It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need help explaining possible Angel sighting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Hello all, I've been a long-time lurker here, and I believe this is only my second post on the site.

As my username implies, I believe that there is a God, and that we were created by this Being, in whatever way we choose to characterize it, whether that be the Christian God, or Allah, etc.

That said, I had an experience around the age of 5 that has been a source of inspiration/frustration for me for many years now.

When I was about 5, I was very sick. (My parents later told me I had a life-threatening fever of 105 degrees.) While my parents were upstairs, I was in the basement/playroom just snuggling in a bunch of blankets, feeling generally crappy. At this time, I just had a slight fever, and my parents let me hang-out in the play-room because it made me feel more comfortable.

Well, I don't recall how long I was down there, but eventually I started seeing spots-- big green, purple, red spots in my field of vision. This didn't scare me, rather it entertained me. (I used to close my eyes and press my fingers against my eyelids to create a "fireworks show"...something my older brother taught me... wow, who knew messing with the proper blood circulation to your eyes could be so much fun!)

What happened next remains a mystery to me.

I looked at the TV we had downstairs, and I saw what I thought was a TV show... There was a man with his shirt off, and I witnessed small "buds" appear on his back which slowly grew into wings. I seem to recall there also being a second person, a woman, growing wings as well.

Shortly after seeing this, my parents came down to check on me, discovered my 105 degree fever, and rushed me off to the hospital.

I recall having been iced-down...I don't know if it was in a bath tub or not, but I got the ice-treatment at the hospital.

My parents told me that I kept telling them, "I see angels, I see angels!"

Sometime later I discussed what I had seen with my parents-- the people/angels growing wings on TV. My mom and dad both told me that when they came to check on me downstairs, the tv was OFF.

Alright, here is my question to all you ATS'ers:

Does anyone know of a possible movie/tv show which aired between 1978-1980 that could have had the scene I described?

My feelings will not be hurt to discover I simply saw a movie-- I'm just looking for answers!

Thanks all for reading, and if this thread is not in the appropriate forum, please move it mods.

Thanks again for any info you folks can offer!

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
High fever can cause hallucination. That's the simplest explanation. Is that what happened in your case? Who knows. But I would go so far as to say... probably.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
that would be my guess aswell. hallucinations caused by fever.

i had a great hallucination when i was around 8. i thought the bed was gonna eat me was pretty funny after i got better but i never looked at it the same way again

where was i

o right the angels. well being an atheist i think that you just saw what you were trained to see. beings of light coming to help you in your time of need.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Having a degree in Psychology (and also working in the healthcare field,) I agree that hallucination is the most obvious explanation, along the lines of Occam's Razor.

It does interest me the subject matter of the possible hallucination, as my father has always been an atheist, and I was not exposed to such religious matters at that age.

I am not seeking to convince anyone of the possible existence of Angelic beings, only soliciting possible interpretations for what I saw. I really would like to know if I WAS seeing a film/tv show, as that scene has been indelibly etched in my memory (however faulty we know memories can be).

Thanks for your replies.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I just think you had hallucinations from the sickness, yet you were also loved and protected by your Guardian Angels as well. Different set of physics for the same situation. Happens all the time. If it had been less you would not still have complete memory of the Angels that loved you then and still do.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by sparkofdivine

Angels don't have wings except for the Cherubim whom have 6 wings. Read the Authorized King James Version and read the Creation story in Genesis to see my point.

And God created them Male and Female in the image of God and the Angels...

Ever seen a man with wings? We were created in the image an likeness of God and the Angels yet not one human has ever had wings. So if you believe the Bible is true, which it seems you do by your post you would have to mark this one up to some kind of brain fart or hallucination.

I hope this don't seem mean or degrading to the OP, it is not mean to be only meant to explain that Angels don't have wings according to God's WORD. Unless GOD sent a Cherubim, which is not their job to be messengers or come to Earth, they have the job of protecting the Mercy Seat, that is to say the Throne of Jesus, or the Ark of the Covenant.

Hope this helped you decipher your vision without demeaning your vision or feelings in any way. I just gave it to you as GOD's WORD says it.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
The Christian God IS Allah you know. He was the God of Abraham.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
The only movie I can think of with such imagery was a mid 90's flick called "Prophecy". Not a bad flick... though the sequels sort of sucked hard.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Resinveins

There was one other movie that gave this impression, altough it would have been correct in the name of the Arch Angel, but incorrect in the sending to Earth part.

John Travolta played "Michael" and had wings. pretty good movie too for plot and characters but it was not based on any Biblical facts...

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by theindependentjournal
reply to post by sparkofdivine

Angels don't have wings except for the Cherubim whom have 6 wings. Read the Authorized King James Version and read the Creation story in Genesis to see my point.

And God created them Male and Female in the image of God and the Angels...

Oh You have it so wrong, Angels do indeed exist and they most certainly have HUGE WINGS!!!

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by damwel

Allah is NOT the Christian GOD nor the GOD of Ishmaelites, Ishmael was Egyptian by his mother and went back to Egypt.

There is much information available on the web from both Historical perspectives and Religious but they agree.

Allah was one of 360 Gods of the region today known as Saudi Arabia, Allah was the greatest of the 360 gods and known as the Moon and War god, hence today Allah Akbar "Allah is the greatest of gods". That is a plural phrase and instantly takes it out of monotheism

As I said this is historically accurate and religiously accurate and is well known to those who research it. If you would like to find out more from the religious and historical sides check out this.

EDIT - It is at about 30 minutes into this video for the message on Allah, there is a mp3 of just this message available on Avi's site under the name Victor Mordecai.

Google Video Link

[edit on 12/2/2008 by theindependentjournal]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I think its up to them how they chose to present themselves, with wings or not. For a child, they may go the whole 9 yards and show the wing things. For an adult, it could be the homeless old man you are walking by.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I knew a girl several years ago. At the time she was about 13 years old. She was in a terrible car accident. Her head went through the windshield and it split her head wide open. The skull was cracked so badly the scalp was splt front to back. She said an older Hispanic lady held her head and kept the wound closed long enough for the medics to get to her. When she got to the hospital she asked about the lady who held her head. No one saw the lady but her. Could have been an angel? The medics said no one was there when they got to her but her parents, and they were not holding her head because they were injured and semi-conscious. She believes it was an Angel.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
My Mom and I were caught in a flood on Oakcreek in Sedona one time, An entire line of cars stopped and were taking pictures when suddenly a man drove up in an old car, jumped out with a big rope, waged the flood waters and saved us.

By then the crowd was massive, the emergency services arrived and the man who saved us was nowhere to be found. We always thought he was an Angel. And so did many of the people who watched as he bravely saved our lives. He was just gone.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Thanks all for your insight and opinions.

I take no offense to any comments.

My intent was not meant to stir up any anti-Christian or "angels aren't real" sort of melodrama.

I was just curious to see if any movie had been made in the late 70's that may have been broadcasted on tv to possibly account for my experience.

I have no opinion on the nature of Allah, as I am not muslim... I only cited the additional reference to "a God" to describe the fact that I am open-minded... at the age of my experience I was neither religious, nor spiritual.

As the years have progressed, I have (due to other personal experiences and study,) chosen to believe in the divinity of Jesus.

We all probably have strong beliefs about the validity of religion/God, but I would surmise none of us will know the truth about everything until after we die.

Though I do believe in Jesus as a divine figure, I take issue with many biblical references which I believe to be figurative instances, not literal ones (ie, the Earth created in 7 days, and the symbolic images in Revelations).

I know as well the references to Cherubim, Seraphim, and the "angel hierarchy", and the fact that angels with 2 bird-like wings (as portrayed on tv and movies) are not described as such in biblical passages.

It is a pleasure to read everyone's input, and I am not offended by those who would believe that faith/religion/angels are the realm of the intellectually stunted.

Thanks again for your responses!

new topics

top topics

join