It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas judge dismisses Cheney, Gonzales charges

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
The charges against Cheney and Gonzales regarding the prisoner abuse in Texas have been dropped.

www.sfgate.com.../c/a/2008/12/02/MN0514FPHH.DTL

The thread that covered the original charges generated lots of debate and conjecture and now that the charges have been dismissed I'd like to hear your well informed opinions.

My take on this is a Texas DA was performing a last great act of defiance before his term ends. DA Guerra is known for his left wing politics and courtroom antics that have been described as "wierd". This was an attempt on his part to make a big show with an attempt at lots of sensationalism with no substance. The judge's warning to the DA makes it sound like the judged viewed it as only a personal attack on Cheney and Gonzales and not a legitimate charge.

My question to you, the ATS thinkers is, do you feel the charges may have been viewed differently if they had been made by someone with a more sound reputation, or do you think they were so far out to begin with that only a radical like DA Guerra would have considered them?

Is this a case of somebody abusing his elected position to make a political point, or is this a show of Cheney's power to sweep it under the rug?

The intent of this thread is not to discuss Cheney or Gonzales' politics but to decide if either DA Guerra or VP Cheney used their elected position to circumvent the judicial process for political reasons.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
MONEY TALKS AND SH+T WALKS
is all I'm going to say.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by DataWraith

Or maybe, other than people being pissed off at them, they didn't do anything illegal.

Ever considered that?

Probably not.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
reply to post by DataWraith

Or maybe, other than people being pissed off at them, they didn't do anything illegal.

Ever considered that?

Probably not.

Name me one politician that hasn't done anything Illegal to further their own aims or wealth and I will retract my statement. As for Cheney , he profited from Arms sales and isn't he a chairman of the company that produces Aspartme in sweetener which is Harmful to people's health.?

top topics

join