It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Alert System* Tell what weird possible Earthquake Animal, Sky or Water behavior is happening -

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Don't really know if this means anything so I thought I would post.

I'm in West Central MS...right on the river. Everyone came home from deer camp this past weekend talking about this guy that shot a deer. Said that the deer was charging at and kicking his blind. Would that count?

After reading this thread tonight I will keep eyes open.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I'm in the Pacific Northwest.

I have two male cats; one is 13, the other 4. They have been best friends since we brought the younger one home. Every evening, they nap next to each other at the end of my couch. Last night, the younger one raised up his head and pulled it back with his teeth bared. He struck out and bit the other guy around the neck and held on. It took a few seconds to get him to release. It reminded me so much of a cobra striking. He was sound asleep before it happened. This is absolutely abnormal behavior for him.

My older cat is a Maine Coon cat. They are an extremely intelligent breed. Among the many non-cat things that he can do, he is housetrained. A couple of times a day he will go to the door and meow loudly until someone lets him out and after he has his potty break he is right back at the door meowing until we let him back in. If I'm upstairs, he will come up there and do the Lassie thing to let me know that he needs to go out. Anyway, for the past week he has been asking to go out and then immediately wants to come back in. He doesn't even leave the deck. The couple of times a day has turned into ten times a day. It's as though he is afraid to go into the yard.

I have really noticed the change in the clouds in the late afternoon, early evening. The sky was so strange a couple of weeks ago that I took a picture of it with my camera phone through the sun roof.

And on top of all of that weirdness, I have been seriously dizzy today and have felt like I was going to pass out several times. I have never passed out in my life.

[edit on 12/3/2008 by Aislin]

[edit on 12/3/2008 by Aislin]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   
my mind is being open for these events. thank you for the forewarning. i am high up in the pioneer mtn range at the moment. hopefully nothing gets crazy. thankfully i am buckeling down the water heater!

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Greetings from GReece and more specifficaly Crete!
Although things don t look completely normal there seems to be nothing impressively different at any aspect except for the weird sky, and thats not for sure either. Clouds take quite weird formations during ther day, while during the night most of the time there are no clouds and the stars are unusually bright, even in the city.

If i notice something worthwile you ll be the first ones i will inform.

Bye for now.
GIO

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I live in the ozark mountains (Arkansas)and some very strange things have been happening indeed.The other day I seen a pack(yes a pack) of animals rabbits,squirrels,and even a few dogs running to who knows where.But they were trying to get there in a hurry.Never seen anything of the sort in my life!Had to be 30 40 animals just in a bunch.Really spoked me out when I seen that.It was like a movie.Come to think of it reminded me of that dreamcatcher movie when all the animals were running.But this was no movie and scared me to no end.Makes me wanna take a vacation very soon!

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   
For what it's worth, I live in Pennsylvania and am a nature lover, and nothing is out of the ordinary in our area. It might also be nice to know, as a sort of semi-scientific control, what other areas in the country are not experiencing problems.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
That's pretty scary if you are accurate in your mapping... because take a look at this map from upload.wikimedia.org...:

New Madrid fault (showing an earthquake 100+ years back)

Originally posted by CaptGizmo
Ok as I don't know the specific areas people mentioned I just guessed. This is very crude so please don't laugh but here is what we have from this thread so far. The locations people mentioned strange animal behavior are marked with a black dot on the map.

[edit on 12/2/2008 by CaptGizmo]

[edit on 12/2/2008 by CaptGizmo]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Haven't noticed anything weird up here in Northern Kentucky. I'm having trouble believing in this Webbot thing. From what I understand it just searches the net and makes predictions under a special system?

I'm not trying to disrupt the thread but that sounds so silly. Not everything is posted on the internet, and there for not all variables would be available. Back to the topic- I haven't noticed anything strange about animals up here.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I am very hesitant to reply to all of this because i don't know if this an objective reaction or perhaps a subjective one due to reading this information. I live in clarksville tennesse near Ft. Campbell, KY. Several things have struck me as being out of place here.

1. There is less helicopter activity as of late. This may be due to downtime because several hundred soldiers have returned but i can't say that. The last time we had a massive wave of troops come home i don't remember not hearing the helicopters. I normally hear them at least once every two days. I haven't heard anything for the last two weeks. I haven't seen any training, nothing. It's very quiet.
2. I have a huge oak tree in my front yard. That tree is normally overflowing with squirrels. There is one squirrel in particular who seemed rather fond of sitting on the outside window sill and tormenting my littlest dog. I haven't seen a squirrel in my yard for at least a week, no birds. I have seen cats though.
3. My cat is going nuts for the last three days. She goes into neurotic fits.

I'm not worried either way, i know i'll be fine. My husband is in Afghanistan and i've always known in my heart i will see him again in this world so i am not afraid of any earthquake. However i do worry for the people around me. I am going to be in nashville on the date specified. Since i am a vampire of sorts (i can't sleep at night because i don't like to sleep alone) I'm going to watch for these "lights" discussed and see if i can catch any.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

My location is Guam, in the pacific right near the Marianas Trench.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I have a pug who, although she is always needy, has been acting more needy than usual. DDemanding to go out more often, begging for trears more often, just weird stuff you don't think to much about until a thread like this comes along.
But when my rabbits and squirels left, that caught my attention!

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 02:05 AM
link   
In Southern California, less than 2 hours from the san andreas fault.

Dog has been peaceful for days...continues to rest quietly. All seems well here.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   
well there is the Yellowstone super volcano
this is a little old:

Recent data shows that the caldera floor sank 4.4 inches from 1987 until 1995. From 1995 until 2000, the northwest rim of the caldera rose about 3 inches, followed by another 1.4-inch rise until 2003. Then between 2000 and 2003, the caldera floor sank a little more than an inch. And then from 2004 to 2006 the central caldera floor rose faster than ever, springing up nearly 7 inches!! during the three-year span. "The rate is unprecedented, at least in terms of what scientists have been able to observe in Yellowstone," said lead study author Robert Smith from the University of Utah

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 02:36 AM
link   
If animals can predict earthquakes, I will eat my cat.

No, that is not a typographical error.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by non-living
reply to post by questioningall

My location is Guam, in the pacific right near the Marianas Trench.

Anything unusual going on in Guam with animals?

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Interesting thread.

Whilst I am over the pond in the UK, I came out of my house 2 nights ago and 2 blackbirds were just fighting on the ground. I walked up to them and they moved slightly and carried on fighting - I have never seen something like that before. It may be normal behaviour but it seemed very strange to me.

I've also now found the birds outside doing their morning chorus....but it's about 1 / 2 a.m!

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by marcsnothere
So I did a little reseach for ya's. I live in northeren illinois, and have noticed nothing. although my dog is always on the unusual side.

Here's the link, found it rather interesting that the past month or so has been rather active. Would account for the strange animal activity in and around the area. Be sure to read the comments at the end. A couple guys are even a bit worried about magama!?!?! Odd worry, but not too far fetched. Wouldnt that be messed up... Here ya go-

www.livescience.com...

The reason they are worried about possible magma is the
new madrid fault was once a rift that tried to tear the united states
in half during the super continent phase.

Reelfoot Rift - New Madrid Fault

I do not think there will be magma, but hey stranger things
have happened on this earth to be sure, like the magnetic
field of the whole planet flipping.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I am in Central/Southern Indiana and this article was in our local paper this week. We have all joked about it until I ran across this thread. Not sure if it could be connected but wanted to share.

MARKLE — Five deer that wandered onto a highway overpass jumped to their deaths onto Interstate 69, one of them crashing through a tractor-trailer’s windshield, police said.

After the animals’ fatal plunge, their mangled carcasses littered the expressway to the horror of motorists who approached Friday’s scene in the northbound lanes of I-69.

Wells County EMS paramedic Andy Stimpson said he wasn’t prepared for what he saw when he arrived at the crash scene at the U.S. 224 overpass about 20 miles southwest of Fort Wayne.

“It’s the weirdest run I’ve ever had in 28 years,” he said.

John Salb, a spokesman for the state Department of Natural Resources, said the deer may have been spooked by cars as they were crossing the overpass and jumped from the overpass, not knowing a busy highway was far below them.

The 20- to 30-foot fall killed all five deer about 12:30 p.m. Friday, said Brian Jenks, a dispatcher with the Huntington County Sheriff’s Department.

The last of the five deer went through the windshield of a tractor-trailer rig, but the driver was not hurt, police said.

Late fall is a stressful time of year for deer as hunters push through fields and woods, hoping to scare deer out of their cover, said DNR spokesman Phil Bloom said.

Farmers are also removing the last of their crops from the fields, reducing the animals’ food supply even as deer breeding season is in full swing.

Any of these factors could have pushed the deer onto the highway overpass, Bloom said.

The I-69/U.S. 224 interchange is a likely spot for wildlife and humans to collide. The west side of the interchange is bordered by privately owned fields and the Markle State Recreation area, which is popular with hunters, Jenks said.

The east side of the interchange, an area that’s heavy with traffic, marks the edge of the town of Markle.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Down here in Australia we have had hundred of whales beaching themselves. Over one hundre whales beached themselves in one day off the northwestern Tasmainian coast, very strange indeed. Some say it can be caused by Submarine sonar, however I think there may be a more natural cause of why the whales get confused and disorented.
There can be some large quakes in the southern ocean which most of the time do not get noticed, maybe there will be a big one down this way.

Time will tell

Dave

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by themamayada
That's pretty scary if you are accurate in your mapping... because take a look at this map

That map showing the 1895 Quake was a 6.8.

The big one from 1811 was a 8.1.

The difference between a 7 and an 8 is not linear, it is 10 fold.

So the size would be yet even bigger.

Richter Scale

An 8.4 in Alaska was the biggest to the US.

1964 8.4 Alaskan Earthquake

The damage in the pictures is pretty intense.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join