It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reid: We won't smell the tourists anymore

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   

www.dcexaminer.com

The Capitol Visitors Center, which opened this morning, may have tripled its original budget and fallen years behind schedule, but Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid found a silver lining for members of Congress: tourists won't offend them with their B.O. anymore.

"My staff tells me not to say this, but I'm going to say it anyway," said Reid in his remarks. "In the summer because of the heat and high humidity, you could literally smell the tourists coming into the Capitol. It may be descriptive but it's true."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Exactly who does this jackass think he is in making a statement like this? This is a blatant insult to the American People who hired this buffoon to represent them. I guess all tourists stink, don't they Dingy Harry?

These arrogant liberals are not the tolerant, compassionate, good hearted folk they try to make themselves out to be. Rather, they are arrogant, condescending, elitists that look down their noses at us peons without fail. And the worst part is that 50% of the American People continue to think they are better than Republicans and are for the little guy. This is just one of MANY, MANY examples that they are NOT who they claim to be!

Hey Harry, I've got news for you, you shmuck. That smell that you describe is not the smell of tourists body odor. It's the smell of the mountainous heaps of bovine feces that pour out of the House and Senate everyday pf the year. We peons out here in the rest of the country have smelled it for decades.

www.dcexaminer.com

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Now that the elections are over they don't have to pretend anymore. They think they are better than everyone else.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Ehh…who cares.

Does anybody really listen to Harry Reid anyway? I sure as hell don't.

This guy is a walking, talking waste of space.

It's a tie between him and Pelosi for the most inept, ignorant, partisan politician of all time.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
Ehh…who cares.

Does anybody really listen to Harry Reid anyway? I sure as hell don't.

This guy is a walking, talking waste of space.

It's a tie between him and Pelosi for the most inept, ignorant, partisan politician of all time.

Yeah well don't forget that these morons have alot of power over you and everyone else in the country. It is exactly this kind of arrogance that has lead to the problems we face in this country now. Don't forget that libs are the primary cause behind the destruction of our economy and these two jackasses, Pelosi and Reid, are just as much to blame.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Well sorry I agree who likes smelly people, not me for one. Personal hygiene should be top of the list for any person. If I had my way I would have he fire hoses turned on the great unwashed. Its cost very little to keep oneself clean and hygenic.

And as for the liberals being the ones causing the collapse of the economy thats a pile of poo. Its all to easy to point the finger of blame at a few people and state it is all their fault when the reality is a very complex one and one that has taken years to come to fruition.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
As I said on the other thread about this -

The tourists don't smell as bad as the stink'n politicians do!!!

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiquidMirage
tourists won't offend them with their B.O. anymore.

What a tosser.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure your entire post falls under the Political Baiting and Sniping rule.

Calm down.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

reply to post by LiquidMirage

I'm pretty sure that we can find people on all parts of the political spectrum to lay parts of blame to for the mess we have come to see now. Placing blame on one group over others only contributes to the problem and does nothing to fix it, imo.

--

Harry Reid made a dumb comment with that one, but at the same time, I can't say that I disagree. Working in an area where Tourism makes a great amount of our economy I can tell you that I do not appreciate the odor of some of my tables that come in. It may offend some people, it may cause people to get angry if I said something, but the truth of the matter is that some people that choose not to stick to western hygiene standards do indeed smell bad to us.

Should he in his position have made the statement, probably not, but I can't turn around an ignorant statement and make it the proof of the cause for recession.

reply to post by FlyersFan

Amen sister!

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

[edit on 12/2/08 by niteboy82]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Ah yes. From one of the leaders of the "party of tolerance".

US citizens (aka tourists) to Harry Reid:

We paid for the new building, along with everything you see and do in DC.

Act like you remember that every once in awhile. :shk:

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by prototism
I'm pretty sure your entire post falls under the Political Baiting and Sniping rule.

Calm down.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't as it's a quoted news source. You lose.

And Reid is a useless old man.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiquidMirage

www.dcexaminer.com

The Capitol Visitors Center, which opened this morning, may have tripled its original budget and fallen years behind schedule, but Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid found a silver lining for members of Congress: tourists won't offend them with their B.O. anymore.

"My staff tells me not to say this, but I'm going to say it anyway," said Reid in his remarks. "In the summer because of the heat and high humidity, you could literally smell the tourists coming into the Capitol. It may be descriptive but it's true."

i wish people smelled like bubblegum, like watermelon and not cotton candy

new topics

top topics

join