It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Atheists Morally Superior To Theists?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Lack of compassion atheists are not superior to compassionate theists.
Lack of compassion theists are not superior to compassionate atheists.
That's how that moral equation works out with crystal clarity.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Good deeds are good deeds. Regardless of the expectations of the doer. If you are drowning do you really care that the person saving you expects to go to Heaven for doing it, some other bonus or just the kindness of their heart? All you care at that moment is being saved. All any of this crap is more "my dog's better than your dog" childish bs. The same works for morals; if you don't do something bad because some Holybook tells you not to or you truly know it to be wrong what does it matter on the act it's self *or lack there of* and it's impact?
And quite frankly, the way this world is, a lot of people would have jack for morals if they didn't think some great judge in the sky was gonna get them if they were bad just as there are the those that are simply following the law because they don't want to go to jail.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

question:

If gandi goes to hell and and john wayne gayce goes to heaven ... who then has the market cornered on morals?

If those who profess having the moral high ground don't actually apply what they preach... how can such a person claim to be morally superior?

answer:

accept jesus christ as your savior, that he died on the cross for your sins and you get to got to heaven no matter what you do...

hmmm ... now i'm back to square one questioning how can a "moral" person believe that this is right... just... moral? ...but according to the rule-book (bible) this is all legit/permissible/acceptable... you are forgiven and embraced and guaranteed a place in heaven... all because you accept jesus into your heart/life.

Where as an atheist or person of another faith, on the other hand can be the most altruistic person who ever lived and they go to hell... because they didn't hand their body/mind/soul over to the "official story" (bible).

[edit on 29-5-2009 by The All Seeing I]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by The All Seeing I

Yet had absolutely nothing to do with my statement. And for that matter not all Christians believe as you illustrate. You pick the ones beliefs that most fit your agenda and use them.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Well, I'm not so sure about atheists or any particular theistic group being morally superior or inferior. I believe it is important to recognize the individual and not try and group a bunch of people under one criteria.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join