It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP's Chambliss wins Senate runoff

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   

ATLANTA – Georgia Republican Sen. Saxby Chambliss handed the GOP a firewall against Democrats eager to flex their newfound political muscle in Washington, winning a bruising runoff battle Tuesday night that had captured the national limelight.
news.yahoo.com...

And so the GOP has done it. They can filibuster every thing that is to save America. Of course when the Dems threatened to filibuster it was called evil and Osama Bin Laden loving and Anti American. Now that they're going to use it? It's as American as apple pie and giving money to your friends while denying it to the companies that actually hire Americans.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Oh well, the government needs that balancing act. In any event the fact that it pretty much came down to this should let Republicans know that they really need to get their act together.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I guess you are forgetting about the RINO's that are wrecking the Repubican Party. You may as well have Democrat Super Majority with the likes of Olympia Snowe, Susan Collins, Arlen Spector, Lindsey Graham, Chuck Hagel, and John McCain. These 6 love to vote with Democrats. So it looks like the Democrats are going to have a filibuster proof Senate after all.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Was this really any surprise? Georgia has historically been a GOP state. The voting percentage wasn't even close. Only the media wanted you to think otherwise.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Am from GA and Chamblis is a piece of bull crap and he is nothing than pocketing money while kissing arse to his corporate buddies.

No wonder the state of GA is and will ever be a welfare state.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

You would have been picked up a long time ago.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by davion
reply to post by sos37

You would have been picked up a long time ago.

Hey I'll admit that. You know, if Obama does manage to turn things around (and it's proven that he's the reason for said turnaround) I'll give the man the credit he's rightly due.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
He won rightly, anyway...

I saw this on Jon Stewart rerun today... Ole' Saxby apparently forgot his grandaughter has entered puberty.

How embarrassing... And they USED this. I would have yelled, "CUT"! and had a second take.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

What - because he grabbed her chest area at the end of the video? That was more like a hug from a grandfather to a granddaughter. It's pretty sad in this day and age when the minds of people are so corrupt that "sexual abuse" is what they default to thinking about when they see stuff like that among family members.

Yeah, leave it to Jon Stewart who I'm sure has made absolutely no mistakes in his broadcast career (sarcasm) to take a legit GOP win and cheapen it any way he possibly can.
Lame.

[edit on 3-12-2008 by sos37]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
Yeah, leave it to Jon Stewart to take a legit GOP win and cheapen it any way he possibly can.
Lame.

I'll show you what's Lame!!

www.armchairsubversive.org...
thenexthurrah.typepad.com...

The GOP has cheapened any election they can win with out any help from
John Stewart.

[edit on 3-12-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Dude! Lighten up!

I know what I'm getting you for Christmas...

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
ahh gamergal. didnt i embarass you enough in your last topic talking about how its the republicans faults that there is a 700 billion dollar bailout even though a majority of them voted against it the first time??? when will you learn.?

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   

reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

What - because he grabbed her chest area at the end of the video? That was more like a hug from a grandfather to a granddaughter. It's pretty sad in this day and age when the minds of people are so corrupt that "sexual abuse" is what they default to thinking about when they see stuff like that among family members.

Yeah, leave it to Jon Stewart who I'm sure has made absolutely no mistakes in his broadcast career (sarcasm) to take a legit GOP win and cheapen it any way he possibly can.
Lame.

[edit on 3-12-2008 by sos37]

i love watching john stewart but i can see it pains him to make a liberal or democrat joke on his show. and since all you will hear now is liberal jokes against liberals, his show is no longer funny because he hates making jokes about it.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Swatman

Except the majority of GOP voted for it. Bush called for it. McCain suspended his campaign for it. The GOP did every thing they could including releasing attack ads attacking Obama and the Dems for not supporting it.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by GamerGal
reply to post by Swatman

Except the majority of GOP voted for it. Bush called for it. McCain suspended his campaign for it. The GOP did every thing they could including releasing attack ads attacking Obama and the Dems for not supporting it.

THE DEMS MAJORITY SUPPORTED IT. ARE YOU INSANE??????????????? it was the republicans that came out in great numbers and said NO BAILout. are you so blind that you cannot even see that??????? talking to you is like talking to an 8 year old. and john mccain suspended his campaign to make sure there was a plan and not specifically a bailout plan, while you had liberal nut cases like reid and pelosi demanding that the 700 billion be passed otherwise the "US would collapse on the next market opening"

[edit on 4-12-2008 by Swatman]

[edit on 4-12-2008 by Swatman]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by sos37

Dude! Lighten up!

I know what I'm getting you for Christmas...

Somehow I don't think your post would be the same if the winner were a Democrat and the video concerned a Democratic winner. I can see you taking offense to the criticism of the video posting how pathetic the criticizers are. But only if it were a Democrat.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Swatman

Dude, she's just trolling at this point, which is against the rules here. I know she's trolling because no one is stupid enough to actually claim the GOP was the majority voting for the bailout when the numbers clearly indicate otherwise: 91 voting Yes vs 108 voting No does not equal a majority.

The 263-171 roll call Friday by which the House approved a $700 billion government bailout bill for the battered financial industry.

A "yes" vote is a vote to pass the bill.

Voting yes were 172 Democrats and 91 Republicans.

Voting no were 63 Democrats and 108 Republicans.

www.post-gazette.com...

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Dude, she's just trolling at this point, which is against the rules here. I know she's trolling because no one is stupid enough to actually claim...

I don't want to cross the line in attacking a member here or anything, but have you seen her posts around here before?

You'd be surprised.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join