It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man has car stolen twice, wants to buy thief a computer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Man has car stolen twice, wants to buy thief a computer

www.news.com.au

A DARWIN pensioner whose car was stolen twice in the same night by a 12-year-old boy plans to buy the young thief a computer to try to keep him out of jail.

The Northern Territory News reports Sigmund Wilhelmsen, 46, says he wants to forgive the young thief and give him the opportunity to get an education and a job.

"There are people who really do care about kids like that,'' he said.

"There is a better life than that.''
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.ntnews.com.au

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
i am so glad to see that there are still people out there who see the potential for good in people rather than just write them off.

The guy is going to spend his own money to give an opportunity to someone who normally would be in the vicious crime / juvie cycle. Atleast this way hopefully the offender will realise that there is such a thing as kindness and good will in the world rather than grow up with a skewed take on life and a hatred for society in general.

a heart warming message of hope

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Well the intent is a good one at least. Lets hope the 12 yr old doesnt take up the hobby of hacking with that new computer.

There are people out there who really do care. Rare..very rare these days.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Yes this is good to see that some people are still human and posses some compassion.
Most evil psycho's would want the kid punished.
They don't see the real reasons things like this happen in the first place.
He wants to show this kid, that he can have a car like this of his own if he wants one, and how to get one.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
WOW!! i know I'm going to get kicked in the head from some people but the way i see it

The 12 year old should be punished not NOT!! have a computer bought for him as this shows the 12 year old that Crime pays

Where is the repercussion's for his actions for steeling this mans car??

We all know what is right and wrong in life and just because this 12 year old has not been going to school should not be any different.

But we see it time and time again that a number of children in the community don't get the care that the parents should provide

They would rather sit under a tree and get drunk

[edit on 2-12-2008 by duffster]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Well...This is a tough opinion on my behalf but the man has a good heart and I only wish that there were more folks like him, Maybe the world would be a bit more tolerable..The kid should have to do some time or community service and maybe rehabilitation will change the kid and a new computer may also help further his rehab after he completes his punishment....

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmd18B
The kid should have to do some time or community service and maybe rehabilitation will change the kid and a new computer may also help further his rehab after he completes his punishment....

sorry, but i think thats totallly wrong. and i will tell why.

when i do something wrong, i feel pretty darn bad about it later, at that time i have the opportunity to change myself. this kid...and yes he is just a kid, we all did stupid things when we were kids. he has the opportunity to realize what he did was wrong without having to go through the motions.

if he continues down the path he is on, then he will end up in juvie or prison, but i think it is good he has this chance, the guy that gave him that chance has probably done stupid things in which he realized he was wrong, and corrected it on his own.

i absolutely hate the idea of therapy, and community service. at least i do for a 12 year old KID.

give the kid a chance. then if he doesnt learn, we know where he will end up.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I bet the guy buying the computer is the EPITOME of a pushover.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Scarecrow
I bet the guy buying the computer is the EPITOME of a pushover.

lol pushover he may be but hey i would rather that they bring a positive message rather than being a hardliner and asking young offenders to be 'culled' en mass.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Some may say being treated nicely is exactly what a troubled youth needs.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I'd actually like to meet this guy now that I think about it. I'd rob him every single day.
I'd get all kinds of new stuff.

[edit on 4-12-2008 by The Scarecrow]

new topics

top topics

join