It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racism: The Social Cancer of Society

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
What do you call a black person on the Moon? A problem!
What do call all black people on the Moon? A solution!

Have you heard about the new German oven? It's a two seater!

These racial "jokes" may seem rather innocent at first, the tellers of which may just be misinformed or mislead. But these are byproducts of Racism, the social cancer of mankind. Its poison causes people to turn against each other, even bring harm to each other because their skin is a different shade, they ancestors came from a different part of the world, or believe in something different. The Middle East is in havok (India may be falling into the same boat) due to racial hatred.
People are dying.
Racism Kills.
We must end it.
Jews are not descandents of Satan.
Blacks are not "mud men."
No race is inferior to another.
We must stop it.
Diversity and acceptance would make the world much more peaceful. Racism is the root of most of the world's violence and hatred.
Look, if we can eliminate racism, we can improve our planet. It's the only one we have.
So, wherever you see it turn it's ugly head, try (peacefully) to quell it. Yes, I know, it may not be quite feasible, but if this can help turn one mind around, away from hate, it will be more than worth the effort. Just try to stop it. If we want a peaceful future, it must end. Please. Join me in this. Please

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
People wont change, period. As long as they get their hateful ideologies from thier parents, it wont end. HOWEVER if man kind would turn their hearts to Jesus Christ ,and let Him ,and our heavenly Father guide us, it should perish, but you can only lead a horse to water.

Satan has got a great hold on the hearts of humanity. He's lead alot of people to Hell. especially the hateful/ racists. The Lord syas Love Thy Neighbor As Thyself.

Soon enough, people will change. people change everyday.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Racial prejudice discrimination against Whites is generally referred to as Caucasophobia. White tourists have especially been targeted many times by Islamist attackers in Egypt, Morocco, Indonesia, Tunisia, Yemen, or India. After Ayatollah Khomeini radical supporters took over the American diplomatic mission in Tehran, Iran on November 4, 1979, they released all African-Americans. The remaining 52 White American hostages were held captive until January 1981. Indonesian bomber responsible for 202 deaths in Bali bombings said he was not 'sorry for the whites' for 'they got what they deserved'.

Anti-White prejudices in the Muslim world are often associated with Anti-Zionism and Anti-Semitism, since Zionism is viewed by many Muslims as a "White western Jewish imposition".

In the United States, there have been many attacks against white Americans on the basis of their ethnicity. According to FBI statistics from 1995-2002, Whites are the second most targeted group for racially motivated hate crime. In particular, the Black Nationalist Nation of Islam is regarded as racist and anti-White. Black Nationalists have been known to propagate Afrocentric pseudohistory in order to emphasize perceived "Black superiority" over Whites. One series of unprovoked crimes that specifically targetted White Americans is the Zebra murders that occurred in San Francisco between 1973 and 1974. The final death count varies depending on which killings are included, but it is believed to account for more than 71 murders in addition to numerous rapes and attempted murders.

The Carleton University Students' Association has voted to drop a cystic fibrosis charity as the beneficiary of its annual Shinearama fundraiser, because cystic fibrosis "has been recently revealed to only affect white people, and primarily men".

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 04:18 AM
link   
You're right about racism being a cancer on society.

The practise of a person labelling,judging,demonizing and villifying other people they have never met just because of an assumed or perceived difference is
lazy,bigoted,small minded and quite childish in its ignorance.

That said,another cancer on society is also when overtly religious label,judge,demonize and villify other people they have never met just because of an assumed and perceived difference
(the 'inferior non beleiver' derogative terms like goys,kuffars,heathens,heretics, ect.. spring to mind).

The practise of deluding yourself that you are more superior holy,chosen or special to other people just because of an 'opinion' is also
lazy,bigoted,small minded and quite childish in its ignorance (and has certain comparative parallels with racism).

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Hear! Hear!

Not only is it a cancer and I don't care which group it is directed against, it is America's Achilles’ heel and may (hope not) be a major factor in its downfall.

The reaction to Obama's nomination is interesting. This poor soul has hit all of the buttons: African American, Islamic-sounding name and experience with other cultures.

America is reeling right now and it will be illustrative to see where it eventually lands.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by sobek52

You know, maybe if we could stop accusing one another of being racists, there wouldn't be any racists.

I don't believe racism is a natural human state; it must be taught. How can we forget about racism if we won't let it die?

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
racism is definitely a cancer and there's no cure in sight.
it's here at ATS.
people will continue the vicious cycle.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I, personally am not religious. I think there are other ways to stopping racism. But, I also respect others' beliefs, and think that religion does teach many good morals.
I think that we also need to stop racism before it's taught.
Any suggestions on how?

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
In my opinion, Blacks keep racism alive themselves. It gives them an easy scapegoat to point at for their own short-commings in life.

People immigrate to this country and work harder at their jobs and gain higher levels of education than the people brought up here, even through they have a tougher road to follow to that success. The difference is, they don't whine and complain the whole time that all their woes are "whiteys" fault.

If racism is to end in America, it has to start with the minorities (specifically blacks). They need to stop acting like they are different from everyone else and entitled to more rights and privileges than everyone else. Times are tough. It’s not my fault and it’s not my ancestors fault as they came here after slavery had ended. It’s time to move past slavery and our ugly history. It doesn’t need to be forgotten, but as a white person I don’t need to hear everyday how their failure to hold a job, their inability raise a family with a father and mother who provide for their kids, and their crack addiction is all my fault.

Exactly how does the history of slavery cause a modern day black man ignore his obligation to raise his children? How did it get him to commit crimes and get hooked on drugs? Even if I called him an n-word to his face, how does it dis-enable him to be a functioning part of society?

Respect is not just given, it’s earned. Raise yourselves up from your pity party and strive for more. Mr. Obama was born a poor Kenyan, raised by only his mother and grandmother and now he’s president. Did racism hold him back?

This thread, in addition to a-holes like Jesse Jackson is what keeps racism alive and well in America. Every time I hear a black person talk about racism is holding him down, my knee-jerk response is to call him a lazy n-word just making excuses for his own ineptitude.

Earn my respect and I’ll stop looking at you as black and view you like I view all the other minorities in America, as just another American, with no distinction from me.

This is my opinion. If you don’t like it, too bad, but this is common opinion amongst whites… that is, if blacks stopped complaining about black racism it WOULD go away quickly.

Flame me if you will, but I am giving an honest response to this topic.

[edit on 3-12-2008 by JonInMichigan]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Have you noticed my anti nazi avatar?
These guys really just hate people for the color of their skin or lineage. FOR NO REAL REASON EITHER! THEY HAVE NO PROOF OF WHAT THEY CLAIM!

And jon, you do seem to make a solid point.

[edit on 3-12-2008 by sobek52]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I have no problem with a person being racist. What a man thinks is his business, and it should not be the job of everyone else to say what is wrong and right thought-wise.

What I think most people have a problem with is when a racist person engages in violent behavior. Racism does not always equate to a violent personality. To look down upon a person who has committed no crime is elitism at worst.

So if someone wishes to lead their lives with a silly belief about races, let them. As long as that person doesn’t trample the rights of others who am I to say what they should believe.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
you know wut jon ur an old raciest ass ur self. im a black man and a muslim so u prolly hate me. blacks will stop talking about racism when whites finally trear us like equals thats all we want. its not a crutch its a important part of our hithat every black person should fully know and understand. if it causes us to hate whites even more are mistrust them even more then so be it. i get pissed off every time i watch an old movie about slavery. i wasent alive in those days but it still pisses me off to see how brutal and evil my people were treated for no reason. just for being black. u all wanna say blacks are crack heads like blacks are the only ones who do drugs. like blacks are the only one who do crimes. when i read ur post all i did was shake my head and say "white devils never change" thats my knee jerk reaction. u all think they got a black president they should be happy. we are happy that we have come this far but that dont erase the past that dont erase eveything we have suffered frfom the habds of whites and continue to suffer. u are only happy with black leaders that pacify you and the white community tell u what u wanna hear. but when a blackleaders is telling the truth about black history and how the white man continues to discriminate against the black man you get all pissy. the truth hurts. if u want racism to stop u stop being one and treat us as ur equal. ur post makes u sound like u think ur better then us when ur not. its peole like u and ur pathetic attempts to seem like ur not a hateful raciest that makes racism worse. i dont like white people, and i can list reason all day, me being a proud black muslim, im discriminated against everyday. will end this here befor it gets offensive

new topics

top topics

join