It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Birth Certificate Rears Its Head - Again

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Tinkabit

1. Valid Concern
2. Questionable motives
3. Known outcome
4. pointless

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 06:53 AM
link   

I thought they proved this to be factual, because Obama is the son of a US citizen which by right makes him a US citizen even if he was born on foreign soil. Is there really a need for a tenth thread on this come on MOD's get rid of this clear re-post.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 06:55 AM
link   
and how Fishy is this????

www.stoptheaclu.com...

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 06:55 AM
link   
The real question here is are we not entitiled to see the same authentic documentation that clearly establishes one's natural citizenship? His copy of his birth certificate does appear to have issues. We are required as CITIZENS to establish identity and citizenship for many things. Now, the most important office in our country and we are essentially being REFUSED to see the original, unaltered birth certificate that would clearly RESOLVE this in seconds.

I have NO ISSUE with him being elected (even though I did not vote for him) if the original birth certificate establishes the proper natural citizenship. If this document were released and opened doubt as to Obama's citizenship, then YES, it should be resolved even if this means getting the SCOTUS involved. Folks, you either respect our laws or you don't. We don't "bend the rules" just because our guy won.

Incidentally, I would have asked the same of McCain as there were questions about his natural born status. From what I read, he did release his original birth certificate to resolve this.

Why is this so difficult for Obama to do?

[edit on 3-12-2008 by Freenrgy2]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   
To quote Intelgurl on this thread

this is s non-issue even if he was born in Kenya (which I very much doubt) as he would still be a elligible to be President

Originally posted by intelgurl

Here are the citizenship requirements for President of the US - the one that fits Obama is in bold:

Title 8 Section 1401 of the U.S. Code
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

* Anyone born inside the United States

* Any Indian or Eskimo born in the United States, provided being a citizen of the U.S. does not impair the person's status as a citizen of the tribe

* Any one born outside the United States, both of whose parents are citizens of the U.S., as long as one parent has lived in the U.S.

* Any one born outside the United States, if one parent is a citizen and lived in the U.S. for at least one year and the other parent is a U.S. national

* Any one born in a U.S. possession, if one parent is a citizen and lived in the U.S. for at least one year

* Any one found in the U.S. under the age of five, whose parentage cannot be determined, as long as proof of non-citizenship is not provided by age 21

* Any one born outside the United States, if one parent is an alien and as long as the other parent is a citizen of the U.S. who lived in the U.S. for at least five years

Again, all this hullaballoo is nonsense - this is a non-issue.

As to the people who say his right to citizenship extinguished with his mother's marriage to the Lolo Soetoro should know that a minor cannot lose his/her citizenship through the actions of the parents.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Popeye
To quote Intelgurl on this thread

this is s non-issue even if he was born in Kenya (which I very much doubt) as he would still be a elligible to be President

Originally posted by intelgurl

Here are the citizenship requirements for President of the US - the one that fits Obama is in bold:

Title 8 Section 1401 of the U.S. Code

* Anyone born inside the United States

* Any Indian or Eskimo born in the United States, provided being a citizen of the U.S. does not impair the person's status as a citizen of the tribe

* Any one born outside the United States, both of whose parents are citizens of the U.S., as long as one parent has lived in the U.S.

* Any one born outside the United States, if one parent is a citizen and lived in the U.S. for at least one year and the other parent is a U.S. national

* Any one born in a U.S. possession, if one parent is a citizen and lived in the U.S. for at least one year

* Any one found in the U.S. under the age of five, whose parentage cannot be determined, as long as proof of non-citizenship is not provided by age 21

* Any one born outside the United States, if one parent is an alien and as long as the other parent is a citizen of the U.S. who lived in the U.S. for at least five years

Again, all this hullaballoo is nonsense - this is a non-issue.

As to the people who say his right to citizenship extinguished with his mother's marriage to the Lolo Soetoro should know that a minor cannot lose his/her citizenship through the actions of the parents.

Philip J. Berg, Esquire, the Attorney - note the word "ATTORNEY", he probably has a fair idea on the legalities of the matter

Transparency is a good thing, especially for the people we elect, unless people want to be treated like good little peasants

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I tried to read through some Indonesian law that was in affect at the time Obamas mother remarried. It seemed to suggest that once his mother married an Indonesian citizen, she could become an Indonesian citizen too. And, the adoption of Barack, err I mean Barry, would also bestow Indonesian citizenship to him automatically through his step-father. And, Indonesia did not allow dual citizenship at the time, thus for any of this to have occurred back then over their, they would have had to renounce their US citizenship. Barry's mother and step-father, his legal guardians, may have basically threw Barry's US citizenship in the trash. Sucks for him, but hey, that's the way the ball bounces for some of us sometimes. Confess, Obama, the Great Deceiver, and stop trying to hide the truth ya liar liar!
Also, at that time, Indonesian law stipulated only an Indonesian citizen may attend the public schools, which he did.

[edit on 3-12-2008 by Divinorumus]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Divinorumus

His citizenship is not the question. He is required to be a "Natural Born Citizen" according to the US Constitution. Its black and white. It pains me to hear some acting as though this is trivial and this should just be overlooked. If he was natural born, great put it to rest. If he wasn't, I feel like I was deceived from the start, not a nice way to start an election much less a term in office.

I just want to know the truth, and to be quite honest obama's own behavior toward this issue hs me more concerned than the facts.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah
Can anyone tell me why is it so important that the US President has to be born in the US, rather than just be a citizen? Are they more American for being born on the US soil? Do they know more about the US and can take the citizenship test perfectly like someone who is applying for citizenship?

All I see is a technicality that people are using to make sure Obama never gets into office, whether it be because of his race, him being democrat, or both.

If more than 50% of the US population wants him as President and a small group of whiners don't, why don't the whiners know what "majority rules" means in a Democracy?

[edit on 2-12-2008 by DJMessiah]

Because we do not live in a democracy, USA is a constitutional republic, and the majority DOES NOT rule.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by slicobacon

I suppose it's possible he was born in Kenya, but I'm not gonna get all upset about that, his mother was still a US citizen at the time. Where we were born should matter not so long as one of our parents are a US citizen. I won't get behind THAT approach and fight, even if THAT is a Constitutional thang. But, I will turn my back on him for deceiving us if that's the case.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by hotrodturbo7

Close. Just one gripe. We're not a "constitutional republic" either, but a democratic republic, which simply happens to be mandated by our constitution. It is a fusion of both forms, designed to protect a plurality of voters.

So please, a shout out to all you people who want to do away with the electoral college here, also, cause you're still pissed about the 2000 incident, visit a welfare office and call a vote to see how everyone in line should spend your money. Fair, huh?

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I wonder if this is a "public" WARNING! from particular groups who are watching this?

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by SpencerJ

I'm not against the electoral college, but would prefer that each district cast their vote based on the popular vote for that district. I think two states, Maine and Nebraska or Kansas (I really don't remember) cast their electoral votes that way. The hope would be that major metropolitan areas woulnd't be able to monopolize the vote. For example, if 11 districts voted for McCain and Obama picked up 10, then break it up that way, instead of Chicago monopolizing the popular vote and Obama ending up with all 21.

I just think this would be a more fair way of representing the popular vote and still keep the electoral college intact.

[edit on 3-12-2008 by Freenrgy2]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I agree fully. This is called piecemeal representation, and would level the playing field.

The only caveat aside from diversifying the battleground states into districts is that they would be prone to gerrymandering, like Congressional races, but still more accurate nevertheless..

But anything's better than getting rid of the electoral college. That's the worst idea ever.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by StevenDye

What if the person was born in German, but was born a U.S. citizen?

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Freenrgy2

No one, for ANY public office, is required to release his/her birth certificate to the general public. My theory is: if you don't have to see it, you will not see it. It really surprises me that so many "conspiracy" minded people, who wouldn't show any documentation to anyone unless forced to, want to see his BC. Of course the BC isn't really the problem, is it? If it wasn't that, it would be something else. The people who needed to see his BC are satisfied. You aren't. Tough stuff!

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by SpacePunk

Let me know if I'm wrong here guys, but if someone was born in Germany on a US facility to American parents they are still considered natrual born. McCain was born in Panama but was elgible because it was a US facility and his American parents were stationed there. BUT the same person would not be natural born if born in Germany to a German and American parent in a German hospital.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah

If more than 50% of the US population wants him as President and a small group of whiners don't, why don't the whiners know what "majority rules" means in a Democracy?

[edit on 2-12-2008 by DJMessiah]

Because ya know its a funny thing, The United States isn't a pure democracy where the majority rules supreme, we are a Republic or as some refer to it as a Representative Democracy. Which means regardless of rather or not you like it, this .minority? Has a say in how this country is run, I know I know its hard to grasp that a minority by a small margin still has a say but that's the reality of a Republic. Welcome to America

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   

FYI:

I am interested in the direction this discussion is taking, even though there are several threads on this issue. However, because this is based on a blog entry, it doesn't fit the rules for BAN material, no matter how fascinating.

I'm sorry ladies and gentlemen, but this thread is being moved to Political Issues.

Thank you, and carry on.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Just in case anyone is interested in the actual story of this thread...

Schultz Hopes the Tribune Ad Brings Attention to his Group

The points this piece makes around the whole "Obama birth scandal" are the most accurate I have seen in one article.

Of interest:

•Obama's paternal grandmother is recorded on tape saying she attended Obama's birth in Kenya, Schulz says.

The group's Web site posted what it says is a transcript of a long-distance phone conversation in Swahili and English from late October between a questioner in the United States and Sarah Hussein Obama, in her Kenyan home. The translator said he was one of two interpreters conducting the interview in a crowded hut during a celebration, over a speaker phone that dropped the call three times. A copy of the recording was not provided by Schulz.
Schulz supports his argument with a reproduced Indonesian school document that states Obama's citizenship at that time as "Indonesian." But the same document also lists Obama's birthplace as " Honolulu, Hawaii."

Just in case anyone is interested.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join