It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could this be why the Auto Makers are failing in the USA?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Actually Unions are not out dated. I work for the Post Office as a mail carreier. Without the union many people would be getting screwed over. Its actually the biggest union in the US so go figure a government institution has the biggest union... How our pay work is that we compare the 3 other delivery companies and we decide how our pay will coincide.. So think before you say you nonsense opinion

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Automakers over here in Belgium are also "withdrawing their activity", a process that's been ongoing for years now.

And every factory that goes is like tearing out a community's heart.
Noy only losing that plant but also the subsidiary businesses which interconnected.

Just wanted to add a bit about Unions, since I'm active in one. I'm amazed Union workers seem to get a raise in salary just because they are Union?

Over here in Belgium, it is on a vulontary basis, with no attached benefits at all. You just campaign stressing things which you feel are important to defend, and if elected, become part of a comitee which can excercise a little more weight on the director and his board, but not by much to be honest. Every step forward being countered by a little step back.

And once you accept these bribes from the patrons, you become part of the system, and you lose the entire point of why a Union is needed.
You sold out.

Ask workers at Walmart what a strong Union could mean for them, where people are trying to organise themselves even faced with Corporate Strongarm tactics . They sure as heck didn't take any benefits from management, those people still know what it is all about.

And then you have the segments of society which do have a Union who are basically being sold by the big bosses of those old 'respectable' Unions, blatantly, so Unions alltogether get projected as moneygrubbing obscenitys from the past.

Imho Union workers should never accept any money or other benefit for doing what their ideals lead them to strive for. Humane, safe working conditions, humane payment, paid vacation etc. Getting bonusses only breaks away credibility. In fact, I never would have vulonteered for it if there whére promises of corporate sweeteners headed my way if I played by the old boys rules.

Is the car industry being in trouble, in part hastened by a lax, smug, corrupt form of Union? Ever noticed Unions which employ these practices are mainly the only ones the goverments ever sit down with?

<< 1   >>

join