It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Alert System* Tell what weird possible Earthquake Animal, Sky or Water behavior is happening -

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I've been reading posts on a couple of other eq forums out there and I have noticed a lot of postings dealing with socal. Stuff like getting ear tones/ringing in the ears. One person noted that as they were driving over a section of the 14 freeway that crosses the San Andreas they would get pressure and ringing in the ear that would last until they were a mile or so down the road, and it was now happening every time they drove that stretch of road.

I tend to agree that all the behavior noted in this thread points towards new madirid, but I think CA, specifically from the Tejon pass out toward the eastern desert, is gong to get something as well.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 04:44 AM
link   
There have been a couple strange deer stories in Indiana. 5 jumped off State Road 224 unto I-69 near Huntington In. They all died- one hit a vehicle windshield. Strange thing about this story is this happened after the rut for the most part. It was during end of shotgun season if I recall.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I live in Central Illinois. We have had very fridgid temperatures the last couple weeks (highs around 20 lows in single digits) and have had in total about 3 different snow falls with accumulations in upwards of at least 6 inches. This morning I get into work about 8 a.m. and I noticed a co-worker in the kitchen looking very curiously out the windows. She said, "Whoa, how weird is that. There is a whole flock of Robins outside." Robins usually disappear well before the ground freezes and especially before snows in the winter around here. I have NEVER in my 31 years seen a Robin against a snow covered backdrop here. Immediately I thought of this thread that I have been following, and felt I needed to post this sighting. there were probably 10+ robins outside. I wish I would have had my camera to take pictures. I will be re-visiting the kitchen area today and will carry my camera with me and try and snap a couple photos if I see the Robins again. There is currently about an inch of snow on the ground. Another co-worker came in while we were observing the Robins and said that his wife had also noticed quite a few Robins still hanging around over the weekend, and how strange that seemed. He mentioned that he wondered if it had anything to do with the EMF signals from all of the cell phone towers screwing up the birds' ability to follow the magnetic lines to go south for the winter. I agreed that it could be a possiblity. If I do see the robins today, I will definitely post pics. I have also had a lot of friends complaining of severe headaches the last few days, including myself which is really rare for me. Just wanted to share.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Posted this in another thread, but it should be here.

This is Jim Berkland's website. He predicted the 1989 World Sereies quake, and even got the San Jose newspaper to publish the story in the paper, days before the quake.

He bases his earthquake predictions on animal behaivor.

His Forums
www.syzygyjob.com...

His december prediction.
www.syzygyjob.com...

[edit on 12/8/08 by Cyprex]

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Yesterday, myself and three others went on a 6 hour day ride. Now let me say that in this six hours we were never on pavement and never more than at the most 20 miles from my home. We drove down in "deer haven", and in the entire time, NO deer were seen. We stopped and talked to a few older men training their dogs for hunting, we asked if they had seen anything and they said they had been out there since 5 am and not them or their dogs had seen, smelled anything. The oldest gentlemen there said "everything's gone, the woods have never been so quite." So at first I just brushed it off as odd that we didn't see anything, no squirels, opposums, beaver, raccoons, rabbits, deer, armadillos, turkeys nothing. I figured maybe just bad timing, wrong time of day. But when we went back out at around 9:00pm and came back at 1:30am, and not once saw a set of eyes the avid outdoorsmen/hunter with us said "something's wrong". Let me elaborate further by explaining this area. This government land, with springs, a river, several creeks, a lake and numerous "feed lots". There are no houses, on almost 12,000 acres. No paved roads, just logging gravel roads. I do know it could have been just coincidence, but even "shining" the fields there and on the way home resulted in no eyes. I asked them if they remember ever going out and not seeing anything and all of them agreed and said they can not ever remember not seeing something. The weather outside was about normal for the area, time of year, and it was partly cloudy last night. So weather can not explain that. I put a lot of stock into what the old hunter's say around here, they can tell you what the weather will be for upcoming seasons, rain, floods, ticks, hunting season you name it and they know this land. So when several of them have said, I don't know where all the game is, never seen the likes of it, it's like they just left, it does make me ponder even more, do the animals know something I don't.

Also I almost forgot, if you know how these hunting dogs work you'll understand that they are not played with, petted, etc. They have a job to do and only get "rewarded" if they do their job right. Once let out to run, they know to find a scent and trail it. The gentlemen we stopped and spoke to one of them made the remark about the dogs knowing their wasn't nothing out here, they didn't even try. One of the other men said something around the fact of letting them out and all of their dogs just kind of looked and would not even get out of sight of their box.

I apologize, I forgot to say where I am. I am located in Piedmont Missouri. Which is in South East Missouri.

[edit on 8-12-2008 by openmindforyou]

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by openmindforyou

openmindforyou, could you give us a general area in which you are located? It would be really helpful in logging strange animal behavior.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Very interesting thread, along with the other one.
Checking in from NJ, nothing odd going on around here, just really cold. I have a cat and he seems to be his normal self. Glad to be in the safe zone

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by EarthFairie

yes, I asked him to do that in a u2u
I haven't heard from him yet

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I just wanted to voice my respect for the OP for this posting and whether or not anything happens on the proposed dates. I think that this has been a well thought out idea and you should be relived to know that most of us are behind your investigative insights. It clearly shows that you are looking out for your fellow brother and sister and willing to take the extra effort and criticism that has been placed on your task. It is nice to know that there are people in this world that are so forthright and caring.

If all humans where this diligent earth would be a better place. So hold your head high. Even if this leads to nothing it accomplishes a system that can be revived at a later time. I hope people will learn that it’s the efforts like this that are truly meaningful in the tough times that humanity faces.

I sincerely hope that you continue on with your efforts because most of us support your findings.

Thanks
Arc

Some people might want to spend more time proofreading their rants other than criticizing so much! Plus using profanity shows a lack of effort.

You are really starting to give a former genius a bad name.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
gmy.news.yahoo.com...

This was posted on Yahoo News from Channel 4 in Pittsburgh, PA. It describes a coyote attack on a 9-year old boy on a local Erie, PA Golf Course. I just thought this was odd in a populated area. It has been extremely cold in this area; but, it is very out of place to hear of an attack in the Appalachian Mountains.
I just want to add that my cat started this meowing problem around the end of October following me around the house and down to the front door, eating constantly and sitting in my lap while on the computer. It is very out of the ordinary for her; she usually is a very private entity. The cat is still acting weird and needy this morning. My Whippet/German Shepherd started acting "lost and going in slow circles" and barking at nothing at 3 - 5 AM every morning while looking out the window toward the SW from Steubenville, Ohio area. This is an odd behavior as she loves to watch (not bark at) the activity on the NE side of the house at the mill behind. I want to emphasize that this barking stopped last night for the first time in over two weeks. I have walked with my dog for about three miles in the SW direction to see if any activities might have been occurring in that direction without spotting any unusual site. There was no apprehension in her during any of the outside walks. She loves to go outside and that has not changed. She is eating about two times what she normally would eat; however, again it has been unusually cold here since early November (global warming, lol).
I did notice those funny dirty orangish to brown clouds with blue glints; I have started to carry a digital camera to take photos if they arise. These clouds occurred around November 14th with a heading of NE which is a little out of ordinary from that direction for this time of year. Water tables here from the people on wells that I know have said they do not normally watch such things unless their pumping systems fail. The well systems are not open for health reasons; therefore it would be difficult to watch such an event of rising/lowering levels. The rivers here are lower than normal as it has been very dry.
It may be nothing; but I just wanted to add this to the forum. I take long walks with the dog to strengthen muscles that are degraded with ms. I am an electrical engineer so I understand the plasma associated with such an incident as an earthquake; I don't know if anyone has posted about degraded radio reception during an EQ event.
Thank you for this forum. I do hope that this was just a "hoax" if you want to call it that; I think it is a very good thing you have done.
Steve in the Steubenville, Ohio area

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Springfield MO (southwest MO) has many birds. Seems as though the squirrels aren't as abundant as last your. Also I saw a bald eagle for the first time in the wild, thanks to you I was looking up.

The deer seem normal as well.

I do however seem to remember a radio broadcast about animals attacking humans was on the rise. I think the broadcast was from 2 years ago.

And I learned of a skinned dog here in town. Although off topic this is is truly odd....

petloverstips.com...

[edit on 8-12-2008 by arc de triumphe]

[edit on 8-12-2008 by arc de triumphe]

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Finally, bird activity here today in Chattanooga, Tn. Had not seen any in quite sometime. On a side note, between 2-3 pm today, my ears popped I guess due to a pressure drop. It is now 6 pm and my ears have not stopped ringing. I was not exposed to any kind of loud noises today for any extended period of time. It is starting to get quite annoying and a little painful. Think I am starting to get a headache as well.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
weird that ringing ears was mentioned. I brought that up the other day to my wife. We live in central texas and for the past week or two my ears have been ringing almost every morning. I can't remember them ever ringing before

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
South West GA checking in again.

Still haven't noticed many birds but I couldn't say for sure if that's normal or not. What I can comment on is the clouds today. They were like.. ocean ripples. The frothy top part of a wave being the clouds and the sky being the ocean. They were long and thin and just rippled out, very pretty. And tonight, they made a halo around the moon. I tried to get some pics of it but it was very wide and very hard for my camera to pick up anything but I did get a faint part of the halo clouds. I even called my friend going to school at RIT in N.Y. to see if he had the same thing, and he did! It was very pretty even if it's out of the norm or not.

I just got in so I'm gonna upload the pics and see what I really landed
. Will edit post later.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Just checked the USGS site today and found this;

USGS

I'm sure there are a multitude of small earthquakes along the NM fault, just seems like there's been a rise as of late.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Ok I was sitting here thinking, I know this may seem far fetched, but...Something to watch is the lows and highs in the weather system. The reason I say this is because, (and no I do have research links for this yet), but I have heard that high pressure and low pressure systems can have an effect on tectonic plates. I remember hearing once that an earthquake occurred in South America when a few hurricanes were in the Pacific and Atlantic basins, all simultaneously. I specifically remember this but cannot recall the date. It was a few years ago. I was looking at this future weather forecast map for December 14th:
www.owsweather.com...

(That link was provided in this thread today)
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Look at that map. Notice the two highs and the low. I don't have the capability to draw on the map, but if you were to take a line from each center and draw from it, they all pretty much intersect in the New Madrid Area. Please understand I am just making a guess on this, but this is something to look at, on top of the fact we will be having a super moon in the December 11th-12th timeframe and the Earth will be closest to the sun for the year. There is going to be some serious pushing and pulling in and on the Earth at this time. Kind of like labor pains...interesting stuff...

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I want to add my very weird and odd sighting just a few minutes ago.

I was driving back home when I saw in the middle of the road a snake had been curled up approximately 4 feet or longer - due to many curls around, with a body of about 3 to 4 inches in thickness. It had been run over.

But one question. Aren't snakes suppose to be hybrinating right now?

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Sorry to get to the thread so late, guys. I've been out of town on business over the last few weeks and am only home one or two days at a time any more.

I have been working over in NorthEastern Arkansas, SouthEastern Missouri for the past several weeks. I saw this thread last weekend, but since I hadn't been thinking about this topic, I didn't have anything to report.

My travels took me through Madrid County Missouri, amongst other places this week so far and I can attest firsthand to the lack of wildlife in the area.
I was keeping my eyes peeled to the skies for any sort of gaseous discharge in the atmosphere, but there is a weird winter storm moving through the area now and it has been much too cloudy the last few days.

In that region, you don't see too many cattle ranches, so I couldn't comment on livestock behavior, but the lack of birds is remarkable. Even moving back west across the Southern Edge of Missouri, you can see a marked increase in birds just, ah I'd say, 100 miles West of the Mississippi River.
I saw next to no birds while in the Missouri Bootheel or in the Far NorthEast corner of Arkansas... And I was looking hard for them... Nearly none.

I don't know what to make of it, but if anything does happen there, I should be soon to find out.
I'm back home now (NorthWest Arkansas) but I imagine I'll be back over that way very soon. Within a day or two.

[edit on 9-12-2008 by Jay-in-AR]

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Here from the Steubenville, Ohio area again. I was driving along 22A or the main street in Wintersville, Ohio today around 3 pm. A formation of geese (approximately 20) was moving in a lopsided formation, i.e., one on point, one on the southern edge and the rest on the northern side. But, the main problem was that the point was in the rear of the formation. And no, they were not flying backward, lol. The point was following the flock? It just seemed weird. They were flying only slightly NW (maybe 10 degrees north of west). Looking at Yahoo Maps, that pattern, if continues would place them north of Columbus, OH and Indianapolis, IN. I could observe the formation for about two minutes before it passed out of sight. My reasonably priced compass was used to give the close approximations of direction. I know, where is my camera when I need it? I had it on charge at home...
Wintersville and Steubenville, Ohio are sister cities about due east of Pittsburgh, PA about 35 miles...
My dog may be acting silly; but, she wanted to go south all evening. The dog was fine leaving the house south; when we started north, she balked and pulled with all her strength until I went back south. I finally just had to drag her home scolding her most of the way. In other words, she wanted to go south every time I headed north for the hour walk in the rain. I might just be reading something into this; it is different for her. She just might not have wanted to go home yet!

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Now, talk about some weird deer stuff going on.
It seems like there are multiple stories about deer crashing through windows,

Deer Crashes Through Greensburg Nursing Home Window

A deer crashed through a window at the Oak Hill Nursing and Rehabilitation Center along Georges Station Road around 4:30 p.m.

www.wpxi.com...

Coopersville students startled after deer crashes through window, into classroom
by Nate Reens | The Grand Rapids Press
Monday December 08, 2008,
www.mlive.com...

COOPERSVILLE -- It was a 25-second science lesson in animal behavior that Leslie Vanlet's third-grade students won't soon forget.

Others would call Monday's exercise -- a six-point buck shattering a double-pane window and running across a classroom -- an instruction in controlling chaos.

"There was this horrific crash and glass shards were flying everywhere and you wonder 'What in the heck is going on?'" said Vanlet, who coincidentally is teaching her class about the demeanor and characteristics of animals. "And then you realize that there's a deer in your room and it's very surreal. It happened so quickly and yet it all seemed like slow motion."

A Normal Lesson in Vocabulary, Until a Deer Bursts Through a School Window
www.nytimes.com...

It had the makings of a B horror movie: Crazed deer crashes through window and, bloodied but undeterred, careers through the halls terrorizing a school in a quiet New Jersey suburb.

Wow, I find it weird that deer have started crashing through windows recently. Came across these articles, so I wanted to put them on in.

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24 >>

join