It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astronauts on Skylab 3 photographed GIANT UFO 1973

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by LunaCognita

great post LunaCognita

i also find it hard to believe that the Astronauts would not be questioned about what this object looked like in more descriptive detail. you know they were questioned about it, but i am sure we will never see any documentation about that part if it actually was put on paper.

one thing i find very interesting is it seems James O'berg is the lead paid debunker for NASA and anything having to do with UFO's and Astronauts he is all over it. in the report done by Macabee about this case i am finding that Astronaut Garriott said this...

It's all debriefed in terms of time on channel A, so the precise timing and location can be picked up from there."

and then Oberg says this...

according to Oberg the Channel A tape recorder was not on, so the exact time cannot be determined.

if these statements are true from both of them ....one of them has to be either mistaken or lying .....wich one do you think it is ?

one says the tape was working and one says it was not....if i am reading this correctly ?

another quote that i find very compelling about what the Astronauts seen described the object as something NOT from this Earth

LOUSMA: I saw a couple of satellites that appeared like a satellite would on earth.

I saw one that was not like one you would see on earth,

that statement to me say's it ALL.....

no official report that identifies this object and plenty of evidence that shows a cover up about what happened.

makes me sick actually...lol

NASA is LYING about this, there is no question about it.

[edit on 12-12-2008 by easynow]

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
also i was going to say that if tape A was working as Garriott said then Norad could have tracked down the identity of this object if it was a Earthly satellite if i am not mistaken?

It's all debriefed in terms of time on channel A, so the precise timing and location can be picked up from there."

www.brumac.8k.com...

so it's obvious that they either didn't know what it was or they don't want us to know what it was. a coverup either way

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Hey Easynow, thanks bud. I try!

Originally posted by easynow
i was going to say that if tape A was working as Garriott said then Norad could have tracked down the identity of this object if it was a Earthly satellite if i am not mistaken?

In this case, NORAD would not even have needed to rely on the Channel A tape to determine the initial timeline or classification of this object (be it either "cataloged" or "unidentified").

The timeline could be readily established because we know the astronauts reported the revolution (orbit) number they were on when they initially Tally-ho'ed this object. We know that the astronauts observed this object for approximately a ten-minute period on an orbit similar to their own, and that it did not deviate more than 10 or 20 degrees during this period. We also know they lost sight of this object as it crossed the terminator into darkness (and they can calculate to the second when Skylab entered darkness). Plus, thanks to astronaut Garriott counting off the difference in time between the terminator crossing, we have a decent range estimation to this huge object, putting it some 30 to 50 nautical miles away from Skylab.

From this, it would be easy for NORAD to take Skylab's known orbit data during that revolution and reverse-extrapolate for the required timing and location data to see if a previously cataloged object was near Skylab. NORAD would simply run the timeline back to that 10-minute period prior to terminator cross-over, then increase the 25-mile “safety box” they used to calculate satellite/debris conjunction with Skylab to 50 miles (or even 100 miles), and see if any cataloged objects popped up on the proximity warning (you know, like a warning about some HUGE, oscillating, red-glowing satellite platform that will appear out of nowhere and may decide to play station-keeping games with Skylab before vanishing like a ghost - that kinda warning).

LOUSMA: I saw a couple of satellites that appeared like a satellite would on earth. I saw one that was not like one you would see on earth,

that statement to me say's it ALL.....

Yeah, I think it does as well. I bet if you were a fly on the wall during that conversation, Jack Lousma had one hell of a big grin on his face when he said that! The implication he is making is obvious as hell. Care to elaborate on what you mean by that, Jack?

[edit on 12-12-2008 by LunaCognita]

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   

thanks LunaCognita

i was trying to find out if Garriott was still alive or not ? and i have found that he was born in 1930 i believe and i can't find anything on the web that say's he is still alive or not. i would love to try and contact him if he is. not sure what good it would do at this point and if he would talk about it. might have to wait for that death bed confession. also i am going to look up the other astronauts and see what i can find out.

www.jsc.nasa.gov...
en.wikipedia.org...

Astronaut Owen Garriott Performs EVA During Skylab 3

also something i didn't know was that Garriott's son has gone up to the current Space Station and i wonder if Dad ever told him the real story about what happened ?

www.richardinspace.com...
www.freerepublic.com...

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   

reply to post by easynow

i was trying to find out if Garriott was still alive or not?

Yes, Owen Garriott is still alive. He is almost 80 years old I guess, but still kicking! Here is father and son together just before Richard visited the ISS.
women.timesonline.co.uk...

All three Skylab III vets are alive, but getting any of them to respond to questions about this incident in writing would be difficult. They typically do not get into discussions like this unless they are told to. Still, always worth a try if you can get hold of their contact information. You never know.

Cheers!

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
just some zooms to see any details

[edit on 12-12-2008 by easynow]

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Luna cognita, thanks for the very candid and clearly-expressed views. Since it seems to me, based on your assertions, that you are immune to any possible contrary evidence, and strong in your faith, further discussion is obviously pointless.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Awesome!!! This totally coincides with my Siberian sighting - I saw an orange glow at 20,000 feet (inside cloud) that was the size of a stadium.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Do you have more details to share on the Siberian experience? Date, time, your location, direction of object?

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
very interesting story here

Astronauts seen something they could not explain and said that it did not look like any satellites they had ever seen before.

no doubt ...this was a UFO

Alien craft ? who knows

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by optimus primal

it almost looks like this satellite
but why it would be so red, and why nasa wouldn't be able to identify it or norad for that matter is beyond me.

and to navalFC , what else are they supposed to call it when it's obviously in some form of stable orbit?

Probably because it may be a secret military satellite of the USA or USSR.

There are some large wispy satellites (possibly inflated in various ways) with various kinds of cloaking up there. Some may be intelligence / radar sats.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
they must know that everyone knows that ufos are real and that they're hiding it- so why do they continue to hide it? who or what are they trying to protect/conceal?

i think most people believe in ufos, they just aren't game to say so because they fear ridicule or losing their job/friends.

i suspected they were real, but i didnt want to believe something without being convinced by evidence, so i decided: if they're real, and they've probably been here for a long time, then there should be archaeological evidence and physical evidence all over the world and way back to ancient history confirming this. so i went looking for it on the internet. and there is. plenty of it. i was deluged by it. if you actually spend hours looking for it. Megalithic architecture is a good place to start...

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by mbkennel

Astronaut Testimony...

LOUSMA: I saw a couple of satellites that appeared like a satellite would on earth.

I saw one that was not like one you would see on earth,

so maybe it was a secret satellite ?

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Great find OP.

Starred and flagged.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Your to funny people, seeing Ufos in everything.

This is obviously chinese lanterns, case closed.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flighty
Great find OP.

Starred and flagged.

thanks

shame Nasa won't publicly discuss this case ?

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
oops different pic sorry ignor

[edit on 27-2-2009 by atsbeliever]

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flighty
Great find OP.

Starred and flagged.

thanks

shame Nasa won't publicly discuss this case ?

Shame you ignore what discussions NASA has had on this and other cases.

The only 'disclosure' you seem to want is a certified letter from NASA stating that YOU were right all along. Anything else -- still 'coverup'!!

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Shame you ignore what discussions NASA has had on this and other cases.

The only 'disclosure' you seem to want is a certified letter from NASA stating that YOU were right all along. Anything else -- still 'coverup'!!

shame you haven't presented it

and i see your up to the same tricks by trying to discredit me with your personal attacks.

why not discuss the subject instead of me ? maybe because you got squat ?

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
here's another interesting unidentified object that was seen by the Gemini 11 Astronauts.

On September 13, 1966 during their sixteenth revolution, the Gemini 11
astronauts, Charles "Pete" Conrad and Richard Gordon, Jr., sighted an object
which they could not identify

FROM THE TRANSCRIPT OF GEMINI-11, TAPE 133., PAGE 1 (SEPTEMBER 13, 1966):

"WE HAD A WINGMAN FLYING WING ON US GOING INTO SUNSET HERE OFF TO MY LEFT. A
LARGE OBJECT THAT WAS TUMBLING AT ABOUT 1 REV. PER SECOND, AND WE FLEW . . .
WE HAD HIM IN SIGHT, I SAY FAIRLY CLOSE TO US. I DON'T KNOW. IT COULD DEPEND
ON HOW BIG HE IS AND I GUESS HE COULD HAVE BEEN ANYTHING FROM OUR ELSS* TO
SOMETHING ELSE. WE TOOK PICTURES OF IT."

according to Mallan, Astronaut Gordon
stated that the object was first seen out their left window, it "flew out in
front of us and then we lost it when it sort of dropped down in front of
us." This direction of motion is roughly opposite to that of the Proton 3
according to the NORAD report quoted in Mallan's article (see Figure 6).

Thus we have inconsistency (e), the Proton was behind the Gemini spacecraft
and (f), the object(s) were not even travelling in the direction of the
Proton satellite and booster.

According to Mallan, NORAD claimed that they were not tracking anything in
front of the space capsule. Thus, for all of these reasons the object(s)
could not have been the Proton.

The photographic evidence presented in this paper appear to be totally
inconsistent with the hypothesis that the Gemini 11 astronauts photographed
the Proton 3 and/or its booster rocket. Verbal evidence presented by Mallan
supports this conclusion. This writer has found no evidence to support the
conclusion stated by Roach in the Condon Report. Note: This sighting is
carried as "unidentified" by NASA.

brumac.8k.com...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join