It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bedfordshire daylight UFO footage!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
UFO(s) filmed over Bedfordshire in broad daylight - well, its dusk realy.

Any ideas on this one?
The lights appear to be in a triangular formation at the beginning.
It seems Bedfordshire has been a bit of a hotspot recently:

Last month the Times & Citizen reported that a mysterious object had been spotted in the skies above Clapham and captured on video.

That led to readers from across the county telling us about their own close encounters -- and now UFO Investigations UK wants the Ministry of Defence to probe the issue.

Spokesman James Hatfield said: "More than 200 people got in touch one day in June claiming to have seen UFOs.

"Normally we receive ten to 15 calls a day. So far we've not been able to explain all the sightings.

"It's time for an official inquiry.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
That's pretty good. It looks like three separate objects rather than one triangle. I like seeing how they move and pulsate. Thanks for the post

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
They look like landing lights to me.
London Luton Airport, perhaps.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I live in clapham! I check the sky every night when im getting into bed, never anything though
. You sure you posted the right video link cos it looks like the US to me, for one the cars are driving on the right hand side and Bedfordshire hardly has any hills apart from the dunstable downs and I noticed a couple of big mounds in that vid. A possible explanation for the sightings over Clapham could be something to do with the twinwoods airfield, I know that the MOD still own it and rent it out to businesses, dunno if theyre still doing there own thing up there as well?

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Dam, just replied to this thread but forgot to log in before I did so I guess you'll have to wait til tomorrow to see what I thought. Just wondering though if you posted the right video because it looks like the US in that footage.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12
UFO(s) filmed over Bedfordshire in broad daylight - well, its dusk realy.

Any ideas on this one?

I liked the operators effort to keep a still camera -- but the footage did not impress me. But I must confess that lights in the dark sky don't do anything for me.

Balloons, Chinese lanterns, landing lights? Who knows?

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   

I think this is the one you wanted

[edit on 2-12-2008 by onetruesaxon]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Yea could be, but do the planes actually LAND or are on approach forever?!?! Even coming in from a distance..they are gonna change direction EVENTUALLY but these didn't.

Sorry climb back into your weather balloon

Originally posted by Phage
They look like landing lights to me.
London Luton Airport, perhaps.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by onetruesaxon

I see you corrected your post, so I will remove my link.

[edit on 2/12/2008 by ArMaP]

[edit on 2/12/2008 by ArMaP]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by atsbeliever

Watch at about :45, the light on the left dims and moves to the left before it disappears, the plane making right turn and the lights no longer pointing at the camera. At 1:36 the center light behaves the same way, dimming then moving to the left before disappearing. It looks like they are turning onto their downwind leg before landing.

At about 2:30 you can briefly see lights moving from the left side across to the right, aircraft on final approach.

When lights appear it is in more or less the same area. They get lower and lower (compare to the power poles) then make a right turn and disappear. Landing approach.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
That's not Bedfordshire UK. There are no mountain ranges like that anywhere near London. I'd say this shows several aircraft approaching an airport. They can be seen over twenty-five miles away on direct approach with lamps full on.

WG3

[edit on 2-12-2008 by waveguide3]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
fantastic footage

thanks for sharing!

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
i have to agree, they are just lights and could be anything. the movement is in the realms of human technology we know of, therefore it must be.

untill somebody gets something making impossible manouvers at high speeds, and there are reference points to measure the speed or distance covered in the sky they will always be just lights.

its frustrating, i've been looking for something simular to what i witnessed for a while and although some come close, i've never seen anything on a par with it.

the rule i use is if it moves like known human technology then it is known human technology even if it is not yet been indentified to determine exactly what it is. the reason i use that rule, is because the thing that convinced me what i saw was a u.f.o. was simply two things.

1. speed

2. movement

no explaination ive heard can account for those two things in my case. and untill we get footage like it they are just lights.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
wow its awesome we have certified experts in aircraft recognition on this very forum!!
But its also funny when certified experts in aircraft see things they cant explain (UFOs) no one takes them seriously. You skeptics cant have it both ways.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by atsbeliever
wow its awesome we have certified experts in aircraft recognition on this very forum!!
But its also funny when certified experts in aircraft see things they cant explain (UFOs) no one takes them seriously. You skeptics cant have it both ways.

No the problem is when people see such things poeple, especially some here all of a sudden turn unidentified aircraft into alien aircraft without any proof of such.

I could go outside tonight, and see something I cant explain, but that it and of itself is NOT proof of alien craft.

UFO phenomenon needs to be researched scientifically.

It is a shame that people look down upon skeptics, as skepticism is the wa of science and peer review. You look at the evidence and go where it takes you, but you dont blow things out of proportion.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by atsbeliever

I would like to become certified. Are there classes? How much do they cost and where do I sign up? Are there varying levels of expertosity?

[edit on 12/2/2008 by Phage]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 04:41 AM
link   

I could go outside tonight, and see something I cant explain, but that it and of itself is NOT proof of alien craft.

Can't disagree with that one.

UFO phenomenon needs to be researched scientifically.

Absolutely

It is a shame that people look down upon skeptics, as skepticism is the way of science and peer review.

I agree..but it is worth pointing out that some folks turn their backs on true open minded scepticism and instead become prejudiced,close minded cynics.
It seems these folks enjoy shoehorning their own narrow minded preconceptions onto the UFO subject without giving a fig for the scientific values of objectivity and impartiality.
I think,in a way,these people are just as bad as (and a mirror image of) people who think 'everything' is a UFO.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by waveguide3
That's not Bedfordshire UK. There are no mountain ranges like that anywhere near London. I'd say this shows several aircraft approaching an airport. They can be seen over twenty-five miles away on direct approach with lamps full on.

WG3

[edit on 2-12-2008 by waveguide3]
could be an angle from Dunstable Downs (the chiltern hills) Although I'm stumped as to where abouts,that big long fence could be something to do with the zoo.

These ain't planes. IMO. Edit to add,the reason i don't think these are planes,is that planes don't like to fly that close together.

[edit on 3/12/2008 by Acidtastic]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Airplanes on approach arent moving very fast, so landing lights would seem to appear stationary for awhile until the plane changes direction.

But regardless of where that video was shot, one thing is not being pointed out by the "airplane experts".

There is not one but two of those lights in the first video that move to the left and or right, and the light is still shining towards the camera. That would not happen with your typical landing lights that are pointing directly to the front of the aircraft......unless they started putting landing lights that point to the left and right of aircraft. The only lights that I am aware of that are on the side of an aircraft are those red and green flashing wing tip lights.

These lights are not green or red nor do they flash.

If I had to take a wild first guess, it would be that these lights are from helicopters...perhaps news helicopters.

But....these lights are somewhat large given the distance from the camera, and they are somewhat bright given the light intensity of them vs the surrounding light of dusk.

They also seem to be yellowish rather than a pure white. And are almost the same intensity as the oncomming cars on the road, as well as the same yellowish tint, which is normal from tungsten filament type lights.

Halogens produce a more white light than regular tungsten filament lights. And of course those new LED based lights produce that god awful bluish white light.

Again not sure what to make of em, but I think they are helicopter lights from news crews hovering around some hot news event.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

there are no "hot news events" in deepest darkest Bedfordshire,unless someone lets a wet fart in the highstreet. Serious,I grew up there,it's dull.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join