It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plaxico,Barney Fife, Burres

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   

NEW YORK — Taken to court in handcuffs, Plaxico Burress posted $100,000 bail on weapons possession charges Monday as a frenzy grew around the case of the Giants star receiver who accidentally shot himself in a nightclub.

Burress shot himself in the right thigh in the VIP section of the Latin Quarter nightclub in Manhattan about 1 a.m. Saturday, police said. He did not have a permit to carry a handgun in New York.

What in the world was he thinking? What a waste of talent. It is actions like this that give law abiding gun owners a bad name.

If the idiot was so concerned for his own safety he should either employ a body guard or stay out of the club scene. Better yet, apply for a concealed carry permit and take some gun safety classes. I would love to know what gun he was carrying in his pocket. Handguns just don't go off like that unless he was carrying one cocked with no safety.

[edit on 2-12-2008 by jibeho]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
It is the Virginia curse. Mike Vick, now Plaxico......

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Cairowoman

You have to wonder what makes these guys tick. I have to assume that with stardom comes a sense of invulnerability and a feeling that one is above the law somehow. Vick's goose is cooked and I hope they throw the book at Burres. I somehow sense some special treatment in his case though.

new topics

join