It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Queen the only Female Mason?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by sarahross777

The Most Noble Order of the Garter

The Order of the Garter is the parent organization over Free Masonry, worldwide. When a man becomes a 33rd Degree Mason, he swears allegiance to that organization, and thereby to Prince Charles. According to "The 'Morals and Dogma' of the Ancient and Accepted Rite of Freemasonry" written by Albert Pike (Grand Commander, Sovereign Pontiff of Universal Freemasonry, July 14, 1889)

www.theforbiddenknowledge.com...
Bull$#!+. The word "Garter" never appears once ANYWHERE in Morals and Dogma. Look for yourself.

Prince Charles is a member of the elite Freemason order Ordo Templi Orientis (OTO, the Order of Oriental Templars, or the Order of the Temple of the East) under the Grand Lodge of Great Brittain and Northern Ireland.

christianblogs.christianet.com...

www.theforbiddenknowledge.com...
OTO, though inspired by Masonic structure in some ways, is NOT a Masonic organization.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by sarahross777

The Order of the Garter is not the parent organization. Nowhere in Morals and Dogma does it talk about the Order of the Garter nor that Albert Pike was the Sovereign Pontiff of Universal Freemasonry.

Actually the OTO is not a Masonic body, its something separate.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
There are lodges outside of "regular" UGLE system do allow female members.

Alice Bailey was an honorary Freemason as well.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by vcwxvwligen

Guess you missed the part about such groups being "irregular" (a.k.a. not the real deal [a.k.a quacks like a duck, looks like a platypus]).

I can start a group claiming to be masonic, doing all sorts of things that real Masons wouldn't do and/or not doing things they would do and nobody can prevent it. Freemasonry as is generally considered by people who are neither Masons nor anti-Masons is a generic term, kind of like Baptist.

Wonder how real Baptists feel when lumped together in the public mindset with the likes of the Westboro 'Baptist' Church?

Probably not happy I'd wager!

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fitzgibbon

Guess you missed the part about such groups being "irregular" (a.k.a. not the real deal [a.k.a quacks like a duck, looks like a platypus]).

"Regular" is a term coined by the UGLE in order to disparage any lodge that doesn't agree with their dogma.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   

"Regular" is a term coined by the UGLE in order to disparage any lodge that doesn't agree with their dogma.

Unless you're Grand Orient, why would that distinction rankle? Certainly it's a differentiation that UGLE (and other Grand Lodges worldwide) are free to make. Just like regular Baptists don't like being tarred with the same brush as must come their way whenever the Westboro Baptist Church does another publicity-seeking embarrassing act.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Unless you're Grand Orient, why would that distinction rankle? Certainly it's a differentiation that UGLE (and other Grand Lodges worldwide) are free to make. Just like regular Baptists don't like being tarred with the same brush as must come their way whenever the Westboro Baptist Church does another publicity-seeking embarrassing act.

The UGLE call themselves "regular Masons" not "regular English Masons"

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   

The UGLE call themselves "regular Masons" not "regular English Masons"

Would you much mind answering the actual question? I assume you missed the "and other Grand Lodges worldwide" component of my post.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by vcwxvwligen

And those are what we call Clandestine Freemasons, irregular. No regular Grand Lodge recognizes irregular Lodges or members, nor any body under the control of the Grand Orients.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Irregular and clandestine --- those words are fairly ugly and get tossed around too often by Masons.

I happen to be a mainstream Mason in a Grand Lodge recognized by UGLE. My tradition is male-only.

However, I happen to be acquainted with one of the most notable (Yeah, well, if you know anyone who is...) female Masons in North America. I have tremendous respect for her dedication to the Craft and for her research and scholarly contributions to the tradition.

She and I will never sit in Lodge together. Her lodge is not recognized by mine.

But we can and should be respectful of each other's traditions and not toss around nasty words at one another.

After all, no less a person than the then-Pro-Grand Master of the UGLE referred to her by the Masonic title accorded her in her tradition at a conference she attended. And if he can call a woman 'brother' then the rest of us can be a little more generous in our descriptions of traditions other than our own.

(But, still, I draw the line at something that adopts an acronym that turns out to be GOofUS.)

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by driley
(But, still, I draw the line at something that adopts an acronym that turns out to be GOofUS.)

Touché! Well-played sir! Nice way to start off a holiday Monday!

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
The O.T.O. is not Freemasonry, and Prince Charles is not a member of the O.T.O. (nor is he a Mason).

The O.T.O. is an interesting organization, with a pretty fascinating history. However, pretty much all of its members are hippies, not princes.

[edit on 25-5-2010 by Masonic Light]

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
The Lady Freemason

The Hon. Mrs Elizabeth Aldsworth, was initiated into freemasonary after peeping through a crack in a brick wall.

See attached links

Www.munsterfreemason.com/history/the-lady-freemason/

en.m.wikipedia.org...
edit on 10-7-2015 by Eighteenthdegree because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Masonic Light

Doesn't thee French masonry accept females?

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Masonic Light

Isn't rotary club like the freemasonry without the chivalry ideals, Hokus pokus, grand wizards, dragons. Rotary club is like a modernized freemasonry, without all the bull#? Donating blood thinking its royal or Neanderthal, saturnalia obligations, I mean masonry are like Jehovah's, much fantasies and very little understanding.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Temudjiin
The Grand Orient of France does, but it is not recognized. The Grand Lodge National of France does not and is recognized.

Also, Masonic Light isn't very active these days.

The Rotary is a completely different type of organization. Freemasonry is an initiatic fraternity while the Rotary is a service organization. I don't think you realize what Freemasonry is.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: KSigMason
The Grand Orient of France does, but it is not recognized. The Grand Lodge National of France does not and is recognized.

Also, Masonic Light isn't very active these days.

The Rotary is a completely different type of organization. Freemasonry is an initiatic fraternity while the Rotary is a service organization. I don't think you realize what Freemasonry is.

Ideals, morals and ethics, chivalry. Freemasonry is a fantasy, like Camelot. Grown men who hasn't come out of the dungeon and dragons era as a teenager.
Histories and fantasies about the Templars and their escapades.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   
So you consider ideals, morals and ethics, chivalry fantasy? Really?

Freemasonry isn't fantasy. It uses a system of degrees to teach lessons so one can better himself. Nothing "fantasy" about it. Comparing it to D&D demonstrates you need to do more research.

The York Rite, specifically the Commandery deals with the Templars, but we take the name in commemoration only, not that we think we're of their lineage. The Lodge doesn't deal with the Templars.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: KSigMason

You do know you are a primate, where in nature do you see chivalry? The only meaning for the masonry and its moral and ethics is Integrity of a mason or the function of one in society without being corrupted or can say no without leaning towards basic instincts.
You are defending an ideal, ideals makes wars not rules and boundaries. You are being used.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Where are you getting your ideas of what freemasonry is? I'm assuming YouTube....

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join