It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US masses naval-air-marine might in Arabian Sea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   

US masses naval-air-marine might in Arabian Sea

www.disclose.tv

US masses naval-air-marine might in Arabian Sea opposite India, Pakistan, Iran

DEBKAfile Exclusive Report

December 1, 2008, 9:18 AM (GMT+02:00)
carrier

USS John Stennis carrier

Three US aircraft carriers with strike groups, task forces and nuclear submarines have piled up in the waters of the Arabian Sea opposite the shores of India, Pakistan and Iran, and in the Persian Gulf.

DEBKAfile's military sources report that the US began massing this formidable array of floating firepower at the outset of the Islamist terrorist attack on the Indian city of Mumbai last Wednesday, Nov. 26.

Tehran responded typically with a threat of retaliation should the Americans decide to use the Mumbai terrorist attack to hit Iran.

It is more likely, according to our military sources, that the Americans are on the ready in case the rising tensions between India and Pakistan over the New Delhi's charge of Pakistani involvement in the Mumbai atrocity explodes into an armed clash on their border.

This is indicated by the units now deployed:

1. the USS John C. Stennis, which carries 80 fighter-bombers and 3,200 sailors and airmen and leads a strike group..

This carrier joins two already there, the USS Theodore Roosevelt, which patrols the northern Arabian Sea, part of whose strike group cruises opposite Iran's southern coast; and the USS Iwo Jima, which carries a large marine contingent on board.

2. New to these waters, according to DEBKAfile's military sources, is the Destroyer Squadron 50/CTF 55, which has two task forces: Patrol Forces Southwest Asia (PATFORSWA) for strikes against warships and the rapid deployment of marines to flashpoint arenas; and Mine Countermeasures Division 31, which stands ready to prevent New Delhi or Islamabad from mining the Arabian Sea routes connecting their ports. Those routes are vital waterways for US marine traffic supporting the war in Afghanistan.

3. To manage this armada, the command and control vessel, USS Mount Whitney, has been brought over from the Mediterranean.

4. Four nuclear submarines.

The arrival of the southwest Asian marine patrol carrier Stennis and the Mount Whitney to the Arabian Sea opposite Iran's shores set alarm bells ringing in Tehran. Our Iranian sources note that the Islamic republic's rulers remember that after al Qaeda's attack on the United States on Sept. 11, 2001, the Americans did not only invade Afghanistan, but also Iraq and they fear a similar sideswipe.

The Iranian chief of staff, Maj. Gen. Ataoallah Salehi sounded a warning when he stated Sunday, Nov. 30: The "heavy weight" of enemy warships provides the Iranian side with an ideal opportunity for launching successful counter-attacks.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Israel is getting impatient..
They will attack Iran soon, regardless of consequences.

I can see it happening..
Truly.

"The Nuclear Genie is NOT going back in the bottle."

If anyone disagrees, why all the build up and rhetoric lately?

www.disclose.tv...

www.disclose.tv
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
While it's likely that our forces "gathered" there to observe the potential conflict between India and Pakistan, time grows short for Israel if they wish to strike Iran.

You just have to know that scores of Iranian puckers squeeked tight when they realized what was off over the horizon. And while you have someone busy looking one way . . .

While scanning the horizon for danger, don't miss the viper that lies just between your feet.

Yeah. If I were Iranian right now, I think I'd be concerned.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I don't think that this massive gathering of fire power is for the eventuality that India and Pakistan start a war. I mean what will this Firepower be used for....will The US threaten both India and Pakistan?..... Should you start a war i will destroy you both.....

This is most certainly for Iran:

Russian intelligence sees U.S. military buildup on Iran border

and if some of you think that Obama will not allow a war on Iran please read article bellow:

Obama’s national security team and the failure of American democracy

the current team selected by Obama signal a continuation of current Bush policy....

The significance of these choices is unmistakable. They represent an open and contemptuous repudiation of the will of the voters expressed just last month. While millions turned out at the polls in November with the aim of putting an end to eight years of war and repression under the Bush administration, Monday's announcement signaled there will be no such change. Rather, there was a distinct tone of militarism and aggression to the press conference, with vows to use "all elements of American power" and "strengthen our military and increase our ground forces to defeat the threats of the 21st century." Among these "threats," Obama cited "newly assertive powers [who] have put strains on the international system."

The Gates appointment: Obama slaps antiwar voters in the face

he agreement by Defense Secretary Robert Gates to remain at the Pentagon under the incoming Democratic administration—widely reported in the US media over the past 24 hours—is the starkest and most brazen rebuff given by President-elect Barack Obama to the tens of millions who voted for him based on the false promise that he would bring “change” to Washington.

[edit on 2-12-2008 by rattan1]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I live near a test range and I swear, in the past months, we've heard some very, very big stuff.

The MOAB was first tested here, and it was as expected: loud. You could feel the windows rattle a bit and actually feel the low frequency vibrations.

But until a couple weeks ago, the massive explosions we were feeling would sound like they were just down the street - which of course they weren't.

I live miles and miles from the nearest range, but a few of these would sound like a 155 going off just a few hundred meters away.

Testing? Preparing? Both?

Iran's number is coming up. And in the Arabian Sea, it appears a gathering of Eagles. Underground facilities? They better be deep! Really, really, DEEP!

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Wow. This looks eerily similar to the thread i posted just yesterday:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Yes but they were already there before the Mumbai attacks.
They have been there, for ages.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Or maybe they are using this as a smoke screen to gather their forces for a somalia pirate assault of gigantic proportions.

That and some NATO assistance would be enough to scare me out of piracy.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shere Khaan
Or maybe they are using this as a smoke screen to gather their forces for a somalia pirate assault of gigantic proportions.

That and some NATO assistance would be enough to scare me out of piracy.

You know that's a possibility.
When they start stealing Saudi oil.
Many people start to get peeved.
And although these Pirates are pathetic, and are no match for even a small military like Sierra Leone.
It is how they operate and where they are that makes it a monumental task to try and get them all.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I thought the Stennis pulled into Bremerton on Nov 21.
How long would it take to sail to the Arabian Sea?

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
People around here have been saying consistently that Bush is going out with a bang - either in a bid to stay on, or just to force the next administration into a certain course.

This is looking more and more like it's' gonna happen - and I KNOW this ones going nuclear
... I mean, honestly, who dosen't believe that is on the cards? - look who playing, Iran (with Russia) Russia in their own right, India, Pakistan, the greys, the Reptilians (sorry) and of course Israel.

What's the time span now - 20th jan next year right?? so we got less than 48 days.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Nope I don't think so I think Bush is done.
He was just a puppet anyway hes not a thinker just a spokesman and not even a very good public speaker.
The people behind him have already got there new puppets.
Its whether anyone is going to see this and try and stop them this time.
They have tried to confuse people with Obama.
Not many realize he worked a short time for the CIA.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
i cant find any other news sources that say anything on this subject can someone please post some?

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   
This is not breaking news,there was an on-going buildup in the area even before the Georgia/Russia conflict ,with the aim of taking out Iran's nuclear capability(surprise!)and the plan is still very much on the table.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I think that a war between Iran,USA and Israel could have significant importance for the American Geo strategic goal towards Asia. It could be really vulnerable for the US and Israel.
Because Iran might merge even more with Russia and China. Giving Russia and China access to the Persian gulf. And that would be a really downer for the safety of Israel and the middle east. And the American dominance of that sea line.

I dont think the US is going to approve of a first strike by Israel. But Israel might do it anyway. They dont always listen to what the US tell them.

But the more the west scare Iran with a attack the more dangerous they will become.

new topics

top topics

join