It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Alert System* Tell what weird possible Earthquake Animal, Sky or Water behavior is happening -

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 04:37 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

Acorns are a new one for me. Low frequency waves from the tectonic plates cause weird animal behavior from what I have heard. As for acorns, I live in NE Texas and I assure you there is no shortage of acorns. I have 9 oak trees in my yard. Acorns drive me crazy this time of year. I have a bumper crop of them this year. The only old wives tale I have heard about acorns is that when you have more than usual it is going to be a cold winter. If that is true, this is going to be a very cold winter. lol

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Well my dog has been restless, and has been barking a helluva lot.

Could be that I'm ill today and couldn't walk her though.....

Plus I live in Oxford in England so probably nothing major to report.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall

Originally posted by antar
(Dogs may even get more vicious like closer to earthquakes (biting).

Well that bit got my attention! We live in southern Spain (Malaga) and no earthquakes predicted here but my Weimaraner has given a nip to the whole family, on different occassions, over the past few days.

He's 6 and it's totally out of character for him to bite any of us! I actually put it down to my son allowing him to sleep on his bed. Anyone with a Weimaraner knows that if you give them an inch they want a mile
- He's been banned from the bedroom again and I'm keeping an eye on his behaviour. We can't have him start biting people and sleeping on my son's bed is the only thing that's changed. Let's hope that's the reason and his change of behaviour isn't to do with an earthquake!

Edit to add - he's also been whining and crying every time my husband leaves the house. He used to do that when he was a puppy but no reason for him to have started again now.

[edit on 3-12-2008 by Maya00a]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 05:10 AM
link   
I tried to post this before I joined but I guess it didn't go through. Not sure if it is relevant but I am in south central Indiana and this article ran in our local paper. Maybe due to hunting season but seems rather odd.

MARKLE — Five deer that wandered onto a highway overpass jumped to their deaths onto Interstate 69, one of them crashing through a tractor-trailer’s windshield, police said.

After the animals’ fatal plunge, their mangled carcasses littered the expressway to the horror of motorists who approached Friday’s scene in the northbound lanes of I-69.

Wells County EMS paramedic Andy Stimpson said he wasn’t prepared for what he saw when he arrived at the crash scene at the U.S. 224 overpass about 20 miles southwest of Fort Wayne.

“It’s the weirdest run I’ve ever had in 28 years,” he said.

John Salb, a spokesman for the state Department of Natural Resources, said the deer may have been spooked by cars as they were crossing the overpass and jumped from the overpass, not knowing a busy highway was far below them.

The 20- to 30-foot fall killed all five deer about 12:30 p.m. Friday, said Brian Jenks, a dispatcher with the Huntington County Sheriff’s Department.

The last of the five deer went through the windshield of a tractor-trailer rig, but the driver was not hurt, police said.

Late fall is a stressful time of year for deer as hunters push through fields and woods, hoping to scare deer out of their cover, said DNR spokesman Phil Bloom said.

Farmers are also removing the last of their crops from the fields, reducing the animals’ food supply even as deer breeding season is in full swing.

Any of these factors could have pushed the deer onto the highway overpass, Bloom said.

The I-69/U.S. 224 interchange is a likely spot for wildlife and humans to collide. The west side of the interchange is bordered by privately owned fields and the Markle State Recreation area, which is popular with hunters, Jenks said.

The east side of the interchange, an area that’s heavy with traffic, marks the edge of the town of Markle.

Not sure on how to link the article but it came from tmnews.com

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Keeping a watch on ionospheric density maps may be another way to stay on the alert. If the density of charged particles in the ionosphere drops drastically then it may be a good time to prepare. Perhaps this is what the animals pick up on. The Chinese quake was preceded by a sharp drop in density up to a couple of weeks out I believe.
Full moon on the 12th too, not gravity to blame but the electrical exchange between the Earth and Moon IMO.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

Okay i'll bite the only odd animal behavior i have is my dog, he has been barking at nothing, running around, whinning. He whinned at a few dogs yesterday, has been very clingly with everyone, not just me, and last night he refused to pee outside, which he normally does, and I live in Maine????

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
reply to post by xynephadyn

That's right! My usually very antisocial cat has been a sweetheart for the past week or so, no reason why that I can think of.

Where are you located? Also my cat has always been loving, but she has become MUCH MORE needy and has to be next to me constantly - in fact actually tries to get on my face while I am sleeping - for the last 2 weeks.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by difsjf
I have not noticed anything strange with the animals (because I am admittedly not paying any attention to them, although I probably will now)
But I HAVE been paying attention to my sky lately.
It's been really freaky.
All the clouds have been strange colors - they have looked kind of 'dirty'
They've been a disgusting brown. And yet, sometimes, there will be brown clouds mixed with REALLY blue clouds. The blue clouds look like average rain clouds, only they are this BEAUTIFUL shade of dark blue instead of gray.
So I have been getting either these very beautiful clouds or these extremely ugly brown clouds, and they have all been mixed together.

And they've been the weirdest shapes too. A lot of them look like they were painted on and some of them look like they are exhaust.
It's very strange.
They don't look natural.

I'm on the Northwest Coast of the US though. So, I don't know if it has anything to do with the earthquake. I just thought I'd share it with you. It's really been freaking me out. It's been going one for at least all of November, if not longer.
And if anyone else is in the Seattle area and has noticed this, I'd be really happy if you told me!

Can you please get a picture of the clouds and post them? It seems that is also a precurser to earthquakes.
Maybe carry a camera around with you right now, incase you can catch those formations.

I have u2u'd the person from the other thread, who wrote about the rainbow/plasma like clouds by the New Madrid fault. I asked her to try and take pictures also.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptGizmo
maybe we should be pin pointing posters notice of animal strangeness on a map to try and pin point some sort of point of origin of the possible pending earthquake.

that is an awesome idea, but would you even know how to do an interactive map, for people to add their spots of strange behavior?

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

PLEASE SEE THIS LINK:
pubs.usgs.gov...

This is a link - to what happens to water and wells before earthquakes, it gives a history (with charts) of things that have happened.

This is something people can look for also, to be a warning system in their area for earthquakes.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptGizmo

You are AWESOME - great map!

You are now officially in charge of keeping the map updated!

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by whoshotJR
do a google search for animals actin wierd. It looks like lots have popped up over the last month. Most say its just animals getting ready for a cold winter.

Here is one from 10/20/08 ish that was interesting to me

www.backyardchickens.com...

so is it cold winter or earthquakes or maybe just our perception and we are the ones seeing odd things out of nothing.

Her chickens are acting, just like someone else has reported of her cats - acting like they are hungry constantly and all around confused!

Oh I am glad you posted this, I was beginning to get worried about ours too. We live in Idaho and the rooster has been crowing almost non-stop for two days. I am sure the neighbors will be complaining soon. The hens are acting like they are starving and refuse to lay. The ducks have been talking up a storm and are picking on each other. The goats won't shut up and they have been in the field and they just stare at the house and cry.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat
I live in the upper NC area....

So far, my cat, who has always been at least sane- has come unglued the past month or so. Charges up and down the hall, gets this crazy look on his face, and has done something I haven't had him do ever- when I got to bed, he climbs up to my chest, and lays there until he thinks I am ready to sleep. He's NEVER done this before. I swear he's acting like he's protecting me.

And as for the birds.... I kept hearing noise on the a/c unit (which is off since it's cold enough to hang meat out there)- went out, and there was a FLOCK of all sorts of birds hanging out (on the roof, above) right where I sleep! This is a metal trailer roof, for starters- And there's nothing up there but metal- so why these birds have chosen right there beats the heck out of me. They are on the a/c unit, on the roof..... I recognized cardinals, at least. Aren't various species of birds territorial? I figured they didn't all just get together in a bunch like that.

WOW, can you get some pictures of the birds? and post them?

it seems as if many areas aren't seeing birds right now (including me, in Tennessee) but other areas are seeing an abnormal amount of birds - almost where they shouldn't be. There seems to also be birds that had left for the winter up North, but now people are seeing them back, when they should be there.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoArmsJames
I'm in Phoenix and nothing strange here with my cat. I can still hear the birds chirping outside all day as usual.

A word of caution for everyone, and this is not meant to be at all disrespectful or anything.
For those seeing strange animal behavior, remember that if you're expecting the earthquake, or are frightened of it you may see things that are not there, or may miss another reason for the behavior. It's good to be prepared, but panicking won't help anyone. Stay safe and think positive.

That is why I have invited Sheldrake to join in on this conversation, to say what is real and what is not.

But the main point of this thread, is for people to recognize odd behavior and then make a decision to leave or not.

I understand what you are saying, but please also understand that earthquakes have been happening around the New Madrid fault and the faults in the West and Pacific Northwest.

Odd animal behavior is a TRUE warning sign for earthquakes that are about to happen. With that in mind - yes we might get some over reaction - BUT also look at some of the things that have been written - 'REAL' and actual strange behavior of animals are happening.

From birds - going back up North - when they should not have - to dogs and cats acting abnormal. To farm animals beginning to act strange.

If this thread keeps getting good information and I can get Sheldrake - here - I believe we can actually get some kind of warning out.

Call it "pie in the sky" of saving people's lives - by doing it this way - BUT I believe - people who read this - may decide to leave the area where they recognize pre earthquake odd animal behavior.

It is not just animal behavior - I have inserted a link to water behavior pre earthquakes also.
pubs.usgs.gov...

People can watch for that also.

Please remember - and read about - how A MILLION LIVES WERE SAVED in China - when they watched for these signs - other countries believe and know animals are the perfect warning system for earthquakes.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by survival
my mind is being open for these events. thank you for the forewarning. i am high up in the pioneer mtn range at the moment. hopefully nothing gets crazy. thankfully i am buckeling down the water heater!

Awesome, it is nice to know ....someone - is going to do, what I asked in the other thread. I strapped my water heater in yesterday.

BTW: Yesterday - I spent the day on the phone with my insurance company. After (thank you again - Beast87) for writing on the other thread, that houses were not insured for earthquakes. I was surprised, and found out - it was true!

My insurance said they could NOT add the insurance on - until my annual renewal period (June) *also - brand new policy for my insurance - NOT to add earthquake insurance midstream anymore*- I was NOT happy. I went all the way to the top - calling the main office of my national insurance company. I called the main guy on his cell phone (got it from somebody)

Well.......
I told them after 18 years of being with them - BUT no one had ever told me, I was not insured for Earthquakes - I was going to be leaving them immediately, unless they added earthquake insurance! Well...after many phone calls back and forth - they got a special ok to add earthquake insurance effective immediately!

My insurance agent told me ................ ONLY ONE OF ONE HUNDRED PEOPLE ARE INSURED FOR EARTHQUAKES!

So the point in all this................................Everyone - in earthquake prone or possible areas - CALL your insurance agent - add on (threaten to leave - if they don't want to do it) earthquake insurance. It does not cost much - but "peace of mind" is priceless!

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I've noticed before a quake there is a kind of quiet before a quake and usually it seems like they happen on an overcast day,and yes if your outside animals are all in hiding

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by kettlebellysmith
I have a pug who, although she is always needy, has been acting more needy than usual. DDemanding to go out more often, begging for trears more often, just weird stuff you don't think to much about until a thread like this comes along.
But when my rabbits and squirels left, that caught my attention!

Where are you located?

If everyone could put in where they are located - when they post - we can get a better idea - of where/if odd animal behavior is happening in a certain area - which would end up being a good warning for those in the area. So everyone....PLEASE be specific about your location and where you are reporting from!

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 06:43 AM
link   
ok, now THIS ONE is VERY weird... I just went out for a smoke, and I am on the upper nothwest coast but wayy up the hill from the ocean and NOWHERE near an nature preserve.

I just heard a bunch of canadian geese ( the ones who came back early) Barking down the street (or squawking or whatever you call it)

I have NEVER seen them this high up walking around on the ground AWAKE at this time in the night.....

I have only ever seen them and their poops way down at the beach.....and never past september!

[edit on 3-12-2008 by mellisamouse]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by GRANDWORLDDRAMA
well there is the Yellowstone super volcano
this is a little old:

Recent data shows that the caldera floor sank 4.4 inches from 1987 until 1995. From 1995 until 2000, the northwest rim of the caldera rose about 3 inches, followed by another 1.4-inch rise until 2003. Then between 2000 and 2003, the caldera floor sank a little more than an inch. And then from 2004 to 2006 the central caldera floor rose faster than ever, springing up nearly 7 inches!! during the three-year span. "The rate is unprecedented, at least in terms of what scientists have been able to observe in Yellowstone," said lead study author Robert Smith from the University of Utah

CAN YOU SAY THE WORD ''''SCARY'''''?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join