patronize the MLB if you disagree.

Edit to add: There is nothing wrong with this.

[edit on 12-2-2008 by nyarlathotep]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Don't you just love how the people who do the most frivolous things seem to get the most attention and reward for their non-contribution to society?

Can you imagine how many people would grow up wanting to be teachers if the pay was that good, and they would get all that attention?

Obviously teachers aren't going to be glamorized in the media, or make that much money for that matter, but you get my point I hope.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I'd take it! Bottom line.

In the state of the economy that we are in. City pays for parades, we pay for the outrages ticket prices. We pay for the ads, (buying the products) advertised on the world series, advertisers pay for the ads and mark up the prices that we have to pay. MLB charges the cable companies to broadcast, we pay the cable companies. So yes we the tax payer pays for this.

My question actually is. In the state of the economy that we are in right now, and the crazy bonuses these players get, how much will we the tax payer pay for a rediculous dinner they will probably get at the white house?

Gee, can't wait for my big stimulus check again.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thethingthatwouldntleave
Gee, can't wait for my big stimulus check again.

Me either, I'v got this pack of bubblegum I've been eyeing lately.

Not sure if the stimulus check will completely cover it but it may help a little.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Yep, that big stimulus check. Not enough for everyone to catch up on bills, but just might make enough room for everyone to go buy something on credit?

I'm no economist, BUT, this country, imo, is not even close to the catostophic economic colapse we are heading for!

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
If you don't agree with it, don't watch baseball, it's as simple as that.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Honestly. I love baseball. So I do not really care if my tax money is going to MLB players, whoever, or whatever (if that is true).

Yes. I guess the MLB do get money from cable by allowing local cable companies to buy it. Also the stadiums make lots o' money right?

An analogue to this may be....

I love knowledge so I do not care if my tax money is going towards a GOOD educational system.

Wars are what I have a problem with....

Anyway. Cya

[edit on 2-12-2008 by Unlimitedpossibilities]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by nyarlathotep

I like baseball as well, your not understading my question.

That's ok too.

[edit on 2-12-2008 by Thethingthatwouldntleave]

top topics

join