It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inflatable boobs lost at sea

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Inflatable boobs lost at sea

au.news.yahoo.com

More than 130,000 inflatable breasts have been lost at sea en route to Australia.

Men's magazine Ralph was planning to include the boobs as a free gift with its January issue.

The cargo is worth about $200,000, which is another blow for publisher ACP's parent company PBL, which is already in $4.3 billion of debt.

A spokeswoman for Ralph said the container left docks in Beijing two weeks ago but turned up empty in Sydney this week.

The magazine has put out an alert to shipping authorities to see if they have the container, but if they don't turn up in the next 48 hours it will be too late for the next issue, she said.

Ralph editor Santi Pintado urged anyone who has any information to contact the magazine.

"Unless Somali pirates have stolen them its difficult to explain where they are," Pintado told AAP.

"If anyone finds any washed up on a beach, please let us know."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Ya can't make this stuff up.

I am reminded of the 25,000 rubber duckies lost at sea a few years back in the north Pacific.... they eventually followed the currents under the ice of the north pole and ended up in New England. I was in Maine in the summer of 2003 when they started finding them. Scientists were fascinated because of what they revealed about northern ocean currents.

But 130,000 inflatable boobs? Where's the rest of the blow up dolls?

au.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
starred and flagged for real comedy value

and how bad are your expectations in life if inflatable boobs are enough to keep you happy

i thought blow up sheep showed low self esteme if you cant even get a real sheep

[edit on 2/12/08 by noobfun]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I like the comment about Somali pirates! It would be funny to see some guy with an AK sporting 44DDs!

Great article!! Thanks for the find! It put a smile on my face today!

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Good 1 GROVER!!!

Those darn Pirates hoisting booty... Ooops... Boobie from wherever they can!

Starred for entertainment value!

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Clearly these boobs were diverted by Al-Qaeda as to put them in bras and re-issue them. Next, they'll photoshop burkas over the ladies in Ralph Magazine. But seriously, who needs that many boobs?

[edit on 2-12-2008 by dashen]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
maybe the next terrorist attacks will row in on rafts made of inflatable boobs tied together so the country of origin for thier baots cant be found out

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by dashen

It MUST be another CIA/alphabet agency plot to take someone down!

Good find Grover!

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Haha, oh my, that "found them on the beach" comment really makes this priceless.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Definitely gives new meaning to "flotation device"....who knows maybe the little mermaid decided to spice up her love life with a bit more on top...

~Holly

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Blow up sheep? Oh that's bad even for bad.

I remember in 1882 (correction 1982) I was working at an adult shop in Portland Maine (hey I had a family to support and it was a bad recession
) when this group of guys came in and wanted to get a blow up doll. They asked how much and I told them then they asked me if I had ever heard of the group Alabama? Since I am not into country music I said no and they laughed and tried to buy the doll with 2 concert passes (they were playing the Civic center that night) I said I couldn't so the bought the doll with cash and gave me the passes anyway. I never found out what they wanted the doll for.

I took my late wife... it was a good concert.

I quit that job when I went home one night and told her not tonight dear that's the last thing I wanna look at.

1982... 1982 I swear I am not THAT old.

[edit on 2-12-2008 by grover]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
ummm 1882?

you sure about that grover?

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
YES I AM SURE it was 1982.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
My guess is that some one in the shipping chain will end up with a website selling them.

How does a magazine end up 4 billion in debt. That is a conspiracy in it self.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
We need to run up a flag proclaiming... SAVE THE BOOBIES!!!

Its a cause most men can rally around.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
If we start a SAVE THE BOOBIES campaign, we can ask for a federal bail out!

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Easy way to pull an insurance scam for a company in the red.
Bribe a company to give you a receipt to show you've bought something.
Load an empty container.
The light weight of the container would be explained by the supposed light weight of blow-up breasts.
Open it up and look surprised and mention pirates, who apparently got into the hold and emptied the container without anyone on the ship noticing.

The pirates must be boob men.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jkd Up
Good 1 GROVER!!!

Those darn Pirates hoisting booty... Ooops... Boobie from wherever they can!

I guess if it was "those darn pirates" again, this time they got the "booby prize" of a lifetime!

That would be one pissed off pirate!

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Grover,

Thanks for keeping us "abreast" of the situation. I will check this thread often as my "mammary" tends to fade as I get older.

Sorry, my dad was a punster so I'm paying tribute to him.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
No, seriously!

We now have to be on the lookout for terrorists disguised as big-breasted women. The terrorists could inflate the boobs with explosives in an attempt to hid what they're doing. Playboy and Penthouse will have to install explosives scanners at their headquarters and at their clubs.

The world has gone mad, I tell ya ...

<<   2 >>

join