It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Television Network Conspiracy theory

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
It seems as of late, that most networks are cancelling shows which either have to do with religion, homosexuality, or questioning "The Man". Most recently are "Commander and Chief" starring Geena Davis as female president who did a good job. Ratings were good, then poof gone. "Revelation" starring Bill Pullman, show questioned god and religion. "Grey's Anatomy" show not cancelled, but the lesbian character who was popular in the series but only recently came out as her character in the show was let go immediately. "Eli Stone" show questions religion and the afterlife. "Dirty Sexy Money" show was very popular but featured a hermaphrodite character which was going to be a regular part of the series. "Jericho" featured Skeet Ulrich and a post apocolyptic America which had to rebuild governments and guess what, they were making it work and work better than what we have. "Boston Legal" excellent ratings, but the show constantly challenged authority through law and won, including taking down big corporations and winning cases in the Supreme Court. Nearly all the shows on the networks that used to make people have thought are gone and we are left with Dancing with the Stars and Survivor. This has to be intentional wouldn't you think? Can they try any harder to dumb done america?

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Can they try harder? Ummm... How many years of "reality" shows have they shoveled into the minds of Americans? (I don't have television but saw a few shows... THEY SUCKED!)

They have moved from intellectual content to mindless banter and blather.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
The ratings might be good - but you also have to weigh that up against the production costs - we got a game show over here called Deal or No deal, it seriously pulls in the day time crowd as well as the people who have just finished work - and it's one of the biggest bunches of BS I've ever seen (well actually my BS list is pretty extensive - but this is as good an example as any) It's mind numbing to watch - and all they have to pay out for is the studio - the prize and about 20 cardboard boxes (not kidding!!)

And to boot - very politically bland.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Using the 1992 presidential election as his springboard, documentary filmmaker Brian Springer captures the behind-the-scenes maneuverings of politicians and newscasters in the early 1990s. Pat Robertson banters about "homos," Al Gore learns how to avoid abortion questions, George Bush talks to Larry King about halcyon -- all presuming they're off camera. Composed of 100% unauthorized satellite footage, Spin is a surreal expose of media-constructed reality.

Google Video Link

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Of course the video is no longer available. Why am I not surprised? If you find this video available elsewhere, would you be kind enough to re-post it here? There really is nothing better than seeing the true colors of our puppets.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthFairie

the video works just fine

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I apologize, the very first time I tried to view it, I got the "video no longer available" message. After I posted my first reply I tried it again and *poof* it works. Weird.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
in all honestly, yea it seems like some huge crazy conspiracy

and it might be

but in all honesty

the biggest motivator is money when it comes to tv, hollywood, media, etc

and bottom line, all the shows you mentioned, cost a lot of money to make

survivor, dancing with the stars, all these reality shows

cost pennies on the dollar when compared to the other shows u talk about

bottom line a reality tv show can be shot for a 1/4 of the cost of most shows that are scripted and produced

i mean yea reality tv isnt exactly reality and alot is scripted, planned, etc but bottom line its still alot cheaper to have mr has been work with a hot dancing chick then it is to make a show about that character and a hot dancing chick (if that makes sense how i said it, hopefully you know what i mean)

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
anyone ever think of simply not watching television? read a book. take a walk. see a friend. tv is only as dumb as we make it. i can watch pbs or a classic movie if i want. tv has been pretty good to me.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by elston

Not to bash you, but if this were the case than the adult swim programing would not be aired at all. The cartoon Family Guy constantly bash homosexuality, the government and any thing else you want to add to the list.

new topics

top topics

join