It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did the mayans sacrifice humans to aliens, not gods?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
No doubt Steven Speilberg would add his own flavor to this in a new movie. I have serious doubts the Mayans were so capable and more advanced than any other cultures when it came to astronomy. What about the alleged stones that showed surgeries performed also?

You could never convince me that these people were so advanced and capable on their own. Not from what I've been through anyway. Believe what you will or not if it makes you happy.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

Thank you for setting my ancient civilizations straight, I appreciate it. I guess my point still stays the same in that I have never heard of anything on these ancient civilizations on A&E or History Channel about greens or grays. This of course doesn't mean I am correct maybe those channels didn't cover it all.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by aleon1018
I have serious doubts the Mayans were so capable and more advanced than any other cultures when it came to astronomy. What about the alleged stones that showed surgeries performed also? You could never convince me that these people were so advanced and capable on their own.

What makes you believe that the Mayans were so inept that they could not achieve what other civilizations could, without outside influence?

Other ancient civilizations performed surgeries; Sushruta was an Indian surgeon who lived 2600 years ago. If other ancients could do it, why not the Mayans?

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by calihan123

Hey there calihan,

This is a subject I have looked into from many angles (conventional and esoterical), but I don't really want to get into it too deeply here (sadly threads like this - where I could share information that I have on the best authority - have a tendancy to get flamed to death and the chance of intelligent discussion between the 'open minded' on these subjects gets lost in the ashes)

I love ancient history / archaeology / science, with a passion ... it's just the majority of blinkered historians / archaeologists / scientists that I can't be doing with !

But to extend your suggestion about the ancients (in many civilizations ... not just Olmec /Mayan), sacrificing humans to the Gods / Aliens, I came up with a theory that many of these ritualistic sacrifices might actually have been a form of stylized mimicry ... rather than a simple practice of bloodthirsty slaughter !

If this were the case might it be possible that the ancients were mimicking/copying scientific experiments that they had seen the Gods / Aliens carrying out in the temples / laboratories ... in a similar way that a child mimics it's peers ? By way of paying tribute to them.

Just a thought. Woody

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by NavalFC

Hey there NavalFC,

You obviously feel comfortable sticking to the so-called 'hard evidence' ... but what if the 'dog-heads' (presumably you are referring to Anubis - the 'Jackal Headed God') 'ibis-heads' ... or any of the other animal heads portrayed being worn by 'The Gods Who Walkd The Earth As Men', in ancient Egypt were not just cermonial masks worn by the priests ?

What if they were some form of elaborate breathing apparatus worn by aliens to allow them to work in our atmosphere ?

Oh dear, I can feel the heat on my face right now just as you draw breath to shoot me down in flames.

But just one thing before I finish ... the fact that you referred to the head-gear worn by Anubis as a 'dog-head' does seem to suggest that you are not the kind of guy/girl to bother yourself with the finer details.

But have you ever considered the possibility that it might be the small stuff that holds the biggest truths ? It's all about the details my friend ... the finer they are ... the more important they are (IMHO).

Ok, I'm ready ... begin the flaming !

Woody

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   

You could never convince me that these people were so advanced and capable on their own.

Sorry to burst your bubble but...

The pyramids in the Americas have 20 ton blocks that you can not get a razor blade between. We today with cranes and all the technology we have CAN NOT make a pyramid like they have...

civilizations in the past had much MORE knowledge than we have, many think it was lost after the flood and the so called Dark Ages...

The Astronomy question is easy but you would have to buy the Biblical Creation story to understand it, a canopy of water over the Earth would have been like a huge telescope giving those before the flood a better telescopic view of the stars and galaxies, after the flood that canopy disappeared and we lost that ability to see with the naked eye what they saw...

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
A fascinating read on the subject: Chariots of the Gods by Erich von Daniken.

This book explores the Ancient Astronaut theory in great detail. A good amount of time is spent on the Mayans.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unit541
A fascinating read on the subject: Chariots of the Gods by Erich von Daniken.

This book explores the Ancient Astronaut theory in great detail. A good amount of time is spent on the Mayans.

Like many writers of books on ancient-astronauts, Von Daniken has no background or training in either history, archaeology or anthropology. Chariots of the Gods is built on faulty premises and poor evidence, some of which Von Daniken has admitted to but never had removed from his books. Many of the researchers who Daniken based his theories on have disputed his conclusions.

For a page-by-page refutation of Von Daniken, look for The Space-Gods Revealed, by Ronald Story.

Other good books refuting ancient-astronaut claims are Frauds, Myths, and Mysteries: Science and Pseudoscience in Archaeology by Dr. Kenneth L. Feder, and The Cult of Alien Gods by Jason Colavito. The second one details how HP Lovecraft's fiction influenced writers like Daniken.

[edit on 3-12-2008 by SaviorComplex]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by theindependentjournal

No bubbles here, just brain cells dying
As I said, no amount of alleged scientific research is going to convince me these people did these things all on their own.

Saying these people "In those days" were more advanced does suggest a Satanic culture of sorts as Enoch may have mentionend. That still doesn't mean they did it without 'supernatural' help.

[edit on 3-12-2008 by aleon1018]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

Thanks for the info Savior! I've read several that you've mentioned, and will get into the others. While I like to always get a handle on both sides, I find myself back where I started with this topic: right in the middle.

As you indicated, there's plenty of data out there to refute just about any of the AA claims, however the same data fails to explain the accomplishments of these ancient civilizations. No hard proof either way, just like any other "god" debate...

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by aleon1018

Well at least you will say up front where you stand, so kudos for that. I will not try to convince you otherwise then..

I still like this thread it's interesting and a learning experience for me too...

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   

As I said, no amount of alleged scientific research is going to convince me these people did these things all on their own.

Yeah, those brown-skinned savages were too stupid to do anything on their own.

There are those who love to live on Lovecraft's proverbial "placid island of ignorance" amid Sagan's "demon-haunted world." Truth and reason matter very little compared to belief.

Saying these people "In those days" were more advanced does suggest a Satanic culture of sorts as Enoch may have mentionend. That still doesn't mean they did it without 'supernatural' help.

What in the Hell are you talking about?

Pun intended.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Until you're capable of going back in time and recording these events as they occurred, I don't care what you claim these "brownies" did.

Thanks for responding anway.

It is a shame what those spaniards did to their recorded history. Maybe they saved all that was really important anyway and the rest was just obituaries and crop reports.

Let us know when you're tardis is ready.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Ah, its about time someone talks about the racist implications of some of these "ancient astronaut" theories. The fact is that none of these so-called "researchers" have ever shown any evidence that supported the claim that aliens helped build these amazing societies. What does that leave us to believe? Well the humans who lived in these places must have built these ruins... Imagine that...

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
These ancient people could not have built these monuments, the Nazca lines clearly are landing sites of the majestic craft that came to teach these primitive peoples important lessons . It is also clear from their artworks that Grays (Holy) taught them many lessons and provided important lifting power with their spacecraft (Seed Craft Type)
It is clear .

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Fact of the matter is that many ancients report having to sacrifice animals, blood, humans and various other things to appease those Gods to would descend "from the heavens" in "bolts of lightning", chariots, "serpents".

As this is not unique to the Mayan culture but can be found on a global level we must assume that the ancients share a common, if vague memory of certain beings with the appearance of superior technology asking for certain "foods".

Expect fierce opposition to this idea by many thread posters...its too staggering for them to entertain the notion that the "Gods" we have entrusted our lives with may very well be something less pleasant.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex

For a page-by-page refutation of Von Daniken, look for The Space-Gods Revealed, by Ronald Story.

A book about as useful as used toilet paper. This book was torn-apart point by point in a 1981 book by Daniken, published only in German. Publication of it in English was actually prevented by a smear-campaign against Daniken at that time.

Dont rely soley on mainstream publications. Some research is required to uncover deeper aspects of UFOlogy.

[edit on 3-12-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by NavalFC

As you can see none of them even remotely match the description of the alleged Aliens

Right...they dont look alien at all do they...

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by calihan123

Crop circles seem to be a means of communication, either they want to communicate with a language they understood or we do *government*. Or it could be that they have teen age aliens with graffiti problems like we do.

My experiences and research have led me to believe taht Extrateresstrial have been visiting us for a long time. I think most of us are just to engrossed in our little exsistance trying to feel special to look up and say.... huh... there is something more to life than just me. They're there, we just have to look, the government knows about them but doesn't want to tell us. *yes they do know UFO's exsist, to all those that want to argue a point*

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by fishspeaker
These ancient people could not have built these monuments, the Nazca lines clearly are landing sites of the majestic craft that came to teach these primitive peoples important lesson...It is clear .

Yes, there is no way that an ancient people could have simply scrapped awayat the desert floor to create the lines. There is no way. And it is very clear that beings capable of traveling light-years would need lines and glyphs drawn in the desert to know where to land. It's so clear that no archaeologist has ever been able to figure it out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join