It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Queen the only Female Mason?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I'm not going to pull the old, 'my wife's 2nd uncles mate is a 33rd
degree mason stunt', lol...
My friend who grew up in the U.K. and lives in Oz now
told me 3 things that she does know and believes(sp) are true.
Her Dad is/has been a Mason for about 35yrs.

#1. Lizzy is a Mason of a high level
#2. A 'cheat sheet' with the occasional key word left blank.
for 'sponsored newbies' so they can memorise the stuff
that one has to recite, from memory at ceremonies.
My friends husband will swear to this. I've got him looking
for the 'cheat sheet'. He said his father-in-law just wrote
it down, leaving the odd gap or ten, and gave it to him.
When he moved to Oz, 4yrs ago he brought it with him.
Just, got to find it...he says it was just one page, hand-written
by his father in law, and he didn't pay much att' to it.
(not really interested...just playing along with future father
in law)
#3. My friend's Dad, (the mason), was very secretive
about his 'meetings'. But, he gave a newbie a
'cheat sheet'???

No links, sorry. This is just 'goss', but I have no reason
to doubt her.
S.

P.S: I know nothing about Mason's etc.
Just wanted to let you all know

[Edited on 3-4-2004 by sanctum]

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Legitimate Freemasonry admits men only, because it is a fraternity. There are, however, auxiliary organizations that admit women, most notably the Order of the Eastern Star and Order of Amaranth, as well as the Daughters of the Nile, which is a Shriners auxiliary. There also exists two Orders composed of female minors which are Masonic auxiliaries: Rainbow Society and Job's Daughters.
The Queen of England is not a member of any Masonic organization, nor is Prince Charles.
However, the Duke of Kent is the Grand Master of the United Grand Lodge of England.

Fiat Lvx.

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light
Legitimate Freemasonry admits men only, because it is a fraternity. There are, however, auxiliary organizations that admit women, most notably the Order of the Eastern Star and Order of Amaranth, as well as the Daughters of the Nile, which is a Shriners auxiliary. There also exists two Orders composed of female minors which are Masonic auxiliaries: Rainbow Society and Job's Daughters.
The Queen of England is not a member of any Masonic organization, nor is Prince Charles.
However, the Duke of Kent is the Grand Master of the United Grand Lodge of England.

Fiat Lvx.

ML, Got a link...url, any format. PDF Whatever????
S.
...me thinks not. No dis' ML.

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Got a link...url

A link for what?

Prince Edward George Nicholas Paul Patrick, Duke of Kent, Grand Master of the United Grand Lodge of England
www.grandlodge-england.org...

The Duke of Kent's message upon being re-elected Grand Master
www.grandlodge-england.org...

General Grand Chapter of the Order of the Eastern Star
www.easternstar.org...

Supreme Assembly, International Order of Rainbow
www.iorg.org...

Job's Daughters International
www.iojd.org...

Supreme Council, Daughters of the Nile
www.daughtersofthenile.com...

[Edited on 3-4-2004 by Masonic Light]

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Got a link...url

A link for what?

A credible link re: Is she a Mason or not. If so, Lodge etc.
S.

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Fiat Lvx.

Oh, I just worked it out. I quote you,"Legitimate Freemasonry"...
So the Queen could be a Freemason of the Grand Poo-Bah level,
but just another illuminatii doing what they do best.
Ah..ah..ah..bull$hit. 'scuse me.
S.

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Oh, I just worked it out. I quote you,"Legitimate Freemasonry"...

By "legitimate Freemasonry", I refer to orthodox Freemasonry. All legitimate Masonic Lodges fall under the following catagories:

1. They must exist under the Jurisdiction of, and be chartered by, a Grand Lodge which is recognized by other legitimate Grand Lodges.
2. By the succession of their Charter, they must be able to be traced historically to the first Masonic Grand Lodge, founded in London in the year 1717.
3. They must admit only men.
4. They must require of all applicants for membership a belief in the existence of Deity.

Over the course of many years, a large variety of organizations have popped up calling themselves "Masonic." Among such groups are several that admit both men and women, as well as women only.
Although they consider their organizations to be "Masonic", and even call themselves "Masons", they are not members of our Fraternity, and they are not allowed to attend legitimate Masonic meetings. These groups are technically referred to as "clandestine" or "irregular" in orthodox Freemasonry. In order for anyone to be admitted into a Lodge, he must produce a valid dues-current membership card confirming he is a member of a regular, or legitimate, Lodge.
The Queen of England has never claimed to be a "Mason", or a member of any auxiliary Masonic organization, nor is there any evidence that she is a member of any such group.
She is, however, eligible to join a Masonic auxiliary for women should she wish to, since she has male relatives who are regular Masons.

Fiat Lvx.

[Edited on 3-4-2004 by Masonic Light]

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Thanks, ML. Point taken.

My friend is still trying to find the 'cheat sheet'.
I'll let u know how she goes.
S.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Fiat Lvx.

I have no wish to needlessly contradict you, but under the UGLE constitution, Prince Charles has been admitted to the mysteries of Freemasonry, but only Iniatiated. He has taken no further interest , unlike his brothers Prince Andrew, Duke of York, and Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex who are both Master Masons.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I have to admit that is news to me.
I was always of the understanding that Prince Charles is not a freemason. The story I heard is that the QM asked him not to join, as she blamed the smoky rooms at the festive boards for her husband's cancer and subsequent death.

Are you sure you're not getting Charles mixed up with Prince Philip?

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller
I was always of the understanding that Prince Charles is not a freemason. The story I heard is that the QM asked him not to join, as she blamed the smoky rooms at the festive boards for her husband's cancer and subsequent death.

Well, it is a matter of county pride apparently that we have a Lodge register signed by HRH Prince Charles in the archive here in our county and he signed as a Brother, albeit as a 1st degree mason. I will confer with my more learned Worshipful Brothers next week and report back.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Hillary Clinton is a 4th level witch now..out ranks Bill.. freemasons for women?

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Quatuor Coronati Lodge of London had reported several years ago that Charles was not a Mason. I'd be interested in seeing documentation that he is now a Mason; it is possible that he could have been initiated since the article was published in Ars Quatuor Coronati.

Fiat Lvx.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Knightmare
Hillary Clinton is a 4th level witch now..out ranks Bill.. freemasons for women?

Hillary Rodham Clinton is being 'briefed'(sp), for the 2008 race.
S.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Which queen were you refering to - Elizabeth or Charles?

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller

It certainly seems someone is mixed up. I have asked several Provincial Secretaries, members of QC Correspondence Circle and even a member of Windsor Castle Lodge, and there is no proof that Prince Charles was ever a Mason, or that he has even considered it. Some mention was made of the influence that Earl Mountbatten had on Prince Charles as a life mentor , ( however relevant that is) and that is as far as my enquiries could proceed.

So, thanks Leveller, and Masonic Light, you were correct. It seems the whole matter was an " urban myth" upon which steps are to be taken to correct, in a friendly and instructive fashion, of course.

[Edited on 21/4/04 by Conquistador]

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 11:50 PM
link   
yeah and youre porbably all masons!

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by topsecretombomb
yeah and youre porbably all masons!

Oh, you have guessed my secret.

Was it the Masonic references that gave me away? Or my recognition of another persons right to an opinion?

Last guess: Was it my correct usage of grammar and punctuation?

Never underestimate the benefits of education.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Actually, all that Eastern Star stuff is a specifically American thing, and the Grand Lodge of England's rule about recognising only male masons isn't universal either.

Most of the continental European Lodges are quite relaxed about those lodges which admit both men and women. The largest obedience within masonry that initiates both genders exists in 71 countries, and seems to be flourishing. They've been going since the nineteenth century and I understand that they derive their charter from French masonry.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Fiat Lvx.

The Most Noble Order of the Garter

The Order of the Garter is the parent organization over Free Masonry, worldwide. When a man becomes a 33rd Degree Mason, he swears allegiance to that organization, and thereby to Prince Charles. According to "The 'Morals and Dogma' of the Ancient and Accepted Rite of Freemasonry" written by Albert Pike (Grand Commander, Sovereign Pontiff of Universal Freemasonry, July 14, 1889)

www.theforbiddenknowledge.com...

Members of the Order of the Garter

The Order is the senior and oldest British Order of Chivalry, founded by Edward III in 1348.

SOVEREIGN OF THE ORDER - THE QUEEN

HIS ROYAL HIGHNESS THE PRINCE OF WALES, 26th July, 1958.

www.royal.gov.uk...

Prince Charles is a member of the elite Freemason order Ordo Templi Orientis (OTO, the Order of Oriental Templars, or the Order of the Temple of the East) under the Grand Lodge of Great Brittain and Northern Ireland.

christianblogs.christianet.com...

www.theforbiddenknowledge.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join